PDA

View Full Version : Brian vs Kate

Romantic Old Bird
19-01-2003, 08:15 AM
In today's PEOPLE this brief comment:

TV:UK: HOT
BRIAN DOWLING: After leaving BB2, he kept his head down, learnt presenting skills and emerged a star. More than a year on and this former air steward is flying high having made SM:TV his own show

TV:UK: NOT

KATE LAWLER:

Here's one reason why 15 minutes of fame should not be stretched to a full half hour. Presenting Living TV's Celebrity Extra, she's dire proof reality shows aren't a wealth of talent.

LEE
19-01-2003, 08:30 AM
I think that sums up very nicely the whole comparison between BB2 and BB3.

TV:UK: HOT BB2

TV:UK: NOT BB3

:flower:

Janette
19-01-2003, 08:43 AM
I think everyone could tell Brian would be a star as soon as he walked into the house! He was a genuinely sweet, kind, mixed-up, hilariously funny young man and we all loved him!

Kate is a nice girl, and I was really pleased that she won BB3 but she didn't have star potential, none of the BB3 lot did. I'm glad to see her getting some work though, maybe if she sticks to it and develops her presenting technique she'll improve and go onto better things.

:thumbs:

Mairi
19-01-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Janette
I think everyone could tell Brian would be a star as soon as he walked into the house! He was a genuinely sweet, kind, mixed-up, hilariously funny young man and we all loved him!

Agreed!!

However, Helen was also genuinely sweet, totally endearing, kind and hilariously funny too, although in a different way to Brian.

I do feel that she could have become just as much of a star as Brian has with the right management and I'm sad that her potential hasn't been utilised properly.

I still miss seeing her lovely, happy face on my screen.

:wavey:

Romantic Old Bird
19-01-2003, 01:38 PM
Absolutely right as ever Miriam!

Bless her, never mind. She'll just have to console herself with the scenery........

Poor girl.....................

I think she will cope!

Career wise though, I do hope that, as Mc Cawber says, something will turn up!

Helen would be an asset to so many programmes.

i.e. For a new 'Blind Date', hosted by Davina, well they are trying to make it more interesting - so how about they leave the third contestant place open and pluck them from the audience?

They would then need to take on a hairdresser/beautician to get them ready and show the transformation process!
:thumbs:

BusyBee
19-01-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Miriam

However, Helen was also genuinely sweet, totally endearing, kind and hilariously funny too, although in a different way to Brian.

I really miss Helen from our screens. Since I have been home I have been so bored that I have just had to watch my BB2 stuff and Helen on Lorraine. Towards the end she was really very good - very confident and an asset to the programme.

As for Kate I was flicking through programmes the other day and had the misfortune to come across her She is so wooden it is beyond belief. She just didnt look at ease at all. She was quite good on the radio though.

As for Brian he is just a natural. Though I wonder what he will do if he ever leaves SMTV