PDA

View Full Version : Chris is the most two-faced person in there...

Headie
18-07-2014, 10:42 PM
He never says anything that he does in the diary room to their faces. He literally just sits on the fence and then when he goes in the DR he's like a different person :shrug:

Shaun
18-07-2014, 10:44 PM
yes, well, everyone who "sez it 2 ur face xx" ends up evicted by week 3, don't they toya hayden?

reece(:
18-07-2014, 10:44 PM
I'd be able to like him if he'd stick up for what he believes in and say more out of the DR instead of bitching in there all the time.

smudgie
18-07-2014, 10:47 PM
I suppose he plays the game in a less nasty way, and will probably stay longer for it.
Not that bad a gameplay really if it works.

Yaki da
18-07-2014, 10:47 PM
He was worried Bianca was going to take Helen away from him :laugh:

Josy
18-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Chris isn't any more two faced than the rest of them.

mrflibble
18-07-2014, 10:49 PM
How is it two faced to keep a professional and tolerable relationship with people that you have to live with 24/7 and then talking about his day with BB in private? It's not like he's saying he loves everyone in the house and the going to the DR and saying he hates their guts. Look at Danielle being friendly with him in the house and then nominating him for eviction for some two-facedness. I do wish he would stand up for himself a little more in confrontations, but I understand why he doesn't because those people don't listen. He also said in his VT he'd probably apologize if someone punched him in the face and he's not really wrong...

Headie
I'd be able to like him if he'd stick up for what he believes in and say more out of the DR instead of bitching in there all the time.

This.

Chris isn't any more two faced than the rest of them.

If you say so :pat:

Josy
He was worried Bianca was going to take Helen away from him :laugh:

No...it was clear what he was worried about and he also said himself he didn't like Biannca dragging Helen away to bitch about other housemates when they just had all finally started getting along.

MeMyselfAndI
Chris exposed how two faced everyone in the house is

Josy
18-07-2014, 10:50 PM
This.

If you say so :pat:

Yeah I did say so since it was my opinion, isn't that what you made the thread for to get peoples opinions? :huh:

And some housemates have been a lot more two face than Chris has in the DR.

Heaven = Winner
18-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Wouldn't say two-faced, but I don't like how against confrontation he is (even running away from an argument that didn't even involve him, iirc) knowing that a show like Big Brother thrives on confrontation.

LukeB
18-07-2014, 10:51 PM
He was right what he said in the diary room about not exposing helen

jessicadanielle
I find it a little weird to call someone two faced for what they say in the diary room. I dunno, I guess I just feel like the diary room is a place to vent. It's called the diary room for a reason, it's a place to sort of record your personal thoughts.

You don't ALWAYS have to voice ALL of your opinions to people's faces. He rarely bitches about people.. Like he said the other day, twice he's done it in the house and both times it's been revealed in some way.

Basically, I don't think he's two faced just because he voices stuff in the DR and chooses not to voice it all the time. EVERYONE thinks things about people that they don't say to their face.. It'd be complete chaos if they did and it's pretty cruel. Not sure why "I'm a person who tells it how it is!!!" is considered such a positive trait

Jake.
Or he's just a pleasent bloke who doesn't do confrontation?

Headie
18-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Yeah I did say so since it was my opinion, isn't that what you made the thread for to get peoples opinions? :huh:

And some housemates have been a lot more two face than Chris has in the DR.

I think your opinion is wrong, from what I've seen Chris is a different character in the Diary Room! :pat:

Macie Lightfoot
18-07-2014, 10:53 PM
yes, well, everyone who "sez it 2 ur face xx" ends up evicted by week 3, don't they toya hayden?

:joker: BOOM.

Anyway, I don't get the whole obsession with "say it 2 ma face xxx" like, that's not how people operate in the real world at all. Everyone talks behind each other's backs in there and quite frankly it's a much more peaceful route to take. If we had a house full of everyone telling it to everyone's faces we'd essentially have a house full of Helens which is a true post-apocalyptic nightmare.

Yaki da
18-07-2014, 10:54 PM
No...it was clear what he was worried about and he also said himself he didn't like Biannca dragging Helen away to bitch about other housemates when they just had all finally started getting along.

Yeah, but it's the language he uses. It's smarmy. Like when he was confronted by Jale and he just meekly accepted he had done wrong and didn't actually stand by anything he had said at all.

Lister of Smeg
18-07-2014, 10:55 PM
Chris is to real for the fools in there :smug:

jessicadanielle
18-07-2014, 10:56 PM
Yeah, but it's the language he uses. It's smarmy. Like when he was confronted by Jale and he just meekly accepted he had done wrong and didn't actually stand by anything he had said at all.

Did you see the full Youtube clip of that conversation? I felt like he held his own a bit more than the edit in the highlights

Headie
18-07-2014, 10:56 PM
Watching people act differently depending on the room they're in is not entertaining. I want consistency.

Yaki da
18-07-2014, 10:57 PM
Did you see the full Youtube clip of that conversation? I felt like he held his own a bit more than the edit in the highlights

Can you direct me to it?

Bluerang1
He even has a chin for each face

Amy Jade
To his defence it has kept him in, Toya, Pauline and Helen have proved being upfront is not favoured.

reece(:
18-07-2014, 10:58 PM
It's quite hypocritical that Chris' constant bitching is acceptable but it's different for any other HM.

Josy
18-07-2014, 10:59 PM

We don't see it all though and I think he done well getting his point across to Helen the other day without things descending into an argument for example, they don't all have to get things out in the open by screaming and shouting at each other and like others have posted Chris doesn't seem the type to enjoy confrontation, it's also not good in the long run if you argue a lot as the evictees this year prove.

Bluerang1
18-07-2014, 11:00 PM
It's quite hypocritical that Chris' constant bitching is acceptable but it's different for any other HM.

It's because he's a white male.

LeatherTrumpet
Not here for any chris shade

Bye

Headie
He even has a chin for each face

:joker:

Lister of Smeg
18-07-2014, 11:01 PM

You being racists :nono:

Yaki da
18-07-2014, 11:02 PM
We don't see it all though and I think he done well getting his point across to Helen the other day without things descending into an argument for example, they don't all have to get things out in the open by screaming and shouting at each other and like others have posted Chris doesn't seem the type to enjoy confrontation, it's also not good in the long run if you argue a lot as the evictees this year prove.

I agree with that. But to me it sometimes comes across as a man wriggling his way out of situations.

Bluerang1
18-07-2014, 11:02 PM
You being racists :nono:

Yes I'm being racist.

Headie
18-07-2014, 11:06 PM
To his defence it has kept him in, Toya, Pauline and Helen have proved being upfront is not favoured.

There's no denying it's a great gameplan! It can't fail!

But I dislike how he's slating others off in the Diary Room for being fake or whatever, when he doesn't say any of this to their faces!

jessicadanielle
18-07-2014, 11:08 PM
Can you direct me to it?

I'm not sure how to embed videos but here's the link http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eBovTYXwtEk. At about 1:35 and 2:35 he's trying to explain his side and stuff but she just talks over him. If I remember correctly, in the highlights it basically just showed Jale having a go at him and him saying "yeah you're right I shouldn't have, sorry"

mrflibble
18-07-2014, 11:21 PM
Bitching is just trivial gossip or insults, eg calling someone a slug. Chris doesn't really bitch, he just gives observations. He vents, he complains but he's not really insulting or mean.

Yaki da
18-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Bitching is just trivial gossip or insults, eg calling someone a slug. Chris doesn't really bitch, he just gives observations. He vents, he complains but he's not really insulting or mean.

He does very clever character assassinations in the diary room, knowing full well people are never seen as being a bitch or said to be saying things "behind people's backs" when you do it in there.

My alarm bells went off with Chris back when the men were facing the chop and he gave that speech about what a tough year he had. There's something smarmy about a man laying it on that thick in a situation like that. Winston turning it into a joke was a far more honest thing to do and Marlon's awkwardness was totally genuine as well. Chris? I just don't trust the guy.

Marsh.
18-07-2014, 11:55 PM

Yes, Helen and Ashleigh don't get pulled up on their two faced bitching because they're white. Matthew didn't get pulled up on being an arsehole or Steven for being an are licking/two faced twat because they're white males. Jale wasn't completely torn apart after finally joining the group she was against.

It's only the black females Toya and Pauline that have been picked out. Oh, it must be about their skin. Bore off.

JTM45
19-07-2014, 01:10 AM
Chris and Curistopher are without doubt the most decent people in there in my opinion!
Everyone talks about other people in there. Chris just does the same but tries to do it in the way that will cause the least crap and arguments. Similar really to what Christopher does and again, Christopher is a really decent, good-hearted person!

What Chris said about Bianca and Helen was absolutely correct! Bianca was bringing in info from the outside with the sole intention of stirring things up and when she told Helen in the toilet they both bitched about Danielle. He was spot-on! :shrug:

Being non-confrontational, in my opinion, is a good trait. These gobsh*tes who try to justify their mean and bitchy actions by saying "i'm just up-front me. I just say things to people's faces instead of behind their backs" are just full of it. They still bitch behind people's backs, usually to a far greater degree than anyone else, but when they get drunk or get caught out they just use the same old "i'm just up-front" bullsh*t line to try and squirm out of the situation.

Videostar
19-07-2014, 01:12 AM
He never says anything that he does in the diary room to their faces. He literally just sits on the fence and then when he goes in the DR he's like a different person :shrug:

He is meant to give his opinions in the DR, they all are.

Marsh.
19-07-2014, 01:15 AM
Yeah, when housemates are accused of being "two faced" it's not really about their diary room sessions. The whole point of the diary room is the housemates to give their thoughts and feelings on Big Brother, including those they choose not to voice in the house.

That's not the same as Helen bitching about Danielle or Toya bitching about Helen.

I wouldn't say any of them are two faced based on their diary room talks, as that's the purpose of it, to vent and talk. Bitching between themselves in the house is when they're labelled two faced.

Donovan.
19-07-2014, 01:24 AM
Keeping your opinions to yourself=/=being two faced or fake. At least to me, two-faced/fake is somebody who'll be nice to someone else and then awful behind their back, think Caroline about Becky. He just doesn't feel the need to throw his opinions out to anybody with ears (in the house at least). Although I get the feeling that even if he did feel the need to voice an opinion, he'd be cautious about it. Call him cowardly and I can maybe see where you're coming from, but fake and two-faced are a reach.

jet
19-07-2014, 01:48 AM
Well all I know is Chris says what I am feeling. He can't stand the majority of people in the house and neither can I. What he said in the DR tonight about people 'telling it like it is to their faces is bull****' is so spot on. He's like an outside commentator giving us the rundown on the real dynamics of the house.
He hates confrontation and would rather say 'I was wrong' than get into an argument, which shows he doesn't have an inflated ego like most of the wannabees. How many people can you say that about? He's intelligent, observant and unaffected by all the crap going on around him and that makes him refreshingly different.
He's a great HM.

fitz2k2
19-07-2014, 01:51 AM
chris can utterly destroy each housemate but it to easy for him.Chris to win!

Yaki da
19-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Yeah, when housemates are accused of being "two faced" it's not really about their diary room sessions. The whole point of the diary room is the housemates to give their thoughts and feelings on Big Brother, including those they choose not to voice in the house.

No, the point of the diary room is to put on a performance for the audience. Victor (bb5) understood this. What's interesting is that to this day the viewers have never questioned whether or not the people who perform well in there are trying to manipulate them.

That's not the same as Helen bitching about Danielle or Toya bitching about Helen.

I wouldn't say any of them are two faced based on their diary room talks, as that's the purpose of it, to vent and talk. Bitching between themselves in the house is when they're labelled two faced.

In some ways doing that in the diary room is more suspicious. Everyone will need to go off an vent and the more natural thing to do is to go off into a corner with another person and do it. When someone goes to the diary room to do a character assassination it feels somehow more manipulative to me. And it is clearly being done "behind the back" without that person having any right of reply or to defend themself.

Yaki da
19-07-2014, 08:15 AM
Well all I know is Chris says what I am feeling. He can't stand the majority of people in the house and neither can I. What he said in the DR tonight about people 'telling it like it is to their faces is bull****' is so spot on. He's like an outside commentator giving us the rundown on the real dynamics of the house.

But he never says anything to their faces either. He never stands up for what he seems to believe and instead wriggles his way out of the situation when he's caught out.

He hates confrontation and would rather say 'I was wrong' than get into an argument

Sounds like a weak person to me. And insincere.

which shows he doesn't have an inflated ego like most of the wannabees. How many people can you say that about? He's intelligent, observant and unaffected by all the crap going on around him and that makes him refreshingly different.
He's a great HM.

He's okay. But the crap going on around him with Danielle was important to understanding who she was. Imagine his response to someone coming in and saying things about Nasty Nick.

chuff me dizzy
19-07-2014, 08:26 AM
No,no,no Hayden Chris is the nicest most genuine person in there

Lister of Smeg
19-07-2014, 09:11 AM
No,no,no Hayden Chris is the nicest most genuine person in there

He's salt of the earth Chuff :thumbs:

susie q
19-07-2014, 09:13 AM
Chris and Curistopher are without doubt the most decent people in there in my opinion!
Everyone talks about other people in there. Chris just does the same but tries to do it in the way that will cause the least crap and arguments. Similar really to what Christopher does and again, Christopher is a really decent, good-hearted person!

What Chris said about Bianca and Helen was absolutely correct! Bianca was bringing in info from the outside with the sole intention of stirring things up and when she told Helen in the toilet they both bitched about Danielle. He was spot-on! :shrug:

Being non-confrontational, in my opinion, is a good trait. These gobsh*tes who try to justify their mean and bitchy actions by saying "i'm just up-front me. I just say things to people's faces instead of behind their backs" are just full of it. They still bitch behind people's backs, usually to a far greater degree than anyone else, but when they get drunk or get caught out they just use the same old "i'm just up-front" bullsh*t line to try and squirm out of the situation.

Like this post, I think that they have also both got fed up off trying to get there points across to people who just dont listen, and usually just talk over them. The diary room is also a good place for someone to go and let off steam. Especially after being on the receiving end of one of the "Im just up front" gangs tirade. Im fed up with the people who just use this as reason for
being downright rude & nasty.

Marc
19-07-2014, 09:14 AM
Chris is decent and not an attention seeking trollop

Yaki da
Keeping your opinions to yourself=/=being two faced or fake. At least to me, two-faced/fake is somebody who'll be nice to someone else and then awful behind their back, think Caroline about Becky. He just doesn't feel the need to throw his opinions out to anybody with ears (in the house at least).

Yes, but exactly... He throws his opinions out to the public in an effort to curry favour with them.

Although I get the feeling that even if he did feel the need to voice an opinion, he'd be cautious about it. Call him cowardly and I can maybe see where you're coming from, but fake and two-faced are a reach.

Why? His character assassinations take place in the diary room. They're done behind the back, without the person having any right of reply or chance to defend themself.

Marc
:clap2:

Yaki da
Chris is decent and not an attention seeking trollop

He looks like he's desperate for attention in the diary room to me.

Yaki da
19-07-2014, 09:16 AM
Like this post, I think that they have also both got fed up off trying to get there points across to people who just dont listen, and usually just talk over them. The diary room is also a good place for someone to go and let off steam.

Why is it acceptable to go to the diary room and let off steam but not go off with a person and have a bitch with them? The latter seems far more honest and natural to me. Going to the diary room is about putting a performance on for the audience.

Especially after being on the receiving end of one of the "Im just up front" gangs tirade. Im fed up with the people who just use this as reason for
being downright rude & nasty.

I don't condone it either. But Chris is going after people's characters in the diary room, but because he's bitching to us, the audience, rather than to another person he's being thought of as good for doing it. The truth is what he's doing is more manipulative.

Patricia4
19-07-2014, 09:17 AM
Everyone does that in the diary room they have all said things in there that have not been said in the house to the person.
He's OK Chris.

Marc
19-07-2014, 09:18 AM

Everybody is the exact same in the DR so I don't see your point.

Lister of Smeg
19-07-2014, 09:20 AM

Chris cant help being observant there are some rather pathetic individual's in that house :shrug:

Lister of Smeg
19-07-2014, 09:21 AM

Haters gonna Hate :shrug:

waterhog
19-07-2014, 09:23 AM
i think he will up his game - just building confidence - done in a brill way.

Yaki da
19-07-2014, 09:29 AM

No, they're not. I haven't seen Winston do that in the diary room, unless it was for nominations for example.

The likes of Victor, Kemal, Derek Laud and Chris all knew what they were doing in the diary room. Putting on a performance, and they all did it very differently.

Yaki da
19-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Haters gonna Hate :shrug:

Why is it no one can have a debate anymore and instead just call people "Haters"

Marc
19-07-2014, 09:33 AM
No, they're not. I haven't seen Winston do that in the diary room, unless it was for nominations for example.

The likes of Victor, Kemal, Derek Laud and Chris all knew what they were doing in the diary room. Putting on a performance, and they all did it very differently.

That's because Winston is so neutral his opinions don't matter, he's probably said bad things but I don't think he even nows what's going on most days lol

Yaki da
19-07-2014, 09:34 AM
That's because Winston is so neutral his opinions don't matter

He's not neutral though. He takes very strong positions on things like Marlon pressing the button and many of us think Winston puts it on to make himself look good in the eyes of the public. I personally agree with that view. I think Winston is false.

But I think a similar case can be made against Chris with what he does in the diary room.

Marsh.
19-07-2014, 01:22 PM
No, the point of the diary room is to put on a performance for the audience. Victor (bb5) understood this. What's interesting is that to this day the viewers have never questioned whether or not the people who perform well in there are trying to manipulate them.

In some ways doing that in the diary room is more suspicious. Everyone will need to go off an vent and the more natural thing to do is to go off into a corner with another person and do it. When someone goes to the diary room to do a character assassination it feels somehow more manipulative to me. And it is clearly being done "behind the back" without that person having any right of reply or to defend themself.

Oh whatever. :sleep:

They can use the diary room to manipulate but the purpose of the room is somewhere they can vent, hence why housemates go there to whinge and moan about others when they don't want to cause an argument.

There is a reason it's called the "DIARY" room.

Obviously broadcasting footage from it has lessened its purpose over the years.

Me. I Am Salman
19-07-2014, 01:49 PM
chris is not just being 'well mannered' , he clearly thinks the others are below his level but is too afraid to say it in front of them.

Livia
19-07-2014, 02:08 PM
chris is not just being 'well mannered' , he clearly thinks the others are below his level but is too afraid to say it in front of them.

Why would anyone say "Hey, you're below my level"? No one would say that, unless they were an idiot. And frankly, they are mostly below his level.

Hey Salman...

Headie
19-07-2014, 02:10 PM

Well going by that theory, he's still two faced as he was happy to bitch about Biannca to Ashleigh/Christopher/Danielle but started backtracking and apologising when Biannca confronted him about it. Had she not seen it/confronted him over it, would he have said to to her face? I highly doubt it.

Yaki da
19-07-2014, 02:12 PM
Well going by that theory, he's still two faced as he was happy to bitch about Biannca to Ashleigh/Christopher/Danielle but started backtracking and apologising when Biannca confronted him about it. Had she not seen it/confronted him over it, would he have said to to her face? I highly doubt it.

I agree with you. The way he wriggles his way out of these things is smarmy

Marsh.
19-07-2014, 02:13 PM

Now that is a valid example of bitching/two faced. I never said he's not bitched in the house.

My post simply meant that diary room sessions themselves aren't the best examples. The purpose of that room is to say what's on your mind and discuss the other housemates. So diary room conversations don't make a housemate a bitch or two faced, their actions in the actual house do.

Headie
19-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Now that is a valid example of bitching/two faced. I never said he's not bitched in the house.

My post simply meant that diary room sessions themselves aren't the best examples. The purpose of that room is to say what's on your mind and discuss the other housemates. So diary room conversations don't make a housemate a bitch or two faced, their actions in the actual house do.

:clap1:

I agree, however it reality defeats the purpose of a HM being there if they only say their opinions in the DR and are happy to just sit in the house and nit actually offer/contribute/let the others know about how they are feeling.

It just feels almost like he's more concerned about talking to the public than he is about talking to the housemates, and the whole point of the show isn't to interact with the public, it's to interact with your fellow HMs.

anniemay
19-07-2014, 02:51 PM
I love little Chris, his observations in the diary room are always spot on and really entertaining to watch.

Marsh.
19-07-2014, 02:55 PM
:clap1:

I agree, however it reality defeats the purpose of a HM being there if they only say their opinions in the DR and are happy to just sit in the house and nit actually offer/contribute/let the others know about how they are feeling.

It just feels almost like he's more concerned about talking to the public than he is about talking to the housemates, and the whole point of the show isn't to interact with the public, it's to interact with your fellow HMs.

It certainly comes across that way. But I have a sneaky feeling he does have conversations where he discusses things more openly with people he gets along with. But it's never favoured in the edit over showmances and arguing.

Christopher and Ashleigh chatting away and laughing last night took me by surprise. There's all sorts we never see.

MojoNixon
19-07-2014, 03:40 PM

:hello:

Northern Monkey
19-07-2014, 03:52 PM
To be fair to him,I think his cowardice comes accross as two facedness,He just does'nt like confrontation.It's annoying though.

Achilles
19-07-2014, 04:39 PM
When we are watching a housemate and listening to whatever it is they are saying, we can either agree with what they say, or disagree with what they say. If you tend to agree with what a housemate is saying the majority of the time, chances are you will like that housemate. If you tend to disagree with what a housemate is saying the majority of the time, chances are you will dislike that housemate. I agree with what Chris says 90% of the time and he is also a good egg, so that makes him one of the best housemates. If you disagree with what Chris says and you don't care much for good eggs, chances are you not going to be a Chris fan.

mrflibble
19-07-2014, 04:42 PM
From what others have said and the recent video from the task, I think people are confusing two-faced for being tactful and polite. If people have a personal clash with someone at work, do they just have it out with them or do they try and maintain a professional relationship and then come home and complain to their non-work friends later?

Yaki da
19-07-2014, 04:51 PM
From what others have said and the recent video from the task, I think people are confusing two-faced for being tactful and polite. If people have a personal clash with someone at work, do they just have it out with them or do they try and maintain a professional relationship and then come home and complain to their non-work friends later?

Yes, but he's someone who does make cutting remarks about people in the diary room. You can tactfully tell people that you disagree with their behaviour, but he doesn't. He just stores it all up, goes to the diary room, says a couple of supposedly funny things that are actually quite smug and even nasty at times.

And that's about all he has done. And his popularity seems to be based on this.

mrflibble
19-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Yeah but there are people who will listen and people who won't. Most of these housemates wouldn't listen to any criticism he gave them, he knows it's fruitless so he doesn't. And you don't have to tell people every single thing you think. I also don't think his diary room comments are nasty, there is no malice behind anything he says.

jessicadanielle
19-07-2014, 04:59 PM
Yes, but he's someone who does make cutting remarks about people in the diary room. You can tactfully tell people that you disagree with their behaviour, but he doesn't. He just stores it all up, goes to the diary room, says a couple of supposedly funny things that are actually quite smug and even nasty at times.

And that's about all he has done. And his popularity seems to be based on this.

Why do people act as if he's constantly in the DR talking about other people? That really isn't the case. Plus he's complimentary about people a lot of the time too

Tarryn
19-07-2014, 05:40 PM
So Chris is now in the firing line now Danielle has gone ?.
People are nice aren't they (!).
Let's take one of the few good housemates & rip them apart ?.
Awful.
I really like Chris & I have to take him for the person I have seen on screen.
A genuine person who does not seem to like confrontation so vents his feelings in the safety of the Diary room. Kind of like therapy.
I hope he lasts until the final.
I would rather watch him than the likes of Mark or Steven.