PDA

View Full Version : Acne?

coffee
13-08-2014, 07:27 AM
Anyone here have acne or any really bad spots with really good ways of clearing them?

I'm desperate for help with mine and recently been getting them on my body not just my face. Weirdest place I've got them so far is my wrists but it isn't my worst place! x_x Can't tell if I'm been infected or biten by something as it started 3 months ago when I moved from Glasgow to London.

Vanessa
13-08-2014, 08:12 AM
Yes, i still get it, especially if i'm stressed.

Ryan57
17-08-2014, 03:47 PM
If you have it really bad... and I mean, really bad, go to your doctor and ask for Accutane.*

*Not taking any responsibility for what that can do to your body.

Edit: The only place to go is to a doctor. They will confirm whether if it is an infection. Better to go there than surf the internet for something.

Kizzy
17-08-2014, 03:51 PM
The contraceptive yasmin is great (if you're a girl) it does sound stress or allergy related though.

Marsh.
17-08-2014, 03:54 PM
You can get Minocycline from the doctor's, that worked for me a few years ago.

Accutane I think is the really strong stuff and can have some pretty big side effects.

Ryan57
17-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Yeah, Accutane has a ton of side effects. The most frightening thing is that's it a cancer drug.

You could try lot's of Vitamin A