PDA

View Full Version : New Reality TV show set in London bar

Kaz
22-01-2003, 11:07 AM
Story from Ananova

ITV has unveiled plans for a new reality TV show set in a London bar.

The Club will see three celebrities take control of one of the bars at Nylon, the retro-themed, two-floored bar in London's Addle Street.

They will battle it out to make their bar, which is open to the public, the coolest in the capital.

Every week for the six-week duration of the show each celebrity will nominate a member of their team to get the sack.

TV viewers will then be asked to vote for the team member they want to lose their job and the sacking will take place on live TV.

Open auditions will then be held to fill the vacant position and get a chance at winning a prize.

Auditions for team members have already started for the show, which is due to be broadcast in March.

It will be shown five nights a week on ITV2 with the live sackings broadcast on ITV1 once a week, reports Media Guardian (http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,879478,00.html)
The as-yet-unnamed celebrities - although Donna Air is rumoured to be taking part . . . . . . .
Donna Air? :conf:

They're going to have to come up with better celebrities than this to get the public interested, I think! :laugh:

It does seem quite a good idea, though . . . . . what do you think? :spin2:

Sticks
22-01-2003, 02:07 PM
The expression "Flagelation of a deceased equine" comes to mind :nono:

Anyone recall "Bar Wars" by any chance ????

jbellemeg
22-01-2003, 06:54 PM
I remember Bar Wars,sticks.
That was at least in a better setting than a bar in London.
If you got fed up with watching you could always look at the scenery.
Don't fancy this at all.
I wonder who the stars??? will be if this goes ahead.
:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep: