PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race: Season 25 Discussion Thread [Season Complete]

Headie
31-05-2014, 11:45 AM
So the public were allowed to attend the start of the race in New York at 3am in the morning, and pics of the cast have leaked via people who went there.

There's LOTS of female/female teams so I presume they want another all-female team winning.

People on Twitter saying there's a new "Save" card which you can use to save yourself from elimination (instead of an Express Pass).

Keith and Whitney from Survivor South Pacific are on the race.

Videos from start of the race:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154180425025293
http://instagram.com/p/opvft7TGmZ/

http://i.imgur.com/WZZHcZn.jpg
http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfp1/t51.2885-15/10375692_1515931128625686_1905381648_n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oUZhM4E.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2KYeCMN.jpg

Yes @ the big black girls in orange being first to walk down the steps :love:

Slevin
31-05-2014, 12:00 PM
whats so great about those girls being first? are we supposed to know these people already?

Headie
31-05-2014, 12:14 PM
whats so great about those girls being first? are we supposed to know these people already?

Nothing but black reality tv girls are always entertaining <3333333

Tregard
31-05-2014, 01:03 PM
I reaaaallly hope this series isn't crap.

Headie
31-05-2014, 01:37 PM
I reaaaallly hope this series isn't crap.

It already looks better than the entirety of Season 24 :joker:

reece(:
31-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Slay it orange team and Survivor team <3

DrunkerThanMoses
31-05-2014, 02:07 PM
Last season was TERRIBLE. This season all ready looks great.

Lol @ Whitney and Keith being on the cast randomly. Its good to hear they are still together but its just random as ****

Tregard
31-05-2014, 02:19 PM
People on Twitter saying there's a new "Save" card which you can use to save yourself from elimination (instead of an Express Pass).

This seems really overpowered :/

Headie
01-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Teams Revealed:
Bethany Hamilton and Adam Dirks: Married Surfers from Princeville, Hawaii (Light Blue Male/Female Team)
Kym Perfetto and Alli Forsythe: Urban Bike Racers from Brooklyn, N.Y. (Light Blue Female Team)
Amy DeJong and Maya Warren: Food Scientists from Madison, Wisc. (Interracial Purple Team)
Lisa Thomson and Michelle Thomson: Realtor Sisters from Miami, Fla. (Blonde Pink Team)
Michael Ward and Scott Strazzullo: Firefighters from Boston, Mass. (Red Team)
Brooke Adams and Robbie E. Strauss: Dating Pro Wrestlers from Houston, Texas and Woodbridge, N.J., respectively. (Neon Green Bandanaes Team)
Tim Tsao and Te Jay McGrath: College Sweethearts from Pasadena, Calif. (Gay Asian Purple Team)
Isabelle Du and Dennis Hour: Model and Accountant, respectively, from Tustin, Calif. (Asian Dark Blue Team)
Keith Tollefson and Whitney Duncan: Engaged Couple from Nashville, Tenn. (Neon Green Team
Misti and Jim Raman: Married Dentists from Columbia, S.C. (Blue Team)
Shelley and Nici Porter: Mother/Daughter from Detroit, Mich. (African-American Orange Team)

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=30030.0;attach=263 766;image

reece(:
01-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Looks like a good lineup :amazed:

Tregard
01-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Gonna guess Kym & Alli and Amy & Maya will be my favourites.

michael21
02-06-2014, 11:45 AM
tna stars :dance::dance::dance:

starry
03-06-2014, 07:42 PM
This seems really overpowered :/

It sounds awful. They need to focus on competition and making it tough like in the old days.

Macie Lightfoot
03-06-2014, 08:04 PM
blah blah blah

GET OUT

Marc
03-06-2014, 09:30 PM
What is this

Marc
03-06-2014, 09:33 PM
I have excite

swinearefine
03-06-2014, 10:51 PM
This could actually be good. The race has been stale for years and I haven't watched since Unfinished Business, but I'll probably attempt this one.

Headie
29-08-2014, 02:29 PM
The teams have been released by CBS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQK4imtNQmg&list=UUPY3wSqgeErW9AI5qPLcLUA

Headie
29-08-2014, 02:29 PM
tQK4imtNQmg

DrunkerThanMoses
30-08-2014, 10:08 PM
I like the look of this cast. I find the winter seasons always better for some reason. After the shockingly bad season 24 this cant be any worse... but then again we thought nothing could be as bad as Big Brother 15 yet 16 is giving it a good run for its money for crap season.

Marc
31-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Not here for the amputee getting the sympathy edit.

:joker: at the gays thinking that having dogs adds to them being successful
Those dentists D: the wrestlers D:
The asian dating couple look annoyyyyingggggggggggg

Bluerang1
05-09-2014, 02:01 AM
OMG Soul Surfer in on this!

Bluerang1
05-09-2014, 02:07 AM
Ohhh I liek this cast. It's amazingly diverse and like that woman said, no "weak" teams.

New timeslot means I can watch this and Once Upon a Time in the same week witout waiting for one to be online <3 I'm so used to Amazing Race on Sundays though, but it's not like I do anything on Friday night.

DrunkerThanMoses
27-09-2014, 09:10 AM
Thought it was on a sunday?

Headie
27-09-2014, 11:01 AM
Quite liked the premiere, the teams seem pretty likeable this season too! The only ones I dislike are the Firefighters and the Wrestlers.

The Scientists, Mom/Daughter and the Dentists are my faves at the moment.

DrunkerThanMoses
27-09-2014, 03:27 PM
The dentists are scary looking, jesus I cant bare them at all

Not sure who I like so far, I found the wrestlers the best tbh

Whitney and Keith actually made more of a strategic move in one episode of the amazing race then they did in the whole survivor game

Not sad who went, found both them and firefighters pathetic

Benjamin
28-09-2014, 12:24 AM
Need to watch this. Been ill all week so had a mass marathon from seasons 6 - 12 :love:

Bluerang1
28-09-2014, 06:44 AM
The editing and the teams themselves was messy this ep. They need to stop the collective team penalties.

And what's with the bottom two spoiler for the next episode??

Headie
28-09-2014, 11:06 AM
The editing anf the teams themselves was messy this ep. They need to stop the collective team penalties.

And what's with the bottom two spoiler for the next episode??

Ikr? I hope they are just trying to throw us off and neither of them go home, or it's a NEL, cos I'll be hella disappointed if either of them go next, and this season is the first season I'm watching without spoilers.

Headie
04-10-2014, 10:26 AM
I'm really enjoying this season so far, even though two of my favourite teams are gone. It's nice to see they've actually cast superfans of the race who really care about the show too.

DrunkerThanMoses
04-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Yeah episode 2 was very good, much better start than the **** feast that was amazing race 24

Challenges have been go so far and the cast seem cool bar the firefghters. Hopefully they the preview of them injured means they quit next episode.

Felt bad for who went, would have rather seen the mother/daughter go out of them two as I didnt like the daughter not caring her mother was finding it hard to run, I mean I get they are racing to stay in, but did not bold well with me.

Hopefully the season continues like this... shame the ratings have been ****

Bluerang1
04-10-2014, 03:50 PM
I can't at the preview actually being a spoiler

I'm glad the Nici and Shelley survived but was sad to see the couple go. I was hoping the firemen would be out for that darn boat task.

Seeing London was great though, such nostalgia <3

Headie
04-10-2014, 04:04 PM
I can't at the preview actually being a spoiler

I'm glad the Nici and Shelley survived but was sad to see the couple go. I was hoping the firemen would be out for that darn boat task.

Seeing London was great though, such nostalgia <3

Ikr, hopefully net weeks preview is a spoiler too and the firefighters go home :joker:

Nici and Shelley <3 I loved that she just pissed in the middle of a public river with tourists right next to her :love:

Headie
04-10-2014, 10:51 PM
prjK5v1knr0

Goddesses :worship:

JoshBB
06-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Does this live up to it's hype? Currently watching episode 1, and ten minutes in I'm not excited about it yet.

Bluerang1
09-10-2014, 02:58 AM
yes

Headie
10-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Tonight's ep is Scotland <3

Hoping Shelley and Nici survive :fc:

Headie
10-10-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm still not over Dennis and Isabelle's elimination :( They seemed to be enjoying the experience so much and weren't just race-orientated either
e2rDXOQxv54

Headie
10-10-2014, 03:54 PM
This was the best part of last episode
1olVG25_i6U

Bluerang1
11-10-2014, 02:45 AM
Ooh can't wait to see what the Shelly and Nici dramz is but it has to be a NEL anyway

DrunkerThanMoses
11-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Glad firefighters went did not like them

Previews seem to give away who goes so I guess the mother and daughter are last next episode

Dentists piss me off, arrogant douchebag, hope he loses.

Headie
11-10-2014, 11:43 AM
Yass @ the firefighters leaving, they should've gone in ep 1.

I hope the preview is misleading for next week (I can't @ me avoiding spoilers for the first time ever and then all the previews spoiling it for me). I have a feeling the next leg will be a NEL anyway.

Headie
11-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Ooh can't wait to see what the Shelly and Nici dramz is but it has to be a NEL anyway

Yeah, it better be a NEL or that they were the second to last team to arrive, or Imma be pretty pissed at them spoiling all the episode endings in previews.

Bluerang1
11-10-2014, 11:53 AM
It's so ridiculous

Bluerang1
11-10-2014, 11:54 AM
I don't think the dentist is that much of a douche, I like the team.

DrunkerThanMoses
18-10-2014, 10:25 AM
Argh they get to keep their save as well, what a load of ****.

Good episode again, tasks looked cool

Mother/Daughter team are annoying now, hope they are one of the next to go. They probably will be seeing as they keep arguing. I can see them quitting.

Keith vs Mother/Daughter might be interesting to see, it looked like they was arguing over standing on the pitstop mat.

Headie
18-10-2014, 11:32 AM
I thought the ending felt really rushed, but I'm so happy that Shelley & Nici didn't finish in last! They just keep on giving! :love:

I'm worried their luck will run out soon though, but I'm praying they last all the way until the end, just for the drama they provide! :laugh:

Also WTF @ Phil handing them back the Save. I thought that having the Save in play this season meant there would be one less NEL planned and it would replace one of the NEL legs that would've been pre-planned if the Save wasn't a new thing this year.

Also :joker: @ Nici tripping over her bag just metres away from the pit stop.

Headie
18-10-2014, 11:40 AM
EQTv5AqVBpo

vs4DeYkBuxs

ikuqxZlBfjg

:love:

reece(:
18-10-2014, 11:44 AM
yas at Shelley and Nici

defying spoilers <3333

DrunkerThanMoses
18-10-2014, 11:50 AM
I thought the ending felt really rushed, but I'm so happy that Shelley & Nici didn't finish in last! They just keep on giving! :love:

I'm worried their luck will run out soon though, but I'm praying they last all the way until the end, just for the drama they provide! :laugh:

Also WTF @ Phil handing them back the Save. I thought that having the Save in play this season meant there would be one less NEL planned and it would replace one of the NEL legs that would've been pre-planned if the Save wasn't a new thing this year.

Also :joker: @ Nici tripping over her bag just metres away from the pit stop.

They handed him the save so for me that means they forfeited it. Listen to Rob has a podcast right now and he brings a good point, its like if someone on survivor played their Hidden idol, and Jeff handed it back to them saying "oh have it back you didnt get a votes anyway". If it was a pre-determined NEL they still handed it to Phil so he should have said "you have used it but you didnt need to as this was a NEL" and does not return it. It gives the Dentist way too much power now.

Crook of **** if you ask me.

Bluerang1
19-10-2014, 01:39 AM
It's ironic that I was thinking that this season was boring at he beginning but my goodness that episode ending up being amazing. I'm glad the dentists didn't get eliminated, I forgot that they had a save not express pass. I don't mind that they got it back.

I didn't know what was wrong with the flower pot so I got mad at the race then, like what was the missing detail?? Then the answer was revealed, still annoying though. Another thing, the judge said "looks about right" the other set-ups, I though tit was meant to be precise not "about right'.

Shelly and Nici are so messy :laugh:

Also Amy being faked out <3

Headie
21-10-2014, 09:51 AM
KAI_8mjUgEQ

Headie
21-10-2014, 09:57 AM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/43b081a1f9cedd69b99d8a367a6c84e4/tumblr_ndoir8JcSd1qc7cmzo1_400.gif

DrunkerThanMoses
25-10-2014, 01:17 AM
Mother and Daughter are so stupid, they waste a u-turn when they were far ahead. If they had any brains they would have wasted it on the dentists to get their pass gone but no the mother/daughter are dumb arses. Their elimination will be amazing.

Over all a good episode. The season is turning out good.

Macie Lightfoot
29-10-2014, 06:10 AM
They knew for a fact that they were ahead of Keith and Whitney and had no way of knowing how Misti and Jim were doing so it really wasn't that dumb.

Macie Lightfoot
29-11-2014, 06:57 AM
Has anyone been watching this? Really good episode tonight. I wasn't crazy about the result but it was a gr8 ep.

Headie
29-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Has anyone been watching this? Really good episode tonight. I wasn't crazy about the result but it was a gr8 ep.

Yes, I've been watching religiously! Shelley & Nici are officially one of my all-time faves.

