PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Fame Academy for Comic Relief!

Kaz
08-01-2003, 12:22 PM
(Story from Ananova)

BBC chiefs are planning a celebrity version of Fame Academy for Comic Relief.

Names which have been floated for the show include Amanda Holden and soon-to-depart Coronation Street star Tracy Shaw.

The BBC would not say who was lined up to take part in the show, to be screened on March 14.

A spokeswoman said: "We are in the early stages of planning a star-studded version of Fame Academy. All the celebrities are pure speculation at this stage."

The talent contest was expected to be a huge ratings winner when it began last autumn.

But poor audiences when the show was initially broadcast led to it being dubbed Lame Academy.
Excellent! :colour:

Who would you like to see in this? :laugh:

WILDCHILD
08-01-2003, 04:41 PM
Would it go on for 10 weeks or + like the last series, if not I dont see how it would work.
I guess it would be pretty good to see - Im up for any Reality tv!!:dance::colour::dance:

Amy
08-01-2003, 05:27 PM
This is great news! Fame Academy was excellent and a celeb version would be great, as long as there is a good celeb line up :thumbs:

Boris
08-01-2003, 05:47 PM
Can't quite see how this would work :conf:

Feebs
08-01-2003, 05:58 PM
Hmmm...I suppose it could be celebrities not known for their singing, over maybe a couple of weeks, learning to make the best of their singing talent?:spin2:

I know I've been impressed soemtimes by people on Night Fever (is that still on?)who've turned out to have great voices:spin2:

I guess we'll have to wait and see:laugh::laugh:

BigSister
08-01-2003, 06:26 PM
This would be great
Im also up for any Reality Tv:hugesmile:

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

Mairi
08-01-2003, 08:24 PM
I absolutely love the idea. It could be held over a fortnight, perhaps, allowing one week for "intensive training" and then we could vote one celebrity out each night.

:hello::dazzler::hello::dazzler::hello:

LEE
08-01-2003, 08:29 PM
I'm sure we can all think of some 'so-called' artists and celebrities that definitely need some coaching. :laugh:

:flower:

James
09-01-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by LEE
I'm sure we can all think of some 'so-called' artists and celebrities that definitely need some coaching.

When Mariah Carey was in the Fame Academy they didn't give her any voice coaching. Missed opportunity is all I can say. :shocked: :hugesmile:

I'm not sure about Celeb Fame Academy, really. I mean it could turn out to be a bit cringeworthy if a celeb get's up on stage and sings completely off-key. :shocked:

Although, to be fair, they usually do alright on Celeb Stars in their Eyes.

But the only I could envision it working would be to get people like Claire Sweeney in Celebrity BB, who was looking for a break in the music industry.

By the way Claire Sweeney is on Esther Rantzen's show on Sunday at 2:30 pm on ITV talking about how Big Brother opened doors for her. (sorry off on a tangent there.)

:hugesmile:

Romantic Old Bird
09-01-2003, 09:14 AM
Now I know this may be ungracious of me, but I am utterly sick of Clare Sweeney.

Never has someone gained so much for doing so little as this woman. 6 Days in the BB house with a reasonably affable group of celebs!

They treat her as if she went single handedly to the North Pole, or led a horde of children to safety from war torn China like Gladys bloody Aylward.

:mad:

When I think what other people went through for little or no reward.

:mad:

OK, I feel better now
:thumbs::spin2::thumbs:

rachb
09-01-2003, 09:21 AM
I'm not a great fan of Claire sweeney either,I don't understand why she is still on everything.people seem to invite her to talk about big brother all the time when others more experienced bb housemates are forgotten about its so frustrating!I can think of a couple of exhousemates who I would prefer to watch on these shows:bawling::bawling:

WILDCHILD
09-01-2003, 07:35 PM
I think Claire Sweeney is really sweet and genuine. She might not have done loads for her work as a new singer but she has had her dream come true, like so many people would want to be in her shoes. I like her and see no harm in her living out what she loves to do.:spin2:

LEE
09-01-2003, 07:37 PM
I like Clare as well, Wilidchild. :thumbs:

Boris
10-01-2003, 07:16 PM
Now I know this may be ungracious of me, but I am utterly sick of Clare Sweeney.

Alright alright.......just Who is Clare sweeney?:conf:

Kaz
10-01-2003, 07:44 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1350000/images/_1353903_east3002.jpg

That's Claire Sweeney, Boris!

She used to be in Brookside (playing Lindsay Corkhill) and then appeared in Celebrity Big Brother 1. She was the runner-up, following which her TV career took off and she's also starred in several musicals.

Any the wiser now? :laugh:

LEE
27-01-2003, 04:46 PM
According to THIS ARTICLE (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003040900,00.html) from The Sun (which of course MUST be true :laugh: ) Ulrika Johnson is on the list for Celebrity Fame Academy.

Boris
27-01-2003, 07:51 PM
That's Claire Sweeney, Boris!

Thanks Kaz....now I know .
Sorry I took SOOOOOOOOO long to say so :blush:

Kaz
27-01-2003, 08:07 PM
No problems, Boris . . . . . glad to be of assistance! :thumbs:

I see the 'usual suspects' are on the list of people the good old Sun has come up with for Celebrity Fame Academy - primarily Dawn French and Graham Norton. :laugh:

I suppose they COULD be doing it - but then again we were told they were doing Celebrity Big Brother . . . . . and look how true that was! :shocked: :laugh:

Amy
28-01-2003, 07:28 AM
Yes, they always seem to say it will be Dawn French or Graham Norton, it would be great if it was though :thumbs:

Kaz
07-02-2003, 09:25 AM
Just noticed that the official Fame Academy website has been updated with some information on the Celebrity Fame Academy event planned for this year's Comic Relief.

CLICK HERE (http://www.bbc.co.uk/fameacademy/) to read all about it!

So it starts on 7th March (only a month away!) and the final's on 14th March. :colour: :dazzler: :colour:

Nine celebrities! Come on, folks - put forward some suggestions and we'll see if anyone guesses correctly! :laugh:

Kaz
07-02-2003, 11:27 AM
. . . . . . . and a few more details given in this article from Ananova:

Celebrity Fame Academy launched for Comic Relief

A class of celebrity students are set to enter the Fame Academy to raise money for this year's Comic Relief.

The show, hosted by Cat Deeley and Patrick Kielty, will follow the students as they're put through their paces by the Academy's toughest teachers.

Comic Relief Does Fame Academy will be shown daily in the lead up to Red Nose Day on March 14.

The celebrity students - to be announced nearer the time - will be under the instruction of head teacher Richard Park.

In the first show, all the students will perform one of their favourite tracks before the public decide who should win a place at the Academy. The celebrity with the least amount of votes will not enter the Academy.

From then on, the three probationers singing for their survival will be announced at the end of each live show.

The public then have 24 hours to save their favourite student with the remaining two at the mercy of their fellow showbiz classmates.

The celebrity students will also have lessons with some of the biggest stars, who will visit the Academy to hold master classes.

Sounds excellent!

:colour: :thumbs: :colour:

LEE
07-02-2003, 11:33 AM
Sounds good Kaz, i'm looking forward to it :hugesmile:

BigSister
07-02-2003, 02:05 PM
I cant wait for Celeb Fa

looks good :xyxwave:

peachy
07-02-2003, 04:29 PM
It does sound good, doesn't it? However for me it can't compensate for the news that the Beeb are NOT recommissioning Fame Academy. So we better make the best of Celebrity FA as it is over for good afterwards. Media Guardian reported this the other day. :bawling:

Amy
07-02-2003, 07:26 PM
I can't wait for Celeb FA :thumbs: I'm gutted they will not be doing FA2 :bawling:

Kaz
23-02-2003, 12:17 PM
Found this little snippet on the People Online website today:

SINGOLA IN FAME GAME

SOCCER hunk David Ginola is to sing in a special edition of Celebrity Fame Academy.

Frenchman Ginola, who once portrayed Sacha Distel on Stars In Their Eyes, will join Ulrika Jonsson and Ruby Wax in next month's BBC telly event for Comic Relief.

If this is true, then I'll definitely be glued to the screen!! :blush: :laugh:

Kaz
02-03-2003, 10:08 AM
According to the News of the World, the 9 celebrity Fame Academy pupils have now been revealed - CLICK HERE (http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/showbiz5.html) to find out more about them.

If they're right (I think it's next Tuesday the official Fame Academy site is revealing the names!) then I'm really looking forward to this.

Ruby Wax AND Jo Brand - could be very 'interesting'! :shocked:

LEE
02-03-2003, 10:13 AM
Well Fern Cotton is definitely in it, cos I was watching Smile this morning (Darius was on it :hugesmile: ) and she said she was going to be on.

Janette
02-03-2003, 10:42 AM
Never heard of her, never heard of Smile!

:conf:

Kaz
02-03-2003, 11:11 AM
Never heard of her, never heard of Smile!
Fearne Cotton also presents the Saturday Show on BBC1, Janette.

I think 'Smile' is a *ahem* children's programme on Sundays on BBC2, starting at 8 a.m. :shocked:

Blimey, LEE - you must treat yourself to a new video and have a long lie!!! :laugh:

LEE
02-03-2003, 12:22 PM
TV in bedroom, Kaz.

What could be better than a Sunday lie in with Darius. :laugh:

LEE
02-03-2003, 12:40 PM
I like your new avatar btw. I loved the one before though with the Dalmations on. :hugesmile:

LEE
02-03-2003, 12:52 PM
Here's another article about it.

CLICK HERE (http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/tv_film/newsid_2812000/2812527.stm)

Di2001
02-03-2003, 01:54 PM
I think this is going to be a really good programme.

It says in our TV guide :

"Never mind red noses for Comic Relief, there are going to be red faces too when nine celebs attempt to sing their way into the house for a Fame Academy special....but with beds for only eight celebrity students, one star won't even get to unpack. After a live audition, which will be voted on by the public, one entrant will be sent home."

This sounds like good TV to me!!

:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

Amy
02-03-2003, 04:57 PM
I am really looking forward to another dose of reality tv :thumbs: Roll on Friday :hello:

James
02-03-2003, 05:04 PM
I'm looking forward to this one aswell.

Maybe if the ratings are good the BBC will reconsider their decision to axe Fame Academy proper.

:hugesmile: