PDA

View Full Version : BBCAN Season 2 to launch Wed 5th March [+ new weekly Side Show announced]

Jack_
20-01-2014, 02:24 PM

Y4jh9KmB6BA

So. ****ing. Excited :amazed: glad they're going to have a spin-off show!

Jack_
20-01-2014, 03:08 PM
Full press release:

RECORD-BREAKING BIG BROTHER CANADA RETURNS MARCH 5TH ON SLICE™

This Season Welcomes the All-New Weekly Big Brother Canada Side Show

TORONTO, January 20, 2014 – Big Brother Canada, the country’s number one specialty reality series of 2013*, returns to Slice™ on Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 9pm ET/PT with a special presentation of the premiere also airing on Global. After an epic inaugural season of Endemol’s worldwide hit franchise that captivated fans, this season brings with it a new set of houseguests, zany new twists and challenges, and more opportunities for fans online to impact the show.

New this season is the Big Brother Canada Side Show, a weekly post-eviction wrap up show led by series host Arisa Cox and featuring season one houseguests Gary Levy and Peter Brown. Each week a surprise guest will join the Side Show panel to dish on events going on inside the house. The Big Brother Canada Side Show will air immediately following each eviction episode Thursdays at 10 pm ET/PT.

“Last season, our Canadian edition of Big Brother exceeded all expectations, bringing in record audiences and engaging fans in ways we’d never done before,” said Barbara Williams, SVP of Content, Shaw Media. “With season two chalk-full of opportunities for viewers at home to influence the house and never before seen show-altering twists, our new batch of houseguests and fans are in for a wildly exciting ride.”

"If you thought season one was full of twists and turns, strap on your seatbelts, season two is going to be a rollercoaster ride,” said John Brunton, Executive Producer for Big Brother Canada. “Fans couldn’t get enough of the show, so we’re bringing them the all-new Big Brother Canada Side Show hosted by the fabulous Arisa Cox and featuring familiar faces Gary and Peter who know the show inside and out. Sparks will fly.”

A group of strangers from across the country will be plucked from their homes to move in to the Big Brother Canada house, outfitted wall-to-wall with cameras and microphones that capture their every move. Week by week, houseguests will be eliminated as they compete in a series of challenges that test both brain and brawn and better their odds at the grand prize of $100,000 and a $25,000 gift card from The Brick.

Fans online couldn’t get enough of season one, flocking to the site, streaming over one million hours of video online and driving Twitter conversation so high that #BBCAN trended regularly throughout the series run. Earning a Canadian Screen Award nomination for Best Cross-Platform Project (Non-Fiction) for season one, the series continues to host a myriad of digital extensions and platforms that augment the social dynamics and real-time momentum of the 24/7 television production. Beyond Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, fans of the series can extend their fix of Big Brother Canada at BigBrotherCanada.ca with full episodes, live streams, and a collection of twists and opportunities that allow them to impact the show.

Big Brother Canada, continues to air three nights a week on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays at 9pm ET/PT. The Big Brother Canada Side Show will air Thursdays, following each eviction episode, at 10pm ET/PT. Big Brother After Dark will air seven days a week from 2am – 5am ET/11pm – 2am PT.

Details on casting will be revealed at a later date.Tune in to Entertainment Tonight Canada tonight at 7:30pm ET/PT for an exclusive sit-down with Gary Levy about the all-new Big Brother Canada Side Show.

Shaw Media (http://www.shawmedia.ca/Media/PressReleaseDetail.aspx?pressReleaseId=6442456265)

Black Dagger
20-01-2014, 03:11 PM
I'm so ****ing watching this :love:

If I remember how to get live feed up.

Black Dagger
20-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Gary, Peter and I

omfg omfg best show ever.

Jack_
20-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Yes I hope that guy on Jokers gets that programme thing working again (was great last year :D), also hope they keep the feeds free because they were last year too

I want house pics now :( they've relocated so it should look totally different, eeeeek I'm so excited! Moreso for this than BB15 UK tbh

Headie
20-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Chevrolet PowerShifts :love:

Jack_
20-01-2014, 03:24 PM
I want loads more people on here to be watching this this year, want a proper big group of us so it's almost like a mini off-season :amazed:

Slevin
20-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Yes I hope that guy on Jokers gets that programme thing working again (was great last year :D), also hope they keep the feeds free because they were last year too

I want house pics now :( they've relocated so it should look totally different, eeeeek I'm so excited! Moreso for this than BB15 UK tbh
i think that deal on Jokers was only cause the first season was free. are the feeds gonna be free for this season? i remember BBUS had the first season free then the second season on it wasnt.

MeMyselfAndI
20-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Peter is unbearable, I won't be watchint

MeMyselfAndI
20-01-2014, 04:15 PM
I was watching, I was just banned for 6 months :tongue:

Slevin
20-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Peter was a major d-bag. even after the show he was more full of himself. i thought it was laughable how many only episode watchers thought he was some master genius.

reece(:
20-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Sounds good, hopefully Peter's grown up.

MeMyselfAndI
20-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Him & Alec are 2 of the dumbest players ever in the history of Big Brother. :laugh:

Samm
20-01-2014, 04:19 PM
omg can't wait

http://media.tumblr.com/7878470fe7f2185f6c6d139b599def83/tumblr_inline_mpskruW8gz1qz4rgp.gif

Slevin
20-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Him & Alec are 2 of the dumbest players ever in the history of Big Brother. :laugh:
lol damn right and the way they were being bitter jurors along with AJ. if Jillian is in F2 vote against her crap. i wouldnt hold that against Topaz since Gary was her friend in the house but i loved that she screwed up and voted for Jillian who was more worthy imo and i didnt even like her. it took me a week to watch that finale cause i thought it was gonna be that predictable bs and Gary was gonna win. i lmao and was so glad at the voting. thanks Topaz.

Josiah.
20-01-2014, 04:36 PM
I am so watching this season! Gary, Peter, and Arisa hosting a spinoff show will be amazing!

zakman440
20-01-2014, 04:40 PM
I'll give it a go this year - I tried last year but gave up.

DrunkerThanMoses
20-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Bet they put Gary in the house at one point to host a game or something like that

Slevin
20-01-2014, 04:47 PM
I'll give it a go this year - I tried last year but gave up.
out of all the BB's last year that i watch i thought it was a cluster**** and the weakest of the bunch. hopefully they get things straight. idc if the feeds were free. it was a bunch of bs the way they were handled.

if Peter is the same ol doucher he was during the show and after i'll just skip the after show or whatever it is. Gary started to annoy me as well as the season went on.

Jack_
20-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Bet they put Gary in the house at one point to host a game or something like that

I expect (and hope) they'll bring most of last years cast back tbh, if not to host comps then as a guest on the after show...they're what made the first season so successful after all :love:

DrunkerThanMoses
20-01-2014, 04:52 PM
The housemates were good last year, Talla, Gary and Topaz for example, but they had way too many twists that ruined the game and in some cases some peoples games. I mean Suzette getting the POV by public vote was stupid and letting the housemates watch and hear Topaz talk after wining HOH was also stupid.

Slevin
20-01-2014, 04:55 PM
i agree too many twists and overall a good cast. i didnt like how BBCA or BBUS brought back a jury member. idc who it was.

Jack_
20-01-2014, 04:57 PM
I do agree to an extent but it will be interesting to see how far they're going to take the public involvement this year (they're teasing a 'game changing, never before done twist' also), because I get the feeling they want to position this as a hybrid of BBUS and BBUK, so as not to be accused of just being a carbon copy of the former.

And I don't think that's a particularly bad thing either. Sure, I'd love this to be a pure BBUS format too but if that's not what they want then I will settle for a hybrid, because it isn't BBUS, it's BBCAN (and plus it means I'll be watching three different format Big Brother's each year, that's cool IMO). It seems to me like they want to create their own format which is understandable, and so people should either just embrace that or decide they're not going to watch.

Slevin
20-01-2014, 04:59 PM
yea i did like how they mixed a mostly BBUS format along with some takes of UK & AU. i didnt care for that Marsha the Moose crap though lol

Jack_
20-01-2014, 05:02 PM
^ see I liked the fact they'd taken the idea of secret missions from the UK, it lightened the show up a bit

I genuinely think they wanted a hybrid of different formats last year, the house was more BBUK than it was US IMO and the public involvement twists speak for themselves. So like I said, if they continue with more of the same stuff this year then I think it's clear they don't want this to be 'another BBUS' and that's fine, people will then either have to decide they don't want to watch or accept that this is a totally different hybridised format with differing rules and so adopt a different kind of mentality to one you would have for the UK or US shows.

Slevin
20-01-2014, 05:05 PM
i liked the idea of secret tasks just not the moose lol

Josiah.
20-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Seeing as BBCAN 1 was basically a hybrid of the formats (US format for gameplay, UK format for tasks, secret rooms, and more public involvement); I can see season 2 being the same way. Look at BB Brasil, they've got a hybrid format that has worked for them for 13 (now 14) seasons.

lukee
20-01-2014, 08:22 PM
so im guessing bbbm/ bbbots type show then cant wait