Thought Brooke & Robbie were really vicious last ep, but then again it's a competition so fair play to them. So happy Amy & Maya survived tho, here for them getting their revenge and winning it all <33333

For me it's Candy Girls > Surfers > Dentists > Wrestlers, but I don't mind who wins tbh.

Headie
29-11-2014, 02:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bwYzWy4.gif

Macie Lightfoot
29-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Yes, I've been watching religiously! Shelley & Nici are officially one of my all-time faves.

Thought Brooke & Robbie were really vicious last ep, but then again it's a competition so fair play to them. So happy Amy & Maya survived tho, here for them getting their revenge and winning it all <33333

For me it's Candy Girls > Surfers > Dentists > Wrestlers, but I don't mind who wins tbh.

Pretty much agree with all of this. Brooke and Robbie are huge try hards (Brooke especially) that aren't particularly funny or engaging or anything. Like, Brooke feels like Corinne Kaplan running the race and **** that ****

starry
30-11-2014, 02:14 PM
Amy and Maya are idiots, they thought another team would save them time on a task by giving them clue information? And to insist another team has to u-turn someone is equally stupid. Each team has to run their own race and they look too stupid to realise that.

Macie Lightfoot
30-11-2014, 09:40 PM
who cares? I know you're super against alliances and any inter-team stuff (even though that's been a fundamental part of TAR since literally season 1) but all of that stuff helped make this episode amazing.

Headie
13-12-2014, 06:20 PM
The latest episode was good, was not expecting the twist at the end, although I'm glad that the twist was put in place tbh otherwise Amaya would be gone </3

Excited for the finale, pulling for an Amaya or Surfers win!

DrunkerThanMoses
16-12-2014, 02:09 AM
Loving this season so far, best in a few years. Hope Amy/Maya win now, the dentists are too cocky, Bethany and thingy are too boring and Brooke is too annoying.

Macie Lightfoot
20-12-2014, 02:00 AM
yayyyy very good finale to cap off a very good season <3

DrunkerThanMoses
20-12-2014, 02:29 AM
Great winners, it was obvious they would win like 2 episodes a go when they had the under dog edit and they only being the ones to answer who would win.

Headie
20-12-2014, 12:58 PM
YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

So happy Amy & Maya won :love: Was rooting for them ever since Shelley & Nici were eliminated <3

Benjamin
22-02-2015, 03:01 AM
Just had a mass marathon after work tonight of this season and it was brilliant. Great cast and my faves actually won. :love:

The next series sounds crap though with the dating couples/blind date thing.

Calderyon
19-03-2015, 02:45 PM
Just finished it.

Great season overall. Good tasks, good teams, good scenery, good all really.

And iīm okay with the winners, even though the scientists should have been eliminated at Philippines, making it a three way between Surfers, Dentists and the Wrestlers, but no can do. Knew immediately that the scientists would win as i saw the memory challenge and them arriving there almost at the same time as the others teams, cause you know itīs a mental challenge, which they naturally have an edge. Had a hunch before, but decided to ingnore it.
Knew that the dentists and surfers would have a harder time doing that. The scientists were third favorites to win for me, first ones were the surfers (especially Bethany, incredible woman) and then the dentists.

Was good to see the wrestlers go first (cause theyīre aggravating muscle brains), but i understand their frustrations completely. Scientists should have been gone. Predicted the wrestlers to go after that, since they have such a terrible sense of direction and donīt know to navigate.

But yeah, scientists scored an underdog win and thatīs fine. At least the wrestlers didnīt. Was rooting for them against them.

Other teams, well... i didnīt like the cyclists at all, glad to see them gone before final four. (which unfortunately means that they will be on another season probably). Didnīt like the Mother & Daughter team, very annoying and full of dramatics. (which will mean that they will also be on another season)

Team rankings:

1. The Surfers (An inspiration)
2. The Dentists (Tough team)
3. The Scientists (Very spirited and happy)
4. The Wrestlers (Muscle brains)
5. Isabelle & Dennis (-)
6. Tim & Te Jay (Whiny woes)
7. Keith & Whitney (Aggressive)
8. Cyclists (very dislikable)
9. Shelley and Nici (annoying drama queens)
10. The Realtors (Pretty)
10. The Firemen (Dumb)

Valmafra
14-03-2019, 11:34 AM
Jim the dental bloke has passed away.

Headie
15-03-2019, 06:06 PM
Jim the dental bloke has passed away.

Omg that's really sad, he wasn't that old either was he? :(

This thread being bumped has reminded me just how good this season was. Shelley and Nici are probably my favourite post-Unfinished Business team ever, and probably in my top 5 all time too tbf :love: Definitely gonna rewatch it at some point