PDA

View Full Version : They are bringing back Vote To EVICT for civilian BB.

JPG2502
23-01-2014, 01:02 PM
And all I can say to that is FFS!!!

I have been told on good authority this is how it will work, with save for CBB, evict for normal BB.
Also if you check the terms and conditions on the website, you will notice it has terms for both 'save' and 'evict', so I can only presume what I am told is true.

Why do they keep fart arsing about with it?
And If they must fart arse about, surely it would be better to have evict on the celebrity series as it's only 3 weeks, so when we lose all the characters we won't have to stare at inanimate objects for too long, plus the housemates current fan base won't be able to mindlessly vote them (sam Essex)

I wouldn't mind so much but now they have 4/5 housemates up a week.
It will spell the death knell for the civilian series like it did on C4.

Black Dagger
23-01-2014, 01:06 PM
I'd hardly be surprised, it's clear they don't give a **** about how entertaining the civil version is as long as they ensure that their £££££££ housemates are in there until the end for CBB.

chuff me dizzy
23-01-2014, 01:07 PM
BRILLIANT I prefer vote to evict

Rob!
23-01-2014, 01:07 PM
I don't get why they're doing this. Having said that, vote to evict wasn't that disastrous during secrets and lies - plus if it had been vote to save, Dexter would have gone first :shocked:

Tregard
23-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Vote to Evict is not nearly as effective as Vote to Save, which many have been quite vocal about, but it probably was one of the reasons Dexter made it to 2nd, so I am conflicted.

Would definitely prefer VTS, though.

Benjamin
23-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Tbh it worked well last series, for a change, we even managed to get Sophie out before the final.

erinp5
23-01-2014, 01:10 PM
The T&C's have had the save/Evict clause in them for a few years now.

Black Dagger
23-01-2014, 01:10 PM
I don't get why they're doing this. Having said that, vote to evict wasn't that disastrous during secrets and lies - plus if it had been vote to save, Dexter would have gone first :shocked:

This is true, I wouldn't trust it in the long term though.

Ginxter only kept surviving because who they were against always made a twat out of themselves that week. Jemima with dead baby gate, Jackie with her obsession for Callum etc.

Gstar
23-01-2014, 01:14 PM
well BB6 was the best series ever and it had vote to evict, BB better do some nom fixing and manipulation to make our future black diva get to the final

Sophiee
23-01-2014, 01:15 PM
I hate vote to evict so much :( there's just no logic in it at all because the bigger characters will (almost) always go first. I'd never spend money on evicting someone either unless it was head-to-head to save my favourite.

Niamh.
23-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Ugh they finally got it exactly right by having Vote to save with 3 or more up eachtime, works so much better

JPG2502
23-01-2014, 01:29 PM
I hate vote to evict so much :( there's just no logic in it at all because the bigger characters will (almost) always go first. I'd never spend money on evicting someone either unless it was head-to-head to save my favourite.

I also don't see the logic in people moaning about vote to save, surely the housemate with the least support should go?
I believe more people will watch a show with housemates that they dislike more than people will watch a boring show!

Yes for the last series it didn't make much difference, that was until the final couple of weeks, where we ended up with yet another dire finale.

And Dexter would never have been up against Sallie and Gina in the first week had they not of let the PUBLIC decide the first set of nominees , another clanger from the production team !

Jord
23-01-2014, 01:44 PM
FFS

Withano
23-01-2014, 01:47 PM
I always wanted VTS but the last series when they changed it back to VTE did make Friday nights much more fun to watch. I don't really mind, I've never voted anyway

zakman440
23-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Ew.

joeysteele
23-01-2014, 02:09 PM

I hate it too, this sickens me when they muck about like this, for goodness sake have one or the other for both series.

Beastie
23-01-2014, 02:12 PM
We will end up with a boring Big Brother final like BB11.

Rob!
23-01-2014, 02:26 PM
This is true, I wouldn't trust it in the long term though.

Ginxter only kept surviving because who they were against always made a twat out of themselves that week. Jemima with dead baby gate, Jackie with her obsession for Callum etc.

Gina wouldn't have gone whenever she was up in vote to save, and after the first couple neither would Dexter - the only result I can think of that would have changed is dexter in the first eviction, and Dan would have been saved in the safe house eviction.

Sophiee
23-01-2014, 03:15 PM
I also don't see the logic in people moaning about vote to save, surely the housemate with the least support should go?
I believe more people will watch a show with housemates that they dislike more than people will watch a boring show!

