PDA

View Full Version : Where Do You Keep Yours?

BusyBee
15-01-2003, 05:47 PM
After reading on another thread that many of us are still the proud holders of BB memorabilia that is completely unknown to OHs. I got to wondering where these precious pieces of 'history' are kept.

Me - my treasured newsaper cuttings, magazine articles, photographs etc are kept hidden under at the bottom of a drawer under the bed covered by spare bedding. :hugesmile::hugesmile::hugesmile:

OH would never go in there. Or at least I dont think so, maybe I need somewhere safer:shocked::shocked:

The videos are in a box marked Jane Austen - definitely not somewhere he would look into. And just in case there are some Jane Austen videos on top.

Where do you keep yours? Any ingenious hiding places?

Romantic Old Bird
15-01-2003, 06:12 PM
Well, my magazines and extensive video collection are at present languishing under my neatly folded away jumpers in a drawer in the base of my new wardrobe.

I have to say there have been some pretty hairy moments over the last few weeks as we threw out all the cheapo MFI stuff and replaced it with the tasteful matching pine repro stuff we have now.
A covert enterprise of high derring do!

I am shortly to transfer them with all the reference normally reserved to the Turin Shroud to two copius box files I have purchased.

Once safely enconced there, the chances of OH happening upon them are exceedingly remote.

Now my bb pictures are all stored in files named 'Epidemiology - seasonal immunisation uptake ratios' which in turn are in a briefcase thingy labelled 'Work'.

I feel I can now rest easy. What about everyone else?:thumbs:

dizzy bint
15-01-2003, 06:31 PM
All my precious videos are in my bedside cabinet and now nearly take up the top drawer as well as the bottom one.

All my magazines are in 3 carrier bags in the cupboard. I can't decide whether to cut the smaller articles out of some of them and put them in a scrapbook (rather Blue Peterish) or whether they are better in situ so to speak.

Both magazines and videos are untouchable on pain of something happening thats unpleasant !!

I have to confess I sometimes open my bedside cabinet and just look at my videos. Boy have I got it bad. :shocked:

rachb
15-01-2003, 06:33 PM
My newspapers are in a bag full of old cards,which I'm also sad for keeping!!:blush::blush:.
my magazines are in the drawer under the bed covered in bedding anyone would think they were a different sort of magazine wouldn't they!!:blush::blush::blush:
my videos are in a drawer with labels on that have nothing to do with bb on.
I think it may be easier to hide the husband than the bb stuff then we could watch and read bb whenever we like:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

Mairi
15-01-2003, 06:37 PM
My magazines are in the bottom of my wardrobe.

My newspaper cuttings are under my bed.

My videos are on a video rack right next to the TV.

:colour::colour::colour::colour::colour:

Janette
15-01-2003, 06:43 PM
I only have my memories, and there's plenty of room in my head for them

:spin2:

blinkinlovely
15-01-2003, 09:17 PM
:shocked:Hidden in a variety of places. Under my bed, in my wardrobe ... secret BB2 vid hiding in vid rack as I speak (well, type..):shocked:

lyndy
15-01-2003, 09:32 PM
i'm so glad to know there are other's like me:hugesmile:
my mags are in a cupboard with the gas metre well protected
my newspaper cuttings are in the draw under the bed covered by bedding
my videos are in a draw up-stairs under some curtains all with secret coding on them so i know what is what.

:colour::colour::laugh::laugh::colour::colour:

jbellemeg
16-01-2003, 08:10 AM
I don't have to hide any of my BB things. I live on my own and all my family know how obsessed I was with BB2 so don't bother to even remark on my collection.
I threw away all my mags ( apart from one ) and transfered all the photo's to my PC and disc.
All my sound tracks are on disc as some of you ( who have had copies ) already know.
When I lost all my information the other day I was panic struck because I thought I had lost some of my photo's, but luckily I had them in my back up system. Which is more than I can say for some of my family photo's and personal e.mail addresses.
My videos are in the lounge and spare room.
The ones in the spare room are just general BB2 stuff but the ones in the lounge are all of you know who!
HAPPY DAYS:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mairi
16-01-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by jbellemeg
I threw away all my mags ( apart from one )

I'm intrigued. Which one did you keep, Jill?

:spin2::wavey::spin2:

jbellemeg
16-01-2003, 10:54 AM
I kept the copy of Heat that shows Helen and Paul in Paris last April.
The pictures are soooo nice. Especially the one of them in the field of daffodils where they are looking at Le Figaro.
I couldn't get it in my scanner so decided to keep the Mag.
There are so many nice photo's in that issue.:love::love::love::love::love:

Mairi
16-01-2003, 11:03 AM
I have that one too, Jill and I agree with you about the photo of them in the daffodils <sigh> :love:

BusyBee
16-01-2003, 06:25 PM
I too loved the one with the daffodils, though not quite sure what Helen made of the newspaper. Still I expect Paul explained.

Any my fellow conspirators I AM SO PROUD OF YOU ALL. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU ALL. YOU HAVE DONE WELL

Do you think the Queen gives out medals for devotion beyond the call of duty. If so I think there may be a few of us up for a Damehood/Knighthood soon. joker::joker:

I think I shall e-mail Tony Blair and ask if he ever needs candidates for jobs at M15 (or is it M16 I'm not sure of the difference) we have a plethora of talent on this site who on the surface seem quite normal, sensible people, BUT UNDERNEATH they are still suffering from that incurable disease BBitis.
:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::

Just think of the TV documentary they could make about us lot - or perhaps not:nono::nono:

jbellemeg
16-01-2003, 07:18 PM
LOL
:colour::colour::colour::colour::colour::colour::t humbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

steve_o
03-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Two videos is all I've got, kept in a cabinet under the telly, the whole collection of my bb watching experience.:shocked: I've not lived.:thumbs:

:spin:

Romantic Old Bird
04-03-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by steve_o
Two videos is all I've got, kept in a cabinet under the telly, the whole collection of my bb watching experience.:shocked: I've not lived.:thumbs:

:spin:

Steve, BYLCS love! Aaaah, everybody say aaah!

I must admit my collection is not so easy to store. Have had to move tapes to yet another hiding place as OH spotted the box file and looked through it.

I was regaled with the usual barrage of 'you sad old cow' etc. However I am now beyond shame in this respect, and happily admit to it.

:laugh:

BusyBee
05-03-2003, 01:35 PM
Our OHs just dont understand do they.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with storing videos and information about a programme that finished nearly two years ago, discussing the people involved in the programme and harbouring 'interesting' thoughts about them.

Sounds quite normal to me :thumbs::thumbs: