PDA

View Full Version : The Salon

BusyBee
14-01-2003, 06:36 PM
Has anyone caught this one yet. I havent and just wondered if it was worthing catching.

LEE
14-01-2003, 06:55 PM
I didn't expect to like this at all, but I have seen a fair bit of the live coverage over the last couple of days and I'm starting to get hooked.

:flower:

mcginn
14-01-2003, 07:03 PM
I like the live coverage on E4 , but i dont like the 6pm slot on channel4 (they should put it on later). did any1 see the women with 4 inch finger nails on it today???:shocked:

bbceleb1
14-01-2003, 07:11 PM
Hi
I am really disapointed it bored me silly today, not my cup of tea at all, imo it has the potential to be good but they seem to all want the lime light anyone agree ?
:thumbs:

LEE
14-01-2003, 07:11 PM
did any1 se the women with 4 inch finger nails on it today???
Yes I did :shocked: Weren't they gross. :shocked:

Kaz
14-01-2003, 07:37 PM
I watched this for the first time tonight. Didn't see the woman with the finger nails, but I did feel sorry for the poor chap having the back wax - he was nearly in tears! :shocked::bawling::shocked:

peachy
15-01-2003, 02:46 PM
What about the bloke with the huge hole in his ear. OMG, just gross! It seems to be attracting exhibitionists! Would you consider having a bikini wax on camera? If so the Salon is the place to go!!

I'm really not sure what I think about it. I like Ricardo and Adey(?I think that's his name), they both seem characters but the women stylists have hardly been featured yet.

So, I'll reserve judgment on it but at least it's on when there is nothing else worth watching so I'll keep watching for a while and see how it goes.

By the way, everyone. As you may have noticed I've changed my avatar. Outwardly, ROB has been extremely calm about this. She has taken the news of my defection from PC remarkably well. She cares not a jot, she says, BUT funnily enough, since I changed I haven't spoken to her at all since. Tells me that she has exams and can't spare time for a chat any more. Am I being paranoid or has the Mighty ROB taken the huff?? What does anyone think? Shall I change back? Advice needed!!!

BusyBee
15-01-2003, 06:55 PM
Peachy - how could you defect! I thought better of you.

Mind this from someone who just cant get round to sorting out an Avatar - although I can assure you when I do (soon, I promise) a certain magnificent Mr C will be to the fore.

Kaz
15-01-2003, 08:31 PM
Peachy, my dear - you must follow your heart. :laugh:

I agonised long and hard before changing my stonking PC avatar for the equally stonking Will. However, this didn't mean I think any the less of Mr Clarke. After all there can be only one Paul Clarke's No. 1 Fan and that role is more than ably filled by ROB. :love:

Romantic Old Bird
16-01-2003, 10:22 AM
Kaz, I seem to remember you defected BW (Before Will) to Alex Sibley. Own up, you are a strumpet!!:hugesmile:

Seriously, Peachy is having you on. I was aware of her fecklessness before she changed the avatar.

In fact she whinged on so much about it I told her to get on with it. She - like Bunty - is easily influenced by a winsome smile (and a pert male buttock I may add) and was ever thus.

Useless to try to change her I feel.

I will continue in my role as No 1 fan. It is a calling, a vocation if you like. It has become my cause. I will soldier on alone if necessary and will not falter unless he does something very very naughty indeed.

He won't of course, because that would be 'completely out of order', and certainly would not be 'fair do's'.

:love::flower::hello::love::hello::flower::love:

Sticks
16-01-2003, 10:32 AM
I think I can sit this one out as I am one of those not afraid to use a picture of themselves as an avatar.

Those who use images not of themselves seem camara shy, possibly for legitimate reasons.

As for the Salon, I had no idea it was one. The only RTV I follow is Big Brother, because with the other the contestants have access to the outside world and do not need us to watch out for them against the machinations of a cynical TV production company like ......

(Foams from mouth in fit of rage -

Falls down from apoplexy :mad::spin2:)

peachy
16-01-2003, 12:14 PM
Will I be forgiven if I say that I still like PC and I'm still interested in the outcome of his and Helen's romance?
I just despair of ever hearing any news of them.
I know I'm fickle and lacking in patience, but it was ever so, I'm afraid. I have waited 18 months and now I have moved on. My affections are engaged elsewhere for now and it is only news of an engagement, marriage or a baby which will rekindle the flames for me now.

ROB, is there constant and true, I am a fickle jade (not that b***** Jade, I hasten to add) who has deserted the camp, perhaps only temporarily. Oh, but the guilt, the guilt!!:xyxwave:

Kaz
16-01-2003, 12:36 PM
Posted by ROB
Kaz, I seem to remember you defected BW (Before Will) to Alex Sibley. Own up, you are a strumpet!! :hugesmile:

:bawling: I was only sticking up for Peachy!

Seriously, ROB - you are as always correct (although NOT about the strumpet part :nono: :laugh:).

I did indeed have a brief period with an Alex avatar, although I think that was probably a conscious effort on my part to acknowledge that BB3 had actually happened, albeit that it was a cute pic! :blush:)

However, my loyalty and support to Mr Clarke has remained steadfast and true, even though my avatar has changed. :thumbs:

*Paul Clarke's No. 2/3/4/5/6 Fan* (delete as appropriate) :love:

Romantic Old Bird
16-01-2003, 06:28 PM
Kaz, I jest of course my friend.

I am sure you are steadfast and true in all other aspects.

Peachy is also correct in her comments about the dry, dry desert of information. Hard to keep the faith. Especially when they are actively avoiding publicity at all times except strictly on their own terms.

Nevertheless I am still here and Mr C will feature in my avatar for the forseeable. :love:

BusyBee
16-01-2003, 07:14 PM
Others may come and go, but there is only one Mr Clarke - he will be in our hearts for ever.:thumbs::thumbs:

WILDCHILD
16-01-2003, 07:19 PM
Getting back to The Salon, Im liking it.
I think its pretty interesting and it goes to show how nosey I am because I love listenign to the clients and what they have to see.
I luv Ricardo - I find him really chilled, despite people saying hes too O.T.T. I can see me getting hooked - I can 'sense it' as the medium said on tonights show!:spin:

LEE
16-01-2003, 07:22 PM
I'm getting into it as well Wildchild. I missed it today as I was out at clients, but had it on all of yesterday while working from home.

I think Ricardo is great as well. :hugesmile:

finch
16-01-2003, 09:03 PM
I think it's a good show.

I'm not gonna get totally obsessed just watch it everyday.
Notice that Phil-Edgar Jones is the Producer or something similar.

I was thinking that this could lead on to other shows like 'the law firm' or 'the architects' or a magazine office

susieq
16-01-2003, 09:19 PM
I'm really getting into this too. Ricardo is very camp and very 'out there' but is good fun. Why does Adee seem to cut everyone's hair the same? And, is it just me, or does Sonja remind anyone else of Sara Cox?

Glad Oliver has sorted out his 'issues' with his parents - nice to know his father was supportive (though how they didn't realise he was gay I just don't know!!).

So guys, which junior is leaving tomorrow? My money's on Charmadine (don't know if that's how it's spelt!!).

LEE
16-01-2003, 09:24 PM
Hi Sue

You are right Sue, it was indeed Sharmadean who left this morning. (I think the C4 shows must go out a day late).

CLICK HERE (http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/S/thesalon/news/stories/0116_salon_farewell.html) to read about it on the official site.

James
16-01-2003, 09:49 PM
It's a pity the web streaming isn't free or I might get into this. Maybe.

It's only £4.95 but I don't want to pay before I know if it's going to be any good. :hugesmile:

steve_o
17-01-2003, 09:45 PM
I got into day, looking through the telly guide as you do, saw on E4 The Salon live thought so this is what everyones talking about on the site as I hadn't seen it, pressed select on my remote to see three large up top ladies in a sauna. Then getting a massage, blimey voyeurism in the afternoon I though, this will do for me. :shocked::thumbs: Might get into this now, trust good old channel 4. this country's now finally starting to act like Europe and is getting rid of it's stuffy ways at last and I bet this idea came for Holland as well.:laugh:

:spin:

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

LEE
17-01-2003, 09:50 PM
Today wasn't the best day to see it for the first time Steve, as the hairdressing staff were off, and they are far more entertaining.

I had it on in the background for most of the day and even though I have been really getting into it all week, I thought it was quite boring today.

Still I suppose I wasn't really that enthralled by watching women in Sauna's :laugh:

steve_o
17-01-2003, 10:10 PM
It was ok:thumbs::laugh::blush:

:spin:

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Amy
04-02-2003, 07:20 PM
I see the show has been extended Click Here (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds10270.html) :xyxwave:

LEE
04-02-2003, 07:30 PM
I have to admit to being one of the 300,000 day time viewers - well, when I'm not out with clients anyway :hugesmile:

I've really got into the Salon and it's usually on in the background when I'm working from home.

Amy
05-02-2003, 10:50 AM
I'm starting to enjoy this too :thumbs:
This morning was very funny :laugh: :spin2: :laugh:

LEE
05-02-2003, 11:04 AM
It was wasn't it Amy :hugesmile:

Carina was so embarrassed. :blush: I'd have died if it had been me. On national TV as well :laugh:

Amy
05-02-2003, 11:06 AM
I thought Ricardo was going to have a heart attack he was so excited :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LEE
05-02-2003, 11:11 AM
Just think what Helen's reaction would have been if C4 had done that for her birthday :joker:

LEE
05-02-2003, 11:14 AM
There's gong to be a live chat with Paul tonight at 6:30pm

CLICK HERE for the link. (http://www.channel4.com/community/)

James
14-02-2003, 09:26 PM
Apparently Claire from BB1 was on The Salon the other day.

Anyone see her?

LEE
14-02-2003, 09:35 PM
I haven't seen it at all this week, as I have been out every day with work.

Damn, I would have liked to see Clare.

WILDCHILD
15-02-2003, 12:48 PM
I saw Clare on the Salon. I spotted her right away, she was having a massage.
She still managed to talk about Big Brother and how if you go on a show like the Salon, you are recognised for your talents but if you go in the BB house you are labelled a wannabe.:nono:
She seems the same old Clare - sweet and bubbly.:wavey::flower::wavey:

BigSister
15-02-2003, 12:59 PM
I saw her too

I was just flicking thru the hilights :hugesmile:

Amy
21-03-2003, 08:27 PM
I see Ricardo has quit today :shocked: full story here (http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/S/thesalon/news/stories/0320_ricardo_quits.html)

:wavey:

WILDCHILD
21-03-2003, 09:16 PM
I so love the Salon!! So funny!
Ricardo did quite because he looked through a clients personal belongings and he saw no wrong in it!
He came back though as a customer and wanted treatment in the Spa - how funny!!:laugh:

Kaz
31-03-2003, 01:07 PM
Oh no! Ricardo's gone for good! :bawling:

Article from Ananova

The Salon star Ricardo has walked out for good after delivering a dramatic farewell speech to the team. He told them that he could no longer work with manager Paul, who he dubbed an arrogant, sarcastic, controlling bully.

It comes just days after the Brazilian stylist won the public vote to stay following a series of spats with Paul.

Last week he walked out after being told he was being suspended for going through a client's shopping bags - but was later reinstated by viewers.

Delivering his speech, Ricardo said: "I have made mistakes and perhaps I got carried away.

"But despite my moments of happiness here, I can't help but feel bitter. The public support kept me going.

"I have been called unprofessional, lazy, bitch, clown and finally not a good hairdresser.

"The likes of Beverly Cobella came in and criticised me in a harsh way. Perhaps she should blame her husband who checked my haircuts at the auditions and was very impressed."

"I feel this has come to an end because of Head Office's decision to hand control over to Paul. I leave here today relieved but happy, but sad to leave some friends behind."

Turning to face Paul, he said: "I hope you don't have to rely on a Supermarket chain to give you a job."

:shocked:

kaphc
31-03-2003, 04:14 PM
I just saw a trailer for tonight's show with Jade and her mum on.

Jade's mum: What part of Ireland did you go to Jade? Was it Southern? Where did you go?

Jade: Edinburgh (except she didn't quite pronouce it right!)

Durr!!!

Dazza
09-04-2003, 07:05 PM
I am loving the Salon just wish i had got in to it sooner i like john the best he is so funny and sweet why does he have to be gay :dance::dazzler:

chilledbootz
12-04-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Dazza
I am loving the Salon just wish i had got in to it sooner i like john the best he is so funny and sweet why does he have to be gay :dance::dazzler:

Cos all the best ones are Dazza!!!!:devil: