PDA

View Full Version : Why Do We Keep Our Stuff?

BusyBee
17-01-2003, 05:25 PM
Being at home is driving me mad as can be shown by the following thought that popped into my head. Just why do we keep our BB stuff? My reasons - in no particular order are:

1. Archive documents for the future (just think of all those future students investigating Reality tv and the effect on viewers lives - how will they cope if we dont donate our 'stuff' to a Museum):hugesmile:
2. Of historical importance (1st romance on BB, first gay winner etc) :thumbs::thumbs:
3. So I can answer trivial quiz questions in the future :sleep::sleep:
4. So I can bequeath something close to my heart to my children to remember me by (well I can pretend can't I) :hello::hello:
5. Research project to see how long newspapers/magazines last before they start to deteriorate :spin2::spin2:
6. Memories when I'm feeling low and to put a smile on my face :spin2::spin2:
7. To put my ability for concealment to the test :elephant::elephant:
8. To drool over a certain young man :devil::devil: :blush::blush:
9. To compare notes with others of like mind :flower::flower:

10. AND NOT LEAST
BECAUSE I WANT TO :hugesmile::hugesmile::flower::flower:

Perhaps half are truthful and the other half excuses -I'll leave you to guess which are which LOL

Any other good excuses?

Mairi
17-01-2003, 07:16 PM
How is your back, BusyBee? Hope your OH is spoiling you rotten. :thumbs:

I keep my BB stuff because it's just so lovely to look back on. Two people falling in love on TV was such a beautiful and unique thing to watch. I don't suppose it will ever happen again.

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

rachb
17-01-2003, 07:38 PM
I keep mine because I miss all the bb2 housemates so much but most of all h&p:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:
also its something to show all the people that doubted them:spin2::spin2::spin2:
hopefully they will pop up again when bb4 starts:love::love::love:

Romantic Old Bird
19-01-2003, 02:10 PM
Missed this the first time.

I keep them for all the reasons stated above.

I keep them because I'm an incurable romantic

It renewed my faith in human nature and made me feel young again.

It reminded me of the feeling of falling in love

At the time it was all going on, it put a whole new spring in my step (and a look of terror in the eyes of OH) :blush:

It was just so wonderful, sweet, heartbreaking and real.

I keep them most of all because I just couldn't bear to part with them, and because I'm worth it!

Sticks
19-01-2003, 05:14 PM
aren't we supposed to keep a case packed and ready in case we have to leave at 20 minutes notice.

Wait a moment that was from another time and place. So I don't need to keep tripping over that suitcase in the hall :blush:

Maybe we are just paranoid that the day after we throw something out, we will need it.

The collory of this is that if we hang onto something, it will never be needed.

Maggie
20-01-2003, 01:16 PM
Talking of keeping stuff, I was taping Jack Frost last night and when watching it, found BB2 on the end of the tape :laugh: never fear it was only a spare.
It was Narinda's last week, I've always wondered what she said to them all in her 1 1/2 hours, it would have been shown on the interactive, anybody watch it ? :conf:

Romantic Old Bird
20-01-2003, 03:53 PM
No discolady, sorry I don't have it.

I'm still looking for anyone who has Paul on Big breakfast as well!

ANYONE? :bawling: