PDA

View Full Version : lets get back to basics

Invicta_Toon
17-08-2006, 02:18 AM
BB has decended into a farce these past few weeks, both inside the house, and outside, as evident with some of the freaks in here

for BB8 we need to go right back to basics, just simply 1 eviction per week from nominated hm's, with cooperation based tasks for food money.

10 non insane HM's go in, 10 come out. Simple as.

no twists, surprises, extensions, reversals, music, birthday parties, prizes, secret rooms, prisons, beaches, vanity or deceit based tasks, letters or any of that b******s

they need to properly build a soundproof diary room, and sort the error prone backstaff out

and no more fawning Davina/Dermot interviews

Arneldo
17-08-2006, 02:25 AM
No matter what BB does the public will find somthing about it to critasize.

BB needs to some twists to make the show more exciting. but i wish BB woukd jjst rewind and look back at some of the BB5 Tapes and see what made it such a good series! the Majority of the housemates all got along which provided us with so much more laughs! But there was still the occision argument! There was also a great selection of tasks and they had a few Twists but loads and it worked perfect.

Blink_Me
17-08-2006, 02:28 AM
10 is not enough.

Invicta_Toon
twists should be exactly that, 1 or 2 in a series, not bloody 2 a week

what's worse is the incessant second guessing and vomit inducing mass hysteria it causes in the HM's

leave them to it, and they will interact, with good or bad results.

Mike
After this years show i think the producers definately have to sit down and look back through the past few shows, for me BB5 was the best ever to hit our screens and also BB6 was pretty good but this year it has been pretty poor IMO.

Smeggypants
17-08-2006, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Invicta_Toon
BB has decended into a farce these past few weeks, both inside the house, and outside, as evident with some of the freaks in here

for BB8 we need to go right back to basics, just simply 1 eviction per week from nominated hm's, with cooperation based tasks for food money.

no twists, surprises, extensions, reversals, music, birthday parties, prizes, secret rooms, prisons, beaches, vanity or deceit based tasks, letters or any of that b******s

they need to properly build a soundproof diary room, and sort the error prone backstaff out

I disagree it's turned into a farce. It's got a lot of viewers fired up and getting angry at each other. That means it's more exciting. More people vote. Endemol make more money, etc, etc!

You can turn it into a boring academic study on the interaction between strangers in a confined space if you like, but most people want a damn good scrap they can chew the fat over. And in some cases here, get thoroughly obsessed over!!!! Especially of £13,000 rests upon the result!!! :)

I think it's been great. Yes I've got angry over Grace. I've got angry over obessive fans anmd their lies.

But on the whole it's been damn good entertainment, and the BEST BB ever for me!!!!

Invicta_Toon
17-08-2006, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Blink_Me
10 is not enough.

seriously? i am actually bored of it now it has gone on so long, just waiting for X factor now tbh

J.C.
17-08-2006, 02:31 AM

couldn`t have said it better myself. this is also why there will be tactical voting this year .

Invicta_Toon
17-08-2006, 02:38 AM
one thing I would change is it needs to be changed to VOTE FOR WHO STAYS for the public vote, with the least supported going

the one reason I think Nikki was evicted, and hence caused this crappy re-entry farce was because looney Ashaleeen supporters saw her as a threat and voted for her to be evicted, however Nikki supporters assumed, as most do, that as she was liked she would be staying, so didn't vote

Smeggypants
17-08-2006, 02:41 AM
Did you want Nikki to stay?

Invicta_Toon
17-08-2006, 02:43 AM
hard to say

I like her as much as I can't stand her most times, but DEFINITELY that vote was not a reflection of her support

Smeggypants
17-08-2006, 02:57 AM
hard to say

I like her as much as I can't stand her most times, but DEFINITELY that vote was not a reflection of her support

I agree!

I didn't want her to go. IMO Nikki is annoying in a positive way ( as opposed to the negative vile way grace was ). I have a personal reason for liking NIkki too. I have a friend who is just like Nikki in character. Not quite as "Tantrum" as Nikki, but certainly has the same childlike way of living life.

Nikki, for me, has been one of the plus points of Bb7. Her appeal isn't Albert Einstein, but she has great value in no brainer escapeism.

Classic girl, and although she might be acting to enhance it, the root personality is genuine!

Ash on rthe other hand is a compuyer generated wannabee!!!

:thumbs:

J.C.
17-08-2006, 02:57 AM
one thing I would change is it needs to be changed to VOTE FOR WHO STAYS for the public vote, with the least supported going

the one reason I think Nikki was evicted, and hence caused this crappy re-entry farce was because looney Ashaleeen supporters saw her as a threat and voted for her to be evicted, however Nikki supporters assumed, as most do, that as she was liked she would be staying, so didn't vote

Honestly I was not a big Ash fan at that point I just found Nikki so so draining to watch after about 3 weeks.

Craiggy
17-08-2006, 08:06 AM
If you back to basics viewers will turn off!

I prefer all these twist's and turns, Loads of Housemates etc..

But the one thing I do hate, and that's messing around with nominations!

Ruth
17-08-2006, 08:28 AM

Great post!

BB has become an embarrasing parody of itself. Let's get back the housemates who we can identify with - not the extreme sterotypes which seem to get picked nowadays.

Invicta_Toon
17-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Craiggy
If you back to basics viewers will turn off!

I prefer all these twist's and turns, Loads of Housemates etc..

But the one thing I do hate, and that's messing around with nominations!

well how far are they going to take it next year?

you can't do the same as this year, so what next? 2 HM's go back in? completely replace the whole house half way in?

BB has become a joke

Sam
17-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by bb4eva

BB needs to some twists to make the show more exciting. but i wish BB woukd jjst rewind and look back at some of the BB5 Tapes and see what made it such a good series! the Majority of the housemates all got along which provided us with so much more laughs! But there was still the occision argument! There was also a great selection of tasks and they had a few Twists but loads and it worked perfect.

i agree the press always find something to blame about. its annoying, so its a controversial show, stop watching it if you dont like it.

easypeasy
17-08-2006, 02:51 PM
it would be nice to have some real people in the house who havent been trying to get into showbiz for years, just the kind of people you see down the pub. no third rate models or dancers or bit part actors.......real people. i think bonnnie was the most down to earth person this year but she stood out because she wasnt an egomaniacal media ho........

Invicta_Toon
17-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by snig06
[quote]Originally posted by bb4eva

BB needs to some twists to make the show more exciting. but i wish BB woukd jjst rewind and look back at some of the BB5 Tapes and see what made it such a good series! the Majority of the housemates all got along which provided us with so much more laughs! But there was still the occision argument! There was also a great selection of tasks and they had a few Twists but loads and it worked perfect. [quote]

i agree the crictics always find something to blame about.

This makes no sense, what exactly do you think a critic is?

I am a BB fan, but I'm damn sure I will criticise what I don't like.

its annoying, so its a controversial show, stop watching it if you dont like it.

Annoying is what you like to watch? Controversy was not part of the original show, more like originality

I put it to you, how far are they going to go? What hair brained half witted crap are they going to serve up next year?

I will stop watching if it carries on like this (as if you can avoid the saturation coverage), but BB will end up getting itself banned before it becomes so unpopular it is dropped, if it carries on like this

Blowout
17-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Big Brother went back to basic's, infact Big Brother 4's slogan was 'Back to basic's' and look how that turned out...

Invicta_Toon
17-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by easypeasy
it would be nice to have some real people in the house who havent been trying to get into showbiz for years, just the kind of people you see down the pub. no third rate models or dancers or bit part actors.......real people. i think bonnnie was the most down to earth person this year but she stood out because she wasnt an egomaniacal media ho........

and what's with letting people in who have auditioned before? If they weren't good enough then, why were they now?

something odd about HM's knowing each other from auditions, and also as it appears with pete, actually knowing previous HM's from their own lives

Sam
17-08-2006, 02:57 PM
[quote]Originally posted by bb4eva

BB needs to some twists to make the show more exciting. but i wish BB woukd jjst rewind and look back at some of the BB5 Tapes and see what made it such a good series! the Majority of the housemates all got along which provided us with so much more laughs! But there was still the occision argument! There was also a great selection of tasks and they had a few Twists but loads and it worked perfect. [quote]

i agree the crictics always find something to blame about.

This makes no sense, what exactly do you think a critic is?

I am a BB fan, but I'm damn sure I will criticise what I don't like.

its annoying, so its a controversial show, stop watching it if you dont like it.

Annoying is what you like to watch? Controversy was not part of the original show, more like originality

I put it to you, how far are they going to go? What hair brained half witted c**p are they going to serve up next year?

I will stop watching if it carries on like this (as if you can avoid the saturation coverage), but BB will end up getting itself banned before it becomes so unpopular it is dropped, if it carries on like this

god calm down, people take this so to seriously.
i think they should bring back the saturday night tasks and keep a maximum of fourteen housemates.

Invicta_Toon
17-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Blowout
Big Brother went back to basic's, infact Big Brother 4's slogan was 'Back to basic's' and look how that turned out...

BB4 wiki:

The fourth series saw several surprises. Four housemates were nominated on the opening night after the housemates were told to make instant nominations based on first impressions, with every housemate receiving even one nomination facing the public vote; of the four, Anouska was evicted one week later. One housemate, Cameron Stout, accepted a challenge from Big Brother and discovered it meant spending a week in the Big Brother Africa house (one of the African housemates, Gaetano, spent some time in the UK house in return). There was a surprise double eviction, new housemate, and return by evicted housemate Jon Tickle for the last two weeks (he was not eligible to win, though he opted not to tell his housemates this).

Ruth
18-08-2006, 08:17 AM

That was due to the housemates they picked. BB1 and BB2 were tremendously popular and they didn't have to have all these ridiculous twists.

Invicta_Toon
18-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Ruth

That was due to the housemates they picked. BB1 and BB2 were tremendously popular and they didn't have to have all these ridiculous twists.

exactly

Sam
18-08-2006, 02:11 PM
lets not get back to basics.

Invicta_Toon
18-08-2006, 02:16 PM
lets not get back to basics.

lets have more twist surprises secrets double crosses secret rooms extra housemates golden housemates returning housmates

and what exactly is a point of a program like that? is it even a game show any more, or just a random pantomime?

Invicta_Toon
18-08-2006, 02:19 PM
from that Grade Dent BB blog:

"As a Big Brother addict right from day 1 of BB1, I think I've finally put myself off. After 93 days, like a child let loose in a sweet shop, I've over-indulged and now I feel sick.

Was this a good Big Brother? I'm not sure. I think the pressures of keeping the storyline alive for 13 weeks required Endemol to use many suspect measures and straw-clutching devices. "

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=47255