PDA

View Full Version : BB's Pete was molested at 14

Arneldo
17-08-2006, 06:25 PM
It has emerged that Big Brother favourite Pete Bennett was molested as a child.

Amidst a troubled year when the Tourette's sufferer spent a year being taken in and out of hospital while being prone to fits, 14-year-old Pete told his mother Anne that he had been abused.

Speaking to Heat magazine, she said: "He isn't a hateful person, but he hates the person who did that to him. I knew the minute I saw him that something bad had happened, because he was white as a sheet and having a fit. He told me that he had been touched inappropriately. I didn't go to the police because Pete was too ill to testify. I dealt with it in my own way and I made sure the person responsible never came near Pete again."

Pete's mother also spoke about her son's referral to a special school for kids with problems and how his best friend Julian was killed on a railway despite Pete trying to save his life.

"It totally devastated him," she said. "He was so low and vulnerable and, like vultures cashing in, he was offered drugs. Thankfully he had a dream that told him to stop."

But charismatic Pete appears to have his troubles behind him as he remains completely smitten by brattish Nikki on the Channel 4 show and is favourite to win the competition with odds of 1/5.

NTL (http://www.ntlworld.com/celebrity/story_tv.php?page_zone=3101.5.2&storyid=38490769)

Chrizzle
17-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Goodness gracious. :sad:

lily.
17-08-2006, 06:29 PM
You know what I find hard to swallow? It's not the gory details of his personal life hitting the tabloids.. it's the fact that his own mum speaks openly to all and sundry about some very personal stuff indeed. Does she have no discretion?

SiMoN!
17-08-2006, 06:30 PM
he has had a hard life but has had a simlie on his face, and i recpect him for that

Smeggypants
17-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Stropz
You know what I find hard to swallow? It's not the gory details of his personal life hitting the tabloids.. it's the fact that his own mum speaks openly to all and sundry about some very personal stuff indeed. Does she have no discretion?

You know telling the world about this stuff can be good therapy.

It's nothing to be ashamed of. The person that did it is the one who should be ashamed. And punished!!!

I respect her for talking about it.

Bells
17-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by simon_ha
he has had a hard life but has had a simlie on his face, and i recpect him for that

I agree! :thumbs:

Girardsky
17-08-2006, 06:37 PM
this is a lie.

an attempt at propaganda for the most sleaziest boring man on TV.

Bennett cannot win!!!

SiMoN!
17-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Girardsky
this is a lie.

an attempt at propaganda for the most sleaziest boring man on TV.

Bennett cannot win!!!

no one would make make a sik lie that up

Deep2
If true, very sad. But, still doesn't change the fact I don't want him to win.

lily.
Originally posted by Smeggypants

It's nothing to be ashamed of. The person that did it is the one who should be ashamed. And punished!!!

Au contrare. I would respect him for talking about it. I agree it's nothing to be ashamed of, but it's his decision whether he wants to speak about it or not. I don't think it's her place to discuss this kind of thing.. Unless they agreed before he went in the house of course.

I just feel that it's a private matter and it's down to Pete whether he wishes to discuss it or not.

Girardsky
17-08-2006, 06:41 PM
OH POOR PETE DOING THE SYMPATHY VOTE AGAIN BECAUSE HE CANNOT WIN ON PURE ENTERTAINMENT!

what about riches cancerous mum in canada?????????????????????????????

Smeggypants
17-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Smeggypants

Au contrare. I would respect him for talking about it. I agree it's nothing to be ashamed of, but it's his decision whether he wants to speak about it or not. I don't think it's her place to discuss this kind of thing.. Unless they agreed before he went in the house of course.

I just feel that it's a private matter and it's down to Pete whether he wishes to discuss it or not.

I would assume his own mother knows for sure whether it's something he would want kept private or not.

SiMoN!
17-08-2006, 06:42 PM
OH POOR PETE DOING THE SYMPATHY VOTE AGAIN BECAUSE HE CANNOT WIN ON PURE ENTERTAINMENT!

what about riches cancerous mum in canada?????????????????????????????????

no one would make a sik lie like that just to win BB

Bubs
17-08-2006, 06:45 PM
I doubt very much a loving mother would make up this kind of thing!!

ferg_luvs_bb7
17-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Oh well, i still dont want him to win

lily.
17-08-2006, 06:46 PM
I don't think for one minute that she made it up... I just have an issue with some of the stuff the family says to the media. I know you basically give up your privacy when you enter BB, but some things could just be handled with a bit more tact in my opinion.

darmitage48
17-08-2006, 06:47 PM

Had his mum been an hm and her mum exposed private
deatails about her,would she have like it

lily.
17-08-2006, 07:08 PM
That is my point exactly. I'm not sure how Pete will feel when he emerges from the house to discover that some very private details have been disclosed to the media by his own mother!!!

Ella
17-08-2006, 07:14 PM
OMG Petey :sad:

Thats terrible :sad:

Ollie!
17-08-2006, 07:19 PM
The timing of this information is very suspicious. Poor lad though.

DizzyLizzy
17-08-2006, 07:22 PM
I think this kind of subject should be treated delicately, If it is true we shouldnt disrespect pete by incinuating that it is just information given for his own gain

Jordan
17-08-2006, 07:36 PM

what about riches cancerous mum in canada???????????????????????????????

Your sick...His mum has finished her chemo, so hopefully better now. If his mum didn't stand a chance, I think he would of been by her side, instead of going on BB.

ferg_luvs_bb7
17-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Jordan

what about riches cancerous mum in canada???????????????????????????????

Your sick...His mum has finished her chemo, so hopefully better now. If his mum didn't stand a chance, I think he would of been by her side, instead of going on BB.
At the vets i work at, a puppy has cancer, hes going through chemo therapy. Its really sad :sad::shocked:

Edwin
17-08-2006, 07:58 PM
It's a sad thing. But, it's just another sympathy vote to add to the massive mound of sympathy that's already swarming around this man.

xGemmax
17-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Poor Petey!:sad:

anti-aisleyne
17-08-2006, 08:38 PM
We dont know if it is true or a lie, but I think it is wrong for it to be assumed as a method of getting the sympathy vote if we dont know the facts!

Messiah
17-08-2006, 08:39 PM
*plays a mini violin*

AdamArmand
17-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Messiah
*plays a mini violin*

how could you be so hateful>?:mad:

xGemmax
17-08-2006, 08:41 PM
*plays a mini violin*
Why do you have to be so horrible?:rolleyes:

Messiah
17-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Because it's my opinion, don't agree with my you don't even need to read it. I'm not saying i'm glad he got molested if he even did, but everyone has troubles and losses in life. He's got alot more than most people so i for one am not going to start feeling sorry for him.

Richie
17-08-2006, 08:55 PM
*plays a mini violin*

LMAO!

I don't feel sorry for him either. It probably isn't true anyway and it's just another VOTE PETE TO WIN! He had the worst childhood and if he doesn't win he will lose his faith of heaven! OMFG WE NEED TO VOTE THIS GUY TO WIN NOW.

Ella
17-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Richie
*plays a mini violin*

LMAO!

I don't feel sorry for him either. It probably isn't true anyway and it's just another VOTE PETE TO WIN! He had the worst childhood and if he doesn't win he will lose his faith of heaven! OMFG WE NEED TO VOTE THIS GUY TO WIN NOW.

Your evil :sad:

xGemmax
17-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Richie
*plays a mini violin*

LMAO!

How horrible can you be?:rolleyes::sad:

Richie
17-08-2006, 09:02 PM
:wavey: