PDA

View Full Version : Next England captain

alex_front2
20-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Gerrard no longer seems inspirational or special.

I know you shouldn't judge a player on press conferences as he may be great in the changing room but on pitch Gerrard now just seems inert and languid. It's not simply an age thing as Italy's Buffon was great in the Euros. I feel like SG's coasting on his champions league heroics, and I feel anyone half decent could have acheived what Liverpool achieved in 2014. Compare and contrast with other captains eg Chilean keeper Bravo, Holland's 2 captain's RVP and Robben, Australia's Mile Jedinak. When those guys do press conferences and interviews there's a massive spark and even I sit up and listen. Gerrard is a spent force.

We need a new player with leadership qualities and actually someone under 28 who's brave and can lead by example and vocally imo. Joe Hart and Tim Cahill have been leading the troops more than Gerrard.

Locke.
20-06-2014, 03:50 PM
Thread lost all credibility with the second line.

Drew.
20-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Gerrard no longer seems inspirational or special.

I know you shouldn't judge a player on press conferences as he may be great in the changing room but on pitch Gerrard now just seems inert and languid. It's not simply an age thing as Italy's Buffon was great in the Euros. I feel like SG's coasting on his champions league heroics, and I feel anyone half decent could have acheived what Liverpool achieved in 2014. Compare and contrast with other captains eg Chilean keeper Bravo, Holland's 2 captain's RVP and Robben, Australia's Mile Jedinak. When those guys do press conferences and interviews there's a massive spark and even I sit up and listen. Gerrard is a spent force.

We need a new player with leadership qualities and actually someone under 28 who's brave and can lead by example and vocally imo. Joe Hart and Tim Cahill have been leading the troops more than Gerrard.

:joker: :joker:

GiRTh
20-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Its time for Mr Scouse to call time on his England career. England need a bit more energy in the midfield so Henderson can go too.

Rooney will probably be named Captain.

Locke.
20-06-2014, 04:21 PM
Its time for Mr Scouse to call time on his England career. England need a bit more energy in the midfield so Henderson can go too.

Rooney will probably be named Captain.

Er.... :joker:

GiRTh
20-06-2014, 04:28 PM
Er.... :joker:I'm glad you agree. The bloke cant even run properly.

King Gizzard
20-06-2014, 04:29 PM
Henderson

Locke.
20-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Just a huge contradiction. We need more energy in midfield so lets take out the one midfield player we have that has energy.

I can understand the Gerrard stuff, and I agree it's time for him to step down from the England squad, but wanting Henderson out is just an absolutely clueless opinion.

Brother Leon
20-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Joe Hart. As shaky his form may be I can't fault his passion and leadership.

InOne
20-06-2014, 05:05 PM
The next England captain will be the one on their flight home.

GiRTh
20-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Just a huge contradiction. We need more energy in midfield so lets take out the one midfield player we have that has energy.

I can understand the Gerrard stuff, and I agree it's time for him to step down from the England squad, but wanting Henderson out is just an absolutely clueless opinion.
Not totally get rid of Henderson but cut down his role in the team.

Drew.
20-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Not totally get rid of Henderson but cut down his role in the team.

Who would your 3 centre midfielders be?

GiRTh
20-06-2014, 05:24 PM
three from Milner, Henderson, Willshire, Barkley, Ox etc

Brother Leon
20-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Henderson
Wilshere
Barkley

Should of been the midfield three this time.

Samuel.
20-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Gerrard will retire after this tournament I'm pretty sure. And it's for the best.

"I feel like SG's coasting on his champions league heroics, and I feel anyone half decent could have acheived what Liverpool achieved in 2014."

but what does any of this even mean lul

He's been poor for England but he's hardly a spent force for Liverpool last season

alex_front2
23-06-2014, 01:21 PM
Lampard played poor in the warm up game, why is he the captain for the CR game? We might as well put captaincy on a young buck like Barclay, Shaw or another of the 'kids'. Wake them the fu** up a bit, RB needs to get a bit more character and LS needs to realise this is not a club 18-25 holiday.

Ryan57
23-06-2014, 02:36 PM
Can only think that Lampard will retire from international football, so Woy is giving him the armband.

alex_front2
23-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Can only think that Lampard will retire from international football, so Woy is giving him the armband.

Well that's all well and lovely but FL rarely cut it for me as an England player, he only turned up for Chelsea. Roy needs to forget sentiment we need to give one of the kids the armband. One of them will lead England and I think a few of them need a shot in the arm and kick up the bum that new captaincy brings.

Ryan57
24-06-2014, 01:28 AM
Well that's all well and lovely but FL rarely cut it for me as an England player, he only turned up for Chelsea. Roy needs to forget sentiment we need to give one of the kids the armband. One of them will lead England and I think a few of them need a shot in the arm and kick up the bum that new captaincy brings.

Wouldn't say it matters about Lampard being captain really. Pointless game where we'll play dire football as always.