PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Gibb Dies

jbellemeg
12-01-2003, 10:55 AM
I was very sorry to read this on the teletex this morning.
It appears he died in the early hours of this morning.
Very sad news indeed.
My thought's go to all his family.
RIP

Amy
12-01-2003, 10:58 AM
It is very sad news, only yesterday i thought great he's improving! It's such a shame.

Di2001
12-01-2003, 11:06 AM
Yes, this is very sad indeed. It all happened so fast.

R.I.P.

bbceleb1
12-01-2003, 11:18 AM
Thats really sad, i read it in the papers yesterday
RIP

Romantic Old Bird
12-01-2003, 11:19 AM
Poor old Maurice. It does only go to show however that fame and wealth are terribly unimportant in the scheme of things.

He was a talented member of a talented family.

Anyone remember the interview they had with Clive Anderson, where they got uppity and walked off when he said they were a bit naff? (Well those weren't the EXACT words!!)

Maurice was the only one, as I recall, who didn't storm off. He went to join them after a minute or so, but I thought at the time that at least he had taken it in jest, and wasn't too precious.

For those too young to remember the Bee Gee's contribution to music read here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/1734797.stm)

I wasn't their greatest fan, but I think they did make a significant contribution.

I mean, where would Steps have been without them??

And would John Travolta have EVER looked like this?
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/1996/0920/travolta.jpg

BusyBee
12-01-2003, 12:29 PM
So sad to hear the news - his family must be devastated. Sincere condolences to them.

The Bee Gees have been one of the most influential groups that have been produced and without their scores a film like Saturday Night Fever would have been nothing.

Will remember how he made the time to come over from America to appear and sing with his ex wife Lulu when she did "An Audience With". Not many would put themselves out like that. RIP

Mairi
12-01-2003, 02:44 PM
I was very upset to read that Maurice Gibb had died this morning, especially as he was only 53. My sincere condolences to all his family.

May he live on in his music.

:dazzler:

avriljayne
12-01-2003, 07:53 PM
I too was very upset that Maurice had died

Especially with the reports yesterday that although still critical he appeared to be improving, squeezing his daughters hand.

Another one of the UK's great musicians have departed.

susieq
12-01-2003, 08:32 PM
I remember in the early 70's my friend and I would follow the Bee Gees all over the place. Maurice was my fave and she liked Robin.

We stood outside the Palace Theatre in Manchester for hours once just to get a glimpse of them after a concert (we couldn't afford to go in & see them!).

The Bee Gees were part of my growing up and, for a few years, I lived round the corner from where they spent their early years - we used to stand over the road and just look at the house (they'd long since left there but that's adulation for you!).

My sincere condolences to his family & friends. He seemed a nice, genuine man, who never forgot his roots and just loved making and playing music. RIP.

WILDCHILD
13-01-2003, 12:59 PM
I can only repeat these comments - I dont know loads about the Bee Gees but my parents did. I know a few of their classics and enjoy dancing to them at parties.
May Maurice rest in peace.

BigSister
13-01-2003, 01:05 PM
I was totally shocken when I heard the news
My thoughts go out to his family
RIP