Yes for the last series it didn't make much difference, that was until the final couple of weeks, where we ended up with yet another dire finale.

And Dexter would never have been up against Sallie and Gina in the first week had they not of let the PUBLIC decide the first set of nominees , another clanger from the production team !
exactly. the public should have never decided the first nominees because once again the bigger characters will get chosen. and in a vote to save sallie wouldn't have gone either :mad: she was easily the most entertaining just within the first week, she'd have been brilliant to watch progress throughout the weeks.

King Gizzard
23-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Good stuff, feel more motivated to vote (not that I do vote) someone I hate more than vote for someone I like. I bet they make alot more money from vote to evict, so it makes sense for them.

DigitalSid
23-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Source?

Vanessa
23-01-2014, 03:19 PM
I like vote to evict. It seems to work better on civilian BB.

Ramsay
23-01-2014, 03:24 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/degrassi/images/e/e5/JimHalpertNotReally.gif

MrMinaj
23-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Good stuff, feel more motivated to vote (not that I do vote) someone I hate more than vote for someone I like. I bet they make alot more money from vote to evict, so it makes sense for them.

i find the 'more money' thing dubious.
VTE encourages more of a 'witch hunt' type scenario against one or two housemates, so all the votes just end up going to them, where as vote to save would encourage people to split votes for the housemates they 'support' .
so basically i dont think money wise either is any more lucrative than the other.

but common sense wise, it should ALWAYS be vote to save, yeah some people dont like it, but so what?
you cant get fairer than 'housemate with the least votes gets evicted', im not sure any other Big Brother series on the planet still uses vote to evict do they?

its just a very dated system, and im almost certain, with hindsight, that endemol/channel 4 would never have used it if they could go back and start again.

it pretty much ruined every series bb7 onwards. (lets not even get started on the Nicki Grahame debacle!) :hugesmile::shocked:

Samm
23-01-2014, 03:41 PM
C5 change there minds all the time, is there any Source

Roy Mars III
23-01-2014, 03:42 PM
great news, now we can get rid of all the loud and annoying housemates

*mazedsalv**
23-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Wouldn't be surprised considering BB14 evictions were a success ratings wise when compared to BB12 and BB13 evictions.

Bit I personally hate it. We were lucky we kept Gina and Dexter in the final 3!

Jamesy
23-01-2014, 05:06 PM
BB14 evictions were down to luck more than anything else. Dexter and Gina being thrown into the safe house saved the series really. I think if that 'twist' never happened both of them would have been evicted very early on.

It helped that overall the cast was pretty good (minus Sam and Sophie - who are lovely people, but brought no entertainment value).

Lets not forget Sallie got evicted first too (sure she was an arrogant cow, but there was potential in the following weeks for some great moments).

But yeah, BB14 was very much down to luck half the time with some clever thinking by the task team and producers. Vote to evict could work for BB15 - although I have a worry that it might not work as beautifully as it did last year. Saying that, VTE was fine for C4...

reece(:
23-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Vote to evict SUCKS.

Braden
23-01-2014, 05:56 PM
As long as they put in the right sort of housemates it shouldn't matter otherwise.

VTE is much more exciting and amusing for me.

Robodog
23-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Ugh they finally got it exactly right by having Vote to save with 3 or more up eachtime, works so much better

Totally agree.

Bang goes the big characters then.

Josiah.
23-01-2014, 06:01 PM
I'd love if they did both VTS and VTE the way that BBAU did it.

MrMinaj
30-01-2014, 09:14 AM
I'd love if they did both VTS and VTE the way that BBAU did it.

BBaus ditched that though didn't they and now just use save.

I really don't understand what the problem is with voting to save, what's wrong with the housemate with more fans staying :conf:

Vote to evict has so many flaws we could be here forever discussing it.

I really hope they don't bring it back. Just leave it in the past and move on ffs !

Z
30-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Nooooo I hope this isn't true, Vote To Save with minimum 3 housemates up for eviction is the way forward!

MrMinaj
30-01-2014, 01:04 PM
The T&C's have had the save/Evict clause in them for a few years now.

Has it? Anyone else able to confirm this ? :wavey::spin:

uniquedude
31-01-2014, 08:27 PM
And all I can say to that is FFS!!!

I have been told on good authority this is how it will work, with save for CBB, evict for normal BB.
Also if you check the terms and conditions on the website, you will notice it has terms for both 'save' and 'evict', so I can only presume what I am told is true.

