PDA

View Full Version : Being short-changed

Redway
23-02-2014, 02:22 PM
Even if it's only by a few pennies, would you leave it or go back and get every single penny... or is that dependent on the amount/who's behind the cashier/etc?

Jake.
23-02-2014, 02:24 PM
If it's a small amount I probably wouldn't notice, I wouodnmt make the effort of going back anyway

Kate!
23-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Pennies, wouldn't bother.

Anything from 10p to a quid, if the shop was quiet I'd ask, if not I'd leave it. Over a quid I'd ask for it.

thesheriff443
23-02-2014, 02:29 PM
a young guy in my local shop was short by 3 pound odd, buying booze, i made up the difference, and said have a drink on me, i lost fifty pound a few days ago, most of the time i dont check my change, but in the same shop the other day, the lady gave me five pounds back from the previous day when two fivers were stuck together.

lostalex
23-02-2014, 02:47 PM
I never count my change. I've got too much to even carry to the coinstar, it's too heavy. I feel like scrooge mcduck i've got so much change. i could swim in it.

If we had dollar coins then maybe i'd pay more notice to it, but the highest coin we have in the US is 25c.

Josy
23-02-2014, 02:52 PM
If it's under a quid I probably wouldn't bother tbh.

I really cant stand sly shopkeepers though..I was in a shop a few months back and I handed over a twenty quid note so my change was something like 13 quid (can't remember what I was buying) anyway I lifted the change first leaving the £10 note on the counter just until I put the rest in a different part of my purse and when I lifted my head back up from my purse the shopkeeper was quietly trying to pull the £10 note away without me noticing :bored:

Livia
23-02-2014, 04:26 PM
I make a fuss. If something I'm buying is £4 and I gave them £3.90, they'd have something to say about it. Likewise.

Shaun
23-02-2014, 04:33 PM
The absolute worst is when a cashier claims you gave them a different (lower-value) note to the one you actually gave :bored:

Lewis.
23-02-2014, 04:34 PM
I was constantly short changing people at work, my mind just goes blank sometimes. Most of them would say something even if it was just a penny. If it was over 20p I'd probably say something but I don't actually check my change that much. I've probably been hustled out of quite a lot in clubs etc where it's too loud to hear the bar person so I just hand over a bunch of change and walk away. Suppose that's my own fault though :hugesmile:

Munchkins
23-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Nah i never go back, i should but i just dont
my mum does for even like 1p out of principle and it embarasses me haha

Josy
23-02-2014, 05:53 PM
The absolute worst is when a cashier claims you gave them a different (lower-value) note to the one you actually gave :bored:

This is the worst thing ever actually, because even though you know exactly what you gave them you stand there feeling all embarrassed as if they are thinking 'hmmm you are telling me lies' :suspect:

InOne
23-02-2014, 06:02 PM
I'm quite terrible at checking change.

Sophiee
23-02-2014, 06:54 PM
I don't really ever bother checking change for most of the time so I doubt I'd even notice, but I'd probably only mention it if it was like £1+.

LeatherTrumpet
23-02-2014, 07:22 PM
I have been known to go back for 3p and then bin it when i leave the shop.

In fact I bin all brown money

But its my money to bin

michael21
23-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Even if it's only by a few pennies, would you leave it or go back and get every single penny... or is that dependent on the amount/who's behind the cashier/etc?

it your reusability to check you have the right changes if you go back there more likely to say give them your detail and when there cash up there will contact you in other words you lose out

smudgie
23-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Hardly ever deal in cash.

Years ago I had a stand up argument with the man in the post office. He overpaid me by £100, miserable devil he was as well. I should have just walked out with it.

Saph
23-02-2014, 08:29 PM
I've accidentally short changed people before and they try and start on me as if i'm gonna pocket their 10p and go and spend it on booze and fags

Ammi
24-02-2014, 05:24 AM
I'm quite terrible at checking change.

..this really, I should pay more attention but unless it's quite obvious that it's wrong, I don't think I would notice...

Kizzy
24-02-2014, 05:36 AM
I used to never check but now I do, it's so frustrating to get home and realise you've been short changed

Conzors
24-02-2014, 05:42 AM
i dont count my change really - just a quick glance to make sure it looks right - if its not, like even a penny out then id be like you didnt give me the right change.

I dont know why id be so picky, maybe cos i work in a shop and i know its not hard to give the correct change that shows up on the till?

i dunno
x

Redway
25-02-2014, 03:56 PM
it your reusability to check you have the right changes if you go back there more likely to say give them your detail and when there cash up there will contact you in other words you lose out

:conf2:

Jesus.
25-02-2014, 04:12 PM
I always double check if it's a middle eastern newsagent. Those ******ers will rob you blind as soon as look at you.

smeagol
25-02-2014, 05:40 PM
a young guy in my local shop was short by 3 pound odd, buying booze, i made up the difference, and said have a drink on me, i lost fifty pound a few days ago, most of the time i dont check my change, but in the same shop the other day, the lady gave me five pounds back from the previous day when two fivers were stuck together.

eww use a sock like everybody else lol. only the rich use fivers :joker:

i got short changed by a dwarf once

Livia
25-02-2014, 06:15 PM
I always double check if it's a middle eastern newsagent. Those ******ers will rob you blind as soon as look at you.

What do you call an honest Middle Eastern newsagent?

Asif.

(It's not racist because Omid Djalili said it and I'm just quoting him.)

Firewire
25-02-2014, 06:17 PM
don't normally count my change unless so i wouldn't notice if it was x amount of coins

if it was notes, i would notice