PDA

View Full Version : Cutting out wheat - to get slim

arista
31-05-2014, 03:23 AM
Trim your tummy in just 2 weeks: Can't face baring your midriff on the beach this summer? Try this ultra-fast diet devised by a top cardiologist that targets your tum - just by cutting out wheat

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2644342/Trim-tummy-just-2-weeks-Cant-face-baring-midriff-beach-summer-Try-ultra-fast-diet-devised-cardiologist-targets-tum-just-cutting-wheat.html#ixzz33GAkbMHF

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/05/30/article-2644342-1E57804B00000578-755_634x406.jpg

This works
if you stick to the rules
and not Yo Yo

Sign Of The Times

Kizzy
31-05-2014, 03:40 AM
That's not what the mail were saying last year...

Claire Combes, 44, also piled on the pounds after going gluten-free. ‘Five years ago, I found that when I ate food high in gluten, such as bread, pasta and potatoes, I felt bloated and tired,’ says Claire, who lives in St Albans, Hertfordshire, with her husband Mark, 46. ‘I wasn’t overweight, but decided I’d switch to gluten-free products to see if this improved my health.
‘I stocked up on gluten-free bread, spaghetti and pasta, as well as gluten-free snacks such as crisps and biscuits.
‘These products were more expensive, but I felt they were worth it for their health benefits. I didn’t have a clue they were higher in fats, and I had no idea they could make me put on weight, rather than lose it. Over the next few years, as I stuck to my gluten-free regime, my weight rose to 9 st 10 lb.
‘I couldn't understand it — I thought I was doing everything right; watching what I ate and eating a gluten-free diet. I also did Pilates and walked everywhere.
Not so simple: Shoppers keen to lose a few pounds may think gluten-free bread will give them a head start when it comes to dieting, but our investigation reveals the reverse could be true +10
Not so simple: Shoppers keen to lose a few pounds may think gluten-free bread will give them a head start when it comes to dieting, but our investigation reveals the reverse could be true
‘Then I discovered from a friend that eating a gluten or wheat-free diet does not automatically make you slimmer.

That said that is if you exchange wheat based products for their wheat/gluten free alternatives, if you simply eliminated them totally then it would have an impact I bet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2319913/The-gluten-free-Costly-wheat-free-products-just-make-people-FATTER-health-benefits-all.html

Jords
31-05-2014, 04:08 AM
Losing weight requires a lifestyle change, not fad diets that last a certain period of time because afterwards youre likely to gain all the weight back.

Kazanne
31-05-2014, 07:26 AM
I found that by cutting bread out alone ,I lost weight,not massive amounts but over time it all counts.

smudgie
31-05-2014, 09:13 AM
As carbs are slow release energy, of course you can get a 'sugar spike' if you eat too many, the same way that not eating them can drop your sugar levels.
Low sugar can be as bad if not worse than a spike.

Moderation in everything is the way forward.

(If only I could follow my own mantra:joker:)

LeatherTrumpet
31-05-2014, 09:18 AM
If you amputate a leg you can lose up to 2 stones

Slevin
31-05-2014, 09:18 AM
i been really paying attention to my food intake the last few months. losing some weight her and there and i agree about moderation.

Kazanne
31-05-2014, 09:19 AM
If you amputate a leg you can lose up to 2 stones

:joker: and if some people chop off their heads they can loose pounds of ugly fat:hugesmile:

jackc1806
31-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Just eat a balanced diet and exercise :shrug:

Josy
31-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Losing weight requires a lifestyle change, not fad diets that last a certain period of time because afterwards youre likely to gain all the weight back.

Just eat a balanced diet and exercise :shrug:

These.

It's the only real effective and safe way to do it.

Exercise is also important, weights are fantastic, yes even for women spend more time doing that and less cardio but don't cut it out altogether and the weight will fall off.

Livia
31-05-2014, 01:06 PM
Most people know what's good and what's bad to eat, and that moving around more will use up excess calories. The trouble is getting some people to put that knowledge into action.

Kizzy
02-06-2014, 03:20 AM
I don't think they do, I think that nutrition is really complex actually we're told so many conflicting things all the time. there are around 50 different terms for sugar in food labelling, and all carbs are not created equal.
There are good fats, and bad fats... Cutting through all the jargon and the pseudo science in advertising as well as conflicting media reports and focussing on what is actually healthy not what is promoted as healthy is getting quite difficult.