PDA

View Full Version : Ainslie

Amy
22-01-2003, 06:12 PM
Ainslie's new video will be on The Box as of friday after 5pm for those Ainslie fans out there :xyxwave:

LEE
22-01-2003, 06:13 PM
Brilliant Amy.

I look forward to seeing it. :hugesmile:

:dazzler:

Janette
22-01-2003, 06:40 PM
What song has he done?

:conf::conf::conf::conf::conf:

Kaz
22-01-2003, 06:45 PM
He's releasing 'Keep Me a Secret', Janette. :dazzler:

I'm not too sure that's the right song for Ainslie's debut single, but fingers crossed I'm wrong. :thumbs:

LEE
22-01-2003, 06:50 PM
I love 'Keep me a secret'.

I'm sure it will do well. :thumbs:

:flower:

WILDCHILD
22-01-2003, 08:21 PM
Dunno about the song but I loved Ainsley. Look forward to hearing it and seeing it!:laugh:

I also want Lemar to get back into the spotlight - he was the BEST!!!!:dazzler::love::dazzler::love:

LEE
22-01-2003, 08:25 PM
I also want Lemar to get back into the spotlight - he was the BEST!!!!
We definitely have to agree to differ on this one Wildchild. He was OK, but I would put David, followed by Ainslie, followed by Sinead, way out in front of him.

I still hope he does well though, but I'll never be much of a fan and probably wouldn't buy anything of his.

Amy
22-01-2003, 08:30 PM
I have to agree with you there LEE :thumbs: Lemar was never one of my faves in the academy, i hope he does well too but i have to say Sinead, David and Ainslie are all better! I also feel Lemar could do so much better than appearing at butlins

BigSister
23-01-2003, 11:35 AM
This is great

I liked Keep me a secret:thumbs:

Romantic Old Bird
23-01-2003, 05:30 PM
I liked Ainslie. Not at first, because I thought he was abit contrived and playing 'odd'.

He also looks spookily like my rotter of an ex brother in law, which I appreciate is entirely not his fault!!!:laugh:

However, he grew on me, and I think he has more originality and talent than the others.

I actually really liked Lemar, fantastic vocal talent, and just needs the right management and direction.

Loved Malachi as a person, but not a great fan of his vocal abilities. He has a pretty voice when in key, but doesn't seem to FEEL the music somehow. His 'Vincent' seemed to me to be accented in all the wrong places. I LOVE Don McLean's version (who would have thought the man with the ostrich would have so many talents!). It moves me to tears when I hear it, because he wrote it and feels passionately about the artist.

I can almost hear Malachi asking 'Vincent who?'

The lurve thang with Sinead left me strangely (with my track record!) unmoved, and I find it hard to forgive her for voting Ainslie out.

David - I like him and hope he will develop his songwriting skills and follow that direction. I don't think he is the winner the series creators envisaged though.

Good series though, I thought it combined all the best elements of Reality TV and was some compensation for the horror of BB3.

Back to Ainslie........

Hope he has a MASSIVE hit!

Davina
23-01-2003, 06:29 PM
I think the reason why Malachi didn't seem to feel Vincent to some people is that Carrie was making him smile and "charm" the audience. He was very unsure about this because he felt it was a sad song. Carrie should have left well alone instead of trying to turn him into a cabaret singer.

If you watched the live feed Malachi was the most emotional singer in there when just sat with his guitar at the acoustic sessions but the powers that be obviously didn't see this image as "marketable". A bit of a loss to those who only watched the highlights and Friday show.

I'm afraid I never got over the impression that Ainslie was contrived (and a bit devious), and couldn't stand his "performances".

em
24-01-2003, 02:29 PM
yay, yay, yay, yay, yay!!!! :hugesmile: love Ainslie!!!:hugesmile::spin::hugesmile::hello::thum bs: yay!

peachy
24-01-2003, 05:23 PM
I'm totally in agreement with you Davina, as regards Malachi. I know that most people on here don't agree with me but I loved the way Malachi sang when he was left to do his own thing. As for not feeling the song ROB, well I can just about forgive you as you didn't have the live feed but I think you are SO wrong. I heard the Don Maclean original on radio a couple of weeks ago and if you think that's better I'm amazed.

Anyway, on to Ainslie. Just watched KMAS video on The Box (thanks Amy). It was VERY Ainslie by which I mean slightly OTT, very androgenous, and I can see as many people hating it as loving it. He is mainly on a bed fantasising with lots of different women but the end of the video is great when his girlfriend comes back and almost catches him and he looks all shamefaced and cute. So, probably if you like Ainslie you'll love it, but whether enough people will buy the single when it is already on the FA album I'm not sure. It does sound slightly different however. I hope it does do well.

BigSister
24-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Ive seen it as well and I thought it was ok. I just caught it in the middle though

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

LEE
24-01-2003, 05:39 PM
Still think Malachi is really wooden, sorry, and the thought of comparing him to the Don Maclean original just makes me want to laugh. :laugh:

Di2001
25-01-2003, 09:55 AM
Not managed to catch Ainslie's video yet when I've been channel-hopping through the music channels.

It sounds good so hope to watch it soon.

:dazzler::dazzler::dazzler::dazzler:

peachy
25-01-2003, 10:39 AM
My aim in life is to make you and ROB laugh, Lee. So pleased to know I've succeeded again. :xyxwave:

Mairi
25-01-2003, 10:53 AM
You're not alone, Peachy. I loved Malachi too and his version of Vincent made me cry. I thought it was absolutely beautiful.

I do hope we see more of him because I did read that he'd been offered a recording contract too.

:hello:

peachy
25-01-2003, 11:26 AM
Nice to know I'm not alone ,Miriam. Malachi has indeed been given a recording contract by Mercury. He has a single due to be released in March with an album to follow. :xyxwave:

Di2001
25-01-2003, 06:37 PM
Just caught the end of this video whilst flicking up and down the channels.

Ainslie really grew on me towards the end of FA and I was really sorry to see him go. Hope he does well.

Looks very cheeky (and naughtyish) in this video I thought! :shocked:

Boris
26-01-2003, 04:06 PM
All very contraversial.........

My opinion - Ainslie tho' very chiarismatic[sp.?] personality wise , was a 'contrived ' performer and at times made me squirm.I too would probably have voted him out VERY quickly - but then I would have voted Lemar out ASAP good tho he was at what he did , he had no originality and I personally just don't like that style of singing or performing.

The live link showed Malachi at his best without interference from the tutors. They should have known to leave 'well alone'. Malachi made Pam cry with his rendering of 'Vincent' when he did it live and unacompanied. It was exquisite.In fact Don Mc WHO?????could have taken a few tips from him.

I can't wait to hear his first record and hope it does well.

I think Ainslie fancied himself as another Freddie Mercury and there will only ever be one of those.

:dazzler::dazzler::dazzler:

Boris
27-01-2003, 03:39 PM
Although not wishing to be thought of as one who drags old issues up BUT......

having resisted the urge to buy the FA CD I weakened in ASDA yesterday and listened to it on the morning run today. I could not elieve my ears when the first track started with Ainslie singing What would you do if I sang out of tune...........!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I was LOL ing all the way to school.I do not believe it was accidental but a big rude sign from the compilers to all those who took Ainslie to task for doing just that when he sang so badly so often !
What does anyone else think or is it too far in the past to be of interest any more ?

:dazzler::dazzler::dazzler::dazzler::dazzler:

peachy
27-01-2003, 05:03 PM
I hadn't thought about this despite having listened to the CD lots of times. It is funny. I must say I shall think about it every time I hear a little help from my friends, but you know 'it is part of his genre. Ainslie is allowed to sing out of tune', lol.

Boris
27-01-2003, 07:42 PM
Peachy ...... it is part of his genre. Ainslie is allowed to sing out of tune', lol.

That's what 'THEY' would have us believe Peachy old friend.......I beg to differ !

:shocked::dazzler::shocked::dazzler::shocked:

peachy
29-01-2003, 05:48 PM
What does everyone think of Ainslie's video then. Have most seen it now? I am wondering if too many people already know the song from FA to go out and buy it when it's released. What do you think?:xyxwave:

Amy
29-01-2003, 05:51 PM
I'm still waiting to see the video on the box :mad: I've seen a clip off of the saturday show but that's it! I have to say i think Ainslie's great and i will be buying the single but i'm looking forward to Sinead's single more :xyxwave:

LEE
29-01-2003, 06:01 PM
I love 'Keep me a Secret' and I'll definitely be buying it as well Amy, however I do think that peachy has a point as it is already on the FA album so quite a lot of potential buyers will already have it.

I have seen the video several times on The Box now and quite like it. It's certainly mad and typically Ainslie :laugh: I love the naughty look on his face at the very end. :laugh:

Amy
29-01-2003, 06:07 PM
I love 'Keep me a Secret' and I'll definitely be buying it as well Amy, however I do think that peachy has a point as it is already on the FA album so quite a lot of potential buyers will already have it.

I totally agree, i just hope that he will still get to number 1 :spin2:

Amy
31-01-2003, 09:11 AM
Here's some new news on Ainslie Click Here (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/192/daily/page.cfm?objectid=12588354&method=full&siteid=89488) :wavey:

LEE
31-01-2003, 10:36 AM
In the aforementioned Daily Record article they mentioned a picture but didn't show it.

Here it is :hugesmile:

http://www.ilikemusic.com/Content/ainsleepress.jpg

Romantic Old Bird
31-01-2003, 12:08 PM
OK, let's spoil all you Ainslie fans....

CLICK HERE.........BUT SHHHHHHH, DON'T TELL ANYBODY! (http://www.wavsworld.com/wavs/wavs%203/Ainslie%20-%20Keep%20me%20a%20secret!.wav)

ENJOY

malachi rules
31-01-2003, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the download. How do you add links to mp3's to this site. I've got a number of Ainslie songs either saved to my laptop or on various yahoo groups and I'm quite happy to make them available if someone can tell me how to do it.

http://www.malachi-cush.moonfruit.com