PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of spots.

T*
15-12-2013, 01:02 PM
I'm going through puberty. (Obvi) but spots are horrible and make me freak out, and can effect young adults too.

I used to pick like an idiot but now I just use some tea tree oil, works a charm and dries your spots up in a flash. You can get it from pound worlds, home bargains, or in your supermarkets. Just put a dab in your finger, rub it in, and wait.

LemonJam
15-12-2013, 01:04 PM
I've tried absolutely everything and nothing works. Only thing left would be that uber strong medication that can make you depressed but considering I'm broke as ****, painfully single and work a ****ty/stressful job it's probably not the best idea :laugh:

Lee.
15-12-2013, 01:06 PM
My cousins got some medication from the docs and it was amazing! Both their skins were awful.. But ended up completely clear and glowing.

Braden
15-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Aw, don't worry too much about them Cuda, they come and go with age.

I think I've used tea tree oil from The Body Shop before, and it the outcome was really good. Moisturising daily has always been good for me too, as I never normally get spots. I have heard that it's no too good for you though.

T*
15-12-2013, 01:07 PM
It works better than the chemist stuff, btw, it has to be pure tea tree

Z
15-12-2013, 01:07 PM
I've tried absolutely everything and nothing works. Only thing left would be that uber strong medication that can make you depressed but considering I'm broke as ****, painfully single and work a ****ty/stressful job it's probably not the best idea :laugh:

I went on that stuff (Roaccutane), it seriously ****s with you, in fact I've often wondered if it's why I'm sometimes prone to feeling really depressed even now, 4 years after I stopped taking it!

T*
15-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Aw, don't worry too much about them Cuda, they come and go with age.

Ty Braden! :hug:

T*
15-12-2013, 01:09 PM

I went on that stuff (Roaccutane), it seriously ****s with you, in fact I've often wondered if it's why I'm sometimes prone to feeling really depressed even now, 4 years after I stopped taking it!

Yikes! I'm never gonna take that! Thanks for letting me know, I had no clue that some spot medicines can make people depressed.

Z
15-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Yikes! I'm never gonna take that! Thanks for letting me know, I had no clue that some spot medicines can make people depressed.

Yeah they make you fill out a form asking if you've ever had suicidal thoughts, have you ever been depressed, before they prescribe you some. It starts working almost as soon as you start taking it, I remember feeling my lips dry out about ten minutes after I'd taken my first one, was on it for a year and then stopped taking it before my 18th birthday because I wanted to be able to drink alcohol on my birthday and I felt my skin had improved a lot anyway - and a month later my skin had completely cleared. It kinda makes your skin worse before it gets better, it's weird. Worth it if you want to cure acne; not worth it if you value happiness and your salivary glands :laugh:

Me. I Am Salman
15-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Ugh I bought Clearasil the other day, it cost six ****ing pounds lmao I can't notice a difference made difference yet though. There are different methods for different people as everyone's skin is different, some general tips:

-drink 7/8 cups of water a day as your skin needs to be hydrated and that's the least amount you need to have
-put lots of salt and boiling water in a bowl, face the water and put a towel over your head and do this for about 20 mins, let the steam go on your face do not move the towel at least for 10 mins. Then wash your face with cold water to close back your pores
-wash your face with warm water and then cold water every morning and every night
-when drying your face always gently pat so your face retains its moisture
-use facewash twice a day and also a face cleansing wipe/face mask
-use moisturising creams
-don't let dirt get to your face, when I started to regularly use hairspray I carelessly let it go all over my forehead and I started to get bad spots, thankfully though they went away in a few days

Marc
15-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Bad food is a myth. the Dermatologist told me that.

I went on some proper medication that had some side effects; gave me really dry skin and it was prone to making you feel down and could have potentially affected my liver but it didn't. Those were all the precautions attached to them. I still have a fair few tbh with you and I'm 25 in February so I don't really know what else you can do if you suffer like me. But for most they can clear up in the early 20s so don't worry yourself.

Lee.
15-12-2013, 01:48 PM
I still get spots and I'm 30!!

Brother Leon
15-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Toothpaste.

Marc
15-12-2013, 01:59 PM
I just spray some 'Spots Be Gone'
http://25.media.tumblr.com/60062d6d558cc97c6bc7e761f97e1d9c/tumblr_mhbb1zsRSv1rnf5opo5_250.gif

Me. I Am Salman
15-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Toothpastes are really risky, as some can actually worsen it if they have fluoride(?) I think
Plus it burns

Headie
15-12-2013, 02:19 PM
I take some medication, have been taking it for over a year, and I rarely get new spots coming now, but I have loads of aftermarks on my face, so the new medication the doctor gave me is supposed to make them fade quicker.