PDA

View Full Version : Gareth Gates

Graeme
01-02-2002, 07:45 PM
Pop Idol's Gareth asks for directions to overcome stammer

Pop Idol favourite Gareth Gates has been spending his afternoons asking for directions around London.

Gareth's speech therapist has set him the exercise to help overcome his stammer.

The joint favourite to win the show suffered a setback in his speech a few weeks ago.

He said: "'My coach Michael Hay came to London to help me with my speech because I've been having problems recently. He made me go into the street and ask people for directions.

"It's a really hard thing for me to do, but it really helps build my confidence.

"I'm working hard on my speech now. It is possible to overcome a stammer and I want to show people that. I've had lots of letters from people with speech problems who have told me I have inspired them."

Found at -

www.ananova.com/entwertainment/story/sm_486264.html?menu=entertainment.latestheadlines

Pop Idol's Gareth Gates quits school

Pop Idol favourite Gareth Gates has quit college.

The singer has found it impossible to study for his A Levels as well as compete on the ITV show.

School principal John Lewis has backed Gareth's move, predicting he will be a millionaire within a year.

Mr Lewis, head of Dixons City Technology College in Bradford, told The Bradford Telegraph And Argus: "I think he will walk this contest, and it means that in 12 months' time he will be a millionaire.

"I had to countersign his passport application last week. He didn't have one, and I think that is an indication of the ordinary family he comes from. He will now be whisked off to various exotic places.

"The last advice I gave him was 'don't change.' As well as his voice, it's his personality that has got him this far. He is a very nice lad and what you see is what you get. I've had calls from tabloid newspapers asking me to dish the dirt on him, but there isn't any."

Mr Lewis says he is full of admiration for the way Gareth is trying to beat his stammer.

"When he's at ease with his friends he can chat away, but put him under pressure it's the opposite. That's what makes his current achievement so incredible.

"It is a gift from God - he can sing like a bird."

Gareth joins Darius Danesh and William Young for the penultimate night of Pop Idol this Saturday.

found at -

www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_510544.html?menu=entertainment.latestheadlines

Honey
02-02-2002, 09:05 AM
Thanks Graeme!
I'm very impressed with Gareth. His singing and everything that makes him special and hopefully the winner of PopIdol is very evident. Sometimes peoples comments about his unfortunate stammer can be cruel and alot has been said that he is getting the majority of winning votes because the public feel sorry for him. I'm sure this might be the case with a handful, but surely we as viewers can see beyond that? Gareth comes across as a lovely person, talented, and very good looking and with alot of charisma; the fact that he has to battle with his speech and does it with grace and good humour only adds to his charm.
Gareth's college principle seems a very decent person and has a good understanding of him.
I too wish Gareth all the best for the future and hope apart from overcoming his stammer which will make life easier for him, that he never changes.
GARETH TO WIN! :flower:

Graeme
03-02-2002, 06:40 PM
Pop Idol star Gareth Gates is to be hypnotised by Paul McKenna to overcome his stammer. :colour::dance::colour::dance::dazzler::dazzler:

Gareth Gates told News Of TheWorld
" I've never been hypnotised before but I think Paul McKenna is fantastic and I'm definately going to give it a try.":colour:

Honey
03-02-2002, 08:55 PM
Thanks again Graeme. It would be such a breakthrough for Gareth if Paul McKenna could help him in this way. I wonder if he has done this kind of thing before, by that I mean helped someone else overcome their stammer, I presume he has? :flower:

Graeme
04-02-2002, 04:31 PM
The final episode of Pop Idol will take place this week at the later time of 7.10pm and the results will be announced at 10.05pm. The pub will just have to wait:bawling::bawling::bawling:

COME ON GARETH!!!!:dazzler::dazzler::dazzler::dazzler:

Janette
04-02-2002, 10:58 PM
Oh good, I can get the kids off to bed and sit down with a glass of wine and watch the results!

Lovely!!!! :laugh:

Janette
05-02-2002, 08:32 PM
There's a report today on AOL news that Uri Geller wants to programme gareth's brain to stop him stammering.

How dangerous is this man? :mad:

He seems to think he can do anything, when we all know he's just a con artist who bends spoons. He shouldn't be allowed to say things like that to someone with a real problem like Gareth, it so unfair to claim you can cure someone when all you're doing is getting your name in the news again! :mad::nono::nono::mad:

Honey
05-02-2002, 11:58 PM
In the words of 'whatshisname' in the Harry Enfield sketch....Uri Geller...NO!!!!! :nono:

Graeme
08-02-2002, 03:07 PM
Gareth Gates could become an Opera Idol

Gareth Gates says if he doesn't win Pop Idol he could become an opera star instead.

He says he has been offered a place at the Royal Northern College of Music.

Gareth says if nothing comes from his appearances on Pop Idol he will study opera.

"I am classically trained on all my instruments, piano, guitar, drums, and I also sing. I'm on grade eight for my instruments, which is quite good," he tells the London Evening Standard.

"It's only been in the last eight months that I have decided to sing pop. I was going to go into opera.

"I was going to go to music college in September. I went to an audition and they have now offered me a place to study opera at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester," says Gareth.

"They offered the place to me in the middle of Pop Idol. I have that option open if nothing comes of this, but hopefully something will."

found ananova.com:spin:

Graeme
08-02-2002, 03:10 PM
One tip Gareth, get a singing double. your voice aint powerful enough.

he'll win pop idol any way no need to worry anyone!:thumbs::xyxwave::thumbs:

Graeme
10-02-2002, 07:49 AM
Hard luck Gareth you pannicked to much, but you got a job any way, your gonna be a star!

and as for Will...

I'm gonna get his single/album because Evergreen was fantastic!!!

I hope Nicki Chapman and Simon Fuller Guide him in the right direction.

!!!Come on Gareth.....AND WILL!!!

But I was doing alot of this:bawling::bawling::bawling: when I found out that Gareth had lost but I was :spin::spin::spin: for will because he sang all of his songs brilliantly and Gareth went flat at sometimes.

I have no prblem with Will just the fact that .....

Simon, Nicki... GET HIM A NEW JUMPER!!! He looks like a Grandpa wearing these!

:dance::dance: - Will Gareth - :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Honey
11-02-2002, 01:16 PM
I too was guttted Gareth didn't win, but heartened by the fact that he will do just as well without the Pop Idol title.
Will was great and good luck to him, but in my opinion Gareth definitely outshone him on Saturday night.
I hope they both get to 'number one', I think you could safely put a bet on that they will!
:flower: