PDA

View Full Version : "This twist has never been done on Big Brother ANYWHERE"

Headie
06-03-2014, 03:36 PM
Even though Big Brother South Africa did it like 3 weeks ago and apparently Pinoy Big Brother did it too :idc:

Not gonna lie the '15th HG' reveal was quite disappointing tbh.

Samm
06-03-2014, 03:37 PM
BB13 done it to (well not the same but about the same) when we had to deiced who the final housemate would be

Headie
06-03-2014, 03:38 PM
BB13 done it to (well not the same but about the same) when we had to deiced who the final housemate would be

Yeah, they did it in BB2 UK as well, except with the UK versions we had to vote BEFORE seeing them live in the house.

Big Brother South Africa DEFINITELY did this exact same twist about 3 weeks ago.

Josiah.
06-03-2014, 04:09 PM
Arisa meant that it hasn't been done on Big Brother in North America ever.

Headie
06-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Arisa meant that it hasn't been done on Big Brother in North America ever.

No she didn't she clearly stated it hadn't been done in Big Brother 'ANYWHERE' .

Spoon
06-03-2014, 06:15 PM
I feel like BB hosts probably regularly use that lie.

zakman440
06-03-2014, 06:52 PM
This really made me cringe, and the opening VT too. It felt like they were copying BBUK and BBAU at the same time.

jyunga
06-03-2014, 07:39 PM
No she didn't she clearly stated it hadn't been done in Big Brother 'ANYWHERE' .

I wouldn't blame her. Some BB director that probably doesn't even watch BB outside of the US version probably put that line in there. I know on either facebook or twitter there was a comment that the twist would be the first of it's kinda for Canada/US Big Brother.

toronto_matt
07-03-2014, 05:05 AM
This really made me cringe, and the opening VT too. It felt like they were copying BBUK and BBAU at the same time.

you should be happy they are choosing to further emulate bbuk and au rather than the old and tired american CBS version.

:)

Lostie!
07-03-2014, 07:25 PM
I remember when BB Australia returned in 2012, and it opened with the narration: "The original and the best!".

BB Australia wasn't even the second or third, nevermind the original! Each version seems to be slightly economical with the facts, really. I do love their version, though. :D

Matt
07-03-2014, 09:32 PM
It wasn't just Arisa - the executive producer said four months before the series begun: "We’re going to do something at the beginning that again, nobody’s ever seen on any ‘Big Brother’ anywhere."

It's a shame they overhyped it like that, but it doesn't take away from the fact that this twist is a major development for the BBUSA format.