PDA

View Full Version : Look out for 'The Eubanks'!

Kaz
05-01-2003, 07:45 PM
Eubank set to star in reality TV show

Chris Eubank is to be the next subject of an Osbournes-style reality TV show.

Five has spent the past month filming the star and his family at their home. If a pilot episode proves a hit with channel bosses, the show will be turned into a series in the New Year.

Eubank has allowed a film crew into his home before, when he was followed around by Louis Theroux for a revealing documentary.

The former super-middleweight champion is certainly no stranger to fly-on-the-wall cameras, having appeared on the first Celebrity Big Brother.

The show will centre on the £2 million mansion in Hove, East Sussex, which he shares with wife Karron and four children aged from six to 13.

A spokeswoman for Five said: "The scenes we have shot focus on Chris's home life and show a side of him that the public don't normally see.

"The idea is that Chris is quite a misunderstood character and this show would reveal the real man behind the image."

The show follows in the footsteps of The Osbournes, which has proved a phenomenal success and is the highest-rated programme in MTV's 21-year history.

It has turned Brummie rocker Ozzy, his wife Sharon and their children Kelly and Jack into huge stars in the US.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't quite know what to make of this!

I saw the Louis Theroux programme with Chris Eubank, and thought he was very guarded throughout, and didn't really show his true self.

Can't see it having the same shock value as The Osbournes either! :shocked::shocked::shocked:

LEE
05-01-2003, 07:49 PM
Hmm. I'm not a great Chris Eubank fan so I'm not particularly enthralled by this idea.

Don't think I'll be watching.

:flower:

Janette
05-01-2003, 07:51 PM
I think I would have to watch it to see if that is the real Chris we see on TV, all prancing and posh.

It would be great to see him lose his cool or swear or fa*t!

:thumbs:

Mairi
05-01-2003, 07:52 PM
Sorry, I can't see me watching this either.

From what I can remember of Chris Eubanks in CBB, he wasn't a very likeable character and was the first celebrity to be voted out.

:spin2:

susieq
05-01-2003, 08:47 PM
I think this may be one reality show too far but I may just watch it out of curiosity -to see if his wife really does have a halo and walks ON the pool rather than swims IN it!!!!!