PDA

View Full Version : Contact lenses

Z
14-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Anyone else wear them? Do you wear monthlies, weeklies, dailies? How regularly do you wear them?

I wear monthly lenses and more or less have them in all day every day, don't know what I'd do without them, glasses hurt my head and I really do not suit glasses at all, they make my eyes look small and beady and make me look like a totally different person, nasty

AnnieK
14-12-2013, 12:28 PM
I have daily toric lenses but tend to only wear them when I am going out....

MTVN
14-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Wear mine every day, have to have monthlies cos ive got a bit of an astigmatism in my left eye apparently

They're amazing things, had them for ages now but still love how clear everything suddenly becomes. Does mean I've become quite dependent on them though, dont know if its because of them or not but since i started wearing them all the time my natural vision has worsened quite a lot, if I'm not wearing them I need to be wearing my glasses

Me. I Am Salman
14-12-2013, 11:01 PM
Yes I started to wear them a week and a half ago, the rigid permeable ones which are the hard contacts made from plastic (the common soft ones are made from water) and I don't need to replace them for a year. You can always feel it, it's like when your eyelashes go in your eye. I'm still getting used to them so hopefully it'll stop being irritating, felt like shards of glass when they were first put in though I couldn't even turn my head

Me. I Am Salman
14-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Oh and the vision is PERFECT :worship: RGP lenses give you the best vision out of all lense types I think

Z
16-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Glad you're getting used to them Salman! I'd feel lost without them now, don't think I could ever put myself through laser eye surgery.

Me. I Am Salman
02-03-2014, 01:41 PM
A few weeks ago my optician noticed my cornea has a bit of scratching so I had to buy protein remover tablets which I must use every two weeks for the lense to be extra clean. went again last week and there's still a bit of scratching, so now I have to use lacrilube ointment everyday so my eyes aren't as dry

so basically
-put on lacrilube ointment in my eyes everyday
-fill the case with fresh conditioning solution everyday
-clean my contacts using the cleaner and saline everyday, except if I don't wear them
-clean my lense case with the cleanser and solution every week
-use the protein remover tablets every month
-keep buying saline and conditioning solution every month as it always runs out

having rgp lenses is stressful

Kizzy
02-03-2014, 01:48 PM
When I had yearly contacts years ago they were supplied with protein remover to use once a month, did I use it?... ended up damaging my eyes scratching the face of my eye and had to go to hospital. Went onto monthlies which I also abused by falling asleep in them and such.
Now my eyes only tolerate high water content dailies, no cleaning no problem zee you should maybe think about those a lot less stress.

arista
02-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Anyone else wear them? Do you wear monthlies, weeklies, dailies? How regularly do you wear them?

I wear monthly lenses and more or less have them in all day every day, don't know what I'd do without them, glasses hurt my head and I really do not suit glasses at all, they make my eyes look small and beady and make me look like a totally different person, nasty

No they Do Not

Stop looking in Mirrors - You

Ninastar
02-03-2014, 01:54 PM
i have ones that you change every 2 weeks and they are stressful enough as it is

i hate that my eyesight is awful. its my biggest hate about myself. i just want laser eye surgery so much.

Livia
02-03-2014, 04:05 PM
I've only worn contacts for fancy dress parties and to freak out my nieces at Halloween. I'm not sure I could put them in every day, what a faff....

Z
02-03-2014, 06:07 PM
No they Do Not

Stop looking in Mirrors - You

They really do. I think it'd be better if the frames were bigger; but the glasses I've had for the last few years haven't really suited my face at all.