Why do they keep fart arsing about with it?
And If they must fart arse about, surely it would be better to have evict on the celebrity series as it's only 3 weeks, so when we lose all the characters we won't have to stare at inanimate objects for too long, plus the housemates current fan base won't be able to mindlessly vote them (sam Essex)

I wouldn't mind so much but now they have 4/5 housemates up a week.
It will spell the death knell for the civilian series like it did on C4.

I say forget VTS or VTE, production team rig it and keep the best ones in

jackc1806
31-01-2014, 08:29 PM
We'll see in the summer

uniquedude
31-01-2014, 08:33 PM
BB14 evictions were down to luck more than anything else. Dexter and Gina being thrown into the safe house saved the series really. I think if that 'twist' never happened both of them would have been evicted very early on.

It helped that overall the cast was pretty good (minus Sam and Sophie - who are lovely people, but brought no entertainment value).

Lets not forget Sallie got evicted first too (sure she was an arrogant cow, but there was potential in the following weeks for some great moments).

But yeah, BB14 was very much down to luck half the time with some clever thinking by the task team and producers. Vote to evict could work for BB15 - although I have a worry that it might not work as beautifully as it did last year. Saying that, VTE was fine for C4...

It was luck for sure, I disagree with the Sallie thing she was restricting better housemates coming out of their shells and after a while I couldnt stand to watch her bullying people and ganging up on dexter. It went quicky from entertaining bitchiness to not nice to watch bullying.

Benjamin
31-01-2014, 08:36 PM
VTE is fine as long as the voters are not retarded about it and evict the bores instead of the entertainment. Some years they get it right (BB1, BB3, BB5, BB6, BB14) and some years they get it really wrong. BB4 had the potential to be a great series but the public evicted the lively/entertaining ones (Sissy, Anoushka, Federico) over the bores and so we were left with a snooze fest.

joeysteele
31-01-2014, 08:37 PM
I hate vote to evict, no matter how many are up it can be arranged for one housemate not liked by some but liked by a greater number to be got rid of by just having all the voting directed at them.

Vote to save ensures those who are liked stay in however it needs ,in my view, at least 4 up to work out right.
If you only have 2 or 3 housemates up for eviction then it is just like vote to evict anyway.

It will spoil the series from the start, for me anyway, if it is vote to evict.

Benjamin
31-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Also VTE/VTS makes no difference. Sometimes the bores will be saved no matter what. Look at sam from this CBB, Sam from BB14 etc. Both survived until the final and each had the potential to be evicted; one in a VTS and one in VTE and yet they both survived.

Sophiee
31-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Also VTE/VTS makes no difference. Sometimes the bores will be saved no matter what. Look at sam from this CBB, Sam from BB14 etc. Both survived until the final and each had the potential to be evicted; one in a VTS and one in VTE and yet they both survived.
I think it only makes a difference in the celebrity series. sam wouldn't have had a fanbase without being on towie and I very much doubt would've been saved in the normal show.

reece(:
31-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Sam Evans doesn't count because he's a fhittie.

cheeky_monkey
31-01-2014, 09:55 PM
I like vote to save :)

Headie
31-01-2014, 10:37 PM
I wanna see this 'source'.

Channel 5 know well and truly how much VTS is better for them, both in the views of the public and the profits made from it.

RichardG
31-01-2014, 10:55 PM
We can find small problems with both voting systems. For example, if BB14 had a vote to save then Sallie most likely would have survived the first eviction and Dexter would have probably left. Equally, in this past CBB, Sam continuously survived with a vote to save despite being one of the most useless housemates we've ever had.

However, I'd say vote to save is far more reliable and 9 times out of 10 an entertaining housemate is more likely to be evicted in a VTE than they are in a VTS. To convert back to that voting system would frankly be ridiculous but I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Slevin
01-02-2014, 02:38 AM
yea there is problems in both but i prefer VTS. especially for the first week of last years series. then again that was the public decision and that was some horrid rancid **** they came up for the noms.

Videostar
01-02-2014, 05:02 AM
It's simple, vote to save gives us better winners, vote to evict gives us the Sam's and Rachel's of this world.

Vote to evict ensures that all the interesting HM's that dare to do something or say anything in the house will be kicked out in the first few weeks...it's very rare that a Gina or a Dexter makes through to the final with this flawed voting system.

