PDA

View Full Version : Glyn's Exams/University?

GlitterEyes
17-08-2006, 11:03 AM
It says here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/northwest/halloffame/showbiz/glynwise.shtml)

He was studying for A-levels in art, English and Welsh, but will miss the exams if he stays in the Big Brother house beyond the middle of June. The show runs until August.

Then it says he secured his place in Uni here (http://www.24dash.com/content/news/viewNews.php?navID=48&newsID=9366)

So he could of done the work for Art and passed that but surely he would of failed the English and Welsh if he didn't sit the exams for it. So he must of got into the Uni with his gcses and one a grade in art? or would he of been marked on coursework for maths and english?

BigSister
17-08-2006, 11:06 AM
I was thinking that last nigbt GE too

Louella
17-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Maybe Bangor have reserved a place for him for next year. He shouldn't get in with no A levels in English and Welsh surely?

GlitterEyes
17-08-2006, 11:20 AM
It says he has a place this year. He got an A in Art & Design and he got two e's in welsh and english since he didn't sit the exams but maybe a % of his coursework went towards it or something but does seem very odd.

Can't even find the exact course on the Bangor website to see what the least qualifications you could get in with.

Ollie!
17-08-2006, 01:37 PM
Who knows? Maybe his predicted grades were so good that he secured a place on the strength of those?

Slezer
17-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Come on, obviously they want Glyn because he will be a minor celeb and will make the university more popular lol.

Invicta_Toon
17-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Bangor University?

don't make me laugh

minimum entry requirement: 2 turnips and a goat

GlitterEyes
17-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Lol!

I read somewhere he also has a AS Level in history but who knows.

BBFan1501
17-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Good luck to him. At least he's doing a good thing and going onto education or something meaningful, which makes a change from potentially having to sit through programmes starring people like Chantelle or Jade!