PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother House flooded!

Kaz
19-01-2003, 08:07 AM
From today's People Online

BIG FLOODER!

BIG Brother bosses face £100,000 repairs to the TV house after it was flooded by a burst water pipe, The People can reveal.

The deluge wrecked the bathroom where last series winner Kate Lawler romped with housemate Alex Sibley, and swamped the whole house.

Someone forgot to turn the heating on at the £750,000 house during this month's cold snap and a pipe froze, then burst.

No one noticed for two days as gallons of water filled the air conditioning unit. Finally the bathroom ceiling collapsed, flooding the entire compound.

Designer carpets and rugs in the bedrooms and toilet were saturated under two inches of water.

Laminated wooden flooring in the kitchen was soaked and will need replacing. And damp has seeped through plasterboard walls in the nine-month-old house at Elstree studios, in Hertfordshire.

An insider at Elstree admitted: "It looked a right mess - more like a swimming pool.

"You wouldn't believe the damage a leaking pipe could cause.

"In the bathroom, we might as well start again from scratch. The compound was built with designer materials. To replace everything will take time and effort"

The bathroom was the focus of several top moments in Big Brother 3 and in the celebrity version.

Fans saw Sophie Pritchard and Lee Davey kiss there and Jade Goody attempted to seduce male model Alex. House designer Markus Blee will oversee the renovations. Set owners Endemol plan to claim from insurers and hope to have the work completed by the end of February.

Series four of Big Brother starts in mid-May. A spokesman promised: "It will be fixed in time."

Producers estimate that more than 200,000 people have applied to star in the 12-week series.
Careless! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Producers estimate that more than 200,000 people have applied to star in the 12-week series.
12 weeks this time? :conf: Anyone heard any rumours about this? :conf:

Mairi
19-01-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Kaz

200,000 people!!!!!!!!!!!

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shoc ked:

bbceleb1
19-01-2003, 12:01 PM
:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked: 200,000 they must be mad!
hehe i wouldnt like to be the guy that left the heating off! :nono: hehe maybe the house will be nicer now!

Sticks
19-01-2003, 05:21 PM
Does anyone else not see that this is a bad omen :shocked:

A portent of worse to come :bawling:

Certainly predicted by the law of diminishing returns.

I would consult the sheeps entrails, except they were slaughtered in 2001 because of foot and mouth. Perhaps just as well because it is quite messy :joker:

Amy
19-01-2003, 05:33 PM
200,000 people!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I can't wait for BB to return :thumbs: I just really hope it's better than BB3 (fingers crossed)

WILDCHILD
19-01-2003, 08:27 PM
Not a bad number - in fact, its a very good number of applicants!
Im all ready and waitng for BB4 but I think I may be waiting for a long time!!:spin2:

steve_o
19-01-2003, 09:25 PM
Stick's, Noah's Ark might be sailing into the bb house quicker than thought as well, what with all that water, maybe that's a bad omen as well.:laugh::thumbs:

:spin:

BusyBee
20-01-2003, 05:45 PM
I dont know about 200,000 applicants - I read that they have said that to date they have had 9,000 videos sent in - more or less the same number as last year. Wonder what they are like:shocked:

Sticks
20-01-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by BusyBee
I dont know about 200,000 applicants - I read that they have said that to date they have had 9,000 videos sent in - more or less the same number as last year. Wonder what they are like:shocked:

Probably a black plastic casing with magnetic tape of about 1cm wide wrapped around two drums, possibly whate in colour. A Black plastic guard may protect the magnetic tape and a small perspex slide so the user can see which drum the tape is mostly wound around.

But that's not inportant right now

LEE
20-01-2003, 06:38 PM
LOL Sticks :laugh:

steve_o
20-01-2003, 07:11 PM
Yea like it, Stick's excellent. A nice bit of Irony goes a long way to putting a smile on my face.:thumbs::laugh:

:spin:

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Tonto1278
08-02-2003, 12:39 PM
If its 12 weeks this time then thats as long as the Aussie version. I think there taking alot of tips from the Aussies, last year they uped there housemate count from 10 to 12 and his year they might be uping there weeks from 9 to 12.

Romantic Old Bird
08-02-2003, 09:31 PM
'But that's not inportant right now'

Sticks for that comment alone,

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::thumbs: :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

BYLCS!!!!!