I don't want the haters to vote out my favourite HM, I want it to be fair and that only the supporters of the HM can vote for them.

Jords
01-02-2014, 05:11 AM
VTS is more unpredictable, meaning the Friday show is more fun. Theyre idiots.

Jords
01-02-2014, 05:15 AM
Id be interested in the stats behind the voting.

Im guessing VTS pulls more votes in the celeb edition because people want to keep their celebrity 'idols' in whereas in the civilian edition perhaps VTE pulls more votes because people bay for blood and arnt as influenced to keep a HM in whom they did not know beforehand.

For money it probably makes sense, for the quality of the show, not so much.

Macie Lightfoot
01-02-2014, 05:47 AM
VTS is literally only good when there's a scrappy underdog to get saved every week. Otherwise is kinda sucks!

Scream
01-02-2014, 11:48 AM
I just don't understand it...people will be more reserved if it's VTE :l

MrMinaj
07-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Id be interested in the stats behind the voting.

Im guessing VTS pulls more votes in the celeb edition because people want to keep their celebrity 'idols' in whereas in the civilian edition perhaps VTE pulls more votes because people bay for blood and arnt as influenced to keep a HM in whom they did not know beforehand.

For money it probably makes sense, for the quality of the show, not so much.

Ben Frow last year said it changed back to evict because he thought its 'what people wanted', along with the other changes to the show.
BUT when it changed back to Evict, there were loads of people moaning about it. :joker: Kind of weak of him if you are ask me, 'VTS' is the unique thing about Channel 5s BB. Bringing back 'VTE' just made it seem like a poor mans channel 4 BB.
Im hoping he has learnt a lesson that you can NEVER please all the BB fans all of the time, and just go with the common sense system. :elephant:

Gusto Brunt
07-02-2014, 03:11 PM
I always wanted VTS but the last series when they changed it back to VTE did make Friday nights much more fun to watch. I don't really mind, I've never voted anyway

If I'm honest, I'd say the voting public are rather stupid (not the members on here. :) ).

I bet they get mixed up when they're voting. They don't know if they're saving or evicting.:joker::joker:

Hence you get absurd evictions when the idiots stay.:shocked::shocked:

BRILLIANT I prefer vote to evict

Me too.

Headie
07-02-2014, 08:26 PM
VOTE TO SAVE NEEDS TO STAY.

Vote To Evict SUCKS!

armand.kay
07-02-2014, 08:30 PM
well BB6 was the best series ever and it had vote to evict, BB better do some nom fixing and manipulation to make our future black diva get to the final
This they need to do what they did with Charlie.

MrMinaj
18-03-2014, 09:05 AM
This they need to do what they did with Charlie.

Loving the display PIC ! :elephant: :spin:

On this subject, my friend spoke to Emma Willis near this morning studios a couple of weeks ago, and Emma said she 'thinks its staying as it is', that means 'save' right :conf:

Samm
18-03-2014, 09:25 AM
I think they used BB14 as a test to see if Vote to evict works I don't think it will come back as they have used VTS for 2 series now (CBB12 & 13)

BBDodge
19-03-2014, 10:06 AM
They must have loads of annoying housemates lined up that voters will be hitting redial to get rid of.

MrMinaj
20-05-2014, 09:53 PM
im guessing we will know for sure when the website is updated, as it still appears to be a celebrity big brother page, even though it finished ages ago.
you would think the site would be up and running now at least to create a buzz for the new series !

Headie
20-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Stop responding to this thread, there's no source or evidence to suggest they're changing from VTS AGAIN.

Lostie!
20-05-2014, 10:21 PM
I'm confused. People always complain about VTE, but did you very people not watch (and enjoy) BB on C4? It's a little strange that people claim VTE will ruin the series, yet pine for the C4 days.

I mean, if you've only watched since the C5 days, or if you, for some reason, watched on C4 but hated it all, fine. I just don't get the ones who prefer the C4 BB, but then act like VTE is a series' death sentence. Is that not quite the contradiction?

reece(:
20-05-2014, 10:51 PM
VTE needs to diaf.

Daniel.
20-05-2014, 10:57 PM
I'm confused. People always complain about VTE, but did you very people not watch (and enjoy) BB on C4? It's a little strange that people claim VTE will ruin the series, yet pine for the C4 days.

I mean, if you've only watched since the C5 days, or if you, for some reason, watched on C4 but hated it all, fine. I just don't get the ones who prefer the C4 BB, but then act like VTE is a series' death sentence. Is that not quite the contradiction?

But vte was bad on 4 too - for example Nikki going in a all up (bar Jayne)

There were only 2 series that had a perfect eviction order - 5 and 6 and that's because in 5 the interesting ones were mainly popular with the public and in 6 because the interesting ones had control of the house.

Gstar
21-05-2014, 08:54 PM

because channel 5 are sh*t at picking housemates and we only get about 5 entertaining/controversial ones, that's why people prefer VTS now. Me personally, idc

Jemal
21-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Tbh with you vote to evict in bb14 did kind of work..
I mean all the entertaining housemates apart from sallie. But mainly dexter and gina stayed till the end.

I literally don't think its a big deal.
VTS or VTE who the **** cares.
I certainly Don't.

Gstar
21-05-2014, 08:59 PM
preach it bro

Black Dagger
21-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Shannon Twins is my major argument for VTS.

Losing that awful kuhnt Natalie and Kirk in one go, when Nicola and Twins would have gone in VTE.

chuff me dizzy
21-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Brilliant !!

reece(:
21-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Shannon Twins is my major argument for VTS.

Losing that awful kuhnt Natalie and Kirk in one go, when Nicola and Twins would have gone in VTE.
<3

King Gizzard
21-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Nothing better than proper cockends who think they're loved on the outside getting a terrible reception from the crowd, the look on their faces

reece(:
21-05-2014, 09:17 PM
Nothing better than proper cockends who think they're loved on the outside getting a terrible reception from the crowd, the look on their faces
Wolfy shade?

Lostie!
21-05-2014, 09:18 PM
So, I know I was kinda defending VTE, but I will admit that it's bloody annoying that C5 can't make up their minds. I don't care much either way, just pick one!

BB14: VTE
CBB13: VTS
BB15: VTE

reece(:
21-05-2014, 09:19 PM
So, I know I was kinda defending VTE, but I will admit that it's bloody annoying that C5 can't make up their minds. I don't care much either way, just pick one!

It is not confirmed.

Samm
21-05-2014, 09:19 PM
If you look at a thread I made last week C5 said in a letter that it would be VTS

Macie Lightfoot
21-05-2014, 09:21 PM
VTS is literally only good when there's a scrappy underdog to get saved every week. Otherwise is kinda sucks!

yup still stand by this.

Samm
21-05-2014, 09:24 PM
yup still stand by this.

Deana could of gone so early if it wasn't for VTS tbh

Headie
21-05-2014, 09:24 PM

There's no proof at all, thread should be locked IMO. Hate when people post things without sources.

Macie Lightfoot
21-05-2014, 09:28 PM
Deana could of gone so early if it wasn't for VTS tbh

Hence why I said it only works if there's a scrappy underdog...

chuff me dizzy
22-05-2014, 01:49 PM
If I'm honest, I'd say the voting public are rather stupid (not the members on here. :) ).

I bet they get mixed up when they're voting. They don't know if they're saving or evicting.:joker::joker:

Hence you get absurd evictions when the idiots stay.:shocked::shocked:

Me too.

Vote to evict is cheaper for people who actually vote ,as you only need to vote for one person ,and more chance of the horrible ones going first

Vanessa
22-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Vote to evict is cheaper for people who actually vote ,as you only need to vote for one person ,and more chance of the horrible ones going first

That's true. :hugesmile:

Josy
22-05-2014, 02:04 PM

Yep

MrMinaj
22-05-2014, 04:06 PM

that depends on your mindset. what if you are wanting 1 person out of 4 nominees to stay, and couldnt care less about the other 3?

personally i dont think it would be much of an issue if the process stayed as 2 housemates up for eviction each week, but they seem to have changed that now.

and i have just noticed this thread: http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250228 so perhaps it is VTS after all and this whole current thread we are posting in is just redundant and pointless :joker: :wavey: :hugesmile:

chuff me dizzy
22-05-2014, 08:36 PM
that depends on your mindset. what if you are wanting 1 person out of 4 nominees to stay, and couldnt care less about the other 3?

personally i dont think it would be much of an issue if the process stayed as 2 housemates up for eviction each week, but they seem to have changed that now.

and i have just noticed this thread: http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250228 so perhaps it is VTS after all and this whole current thread we are posting in is just redundant and pointless :joker: :wavey: :hugesmile:

Every chance :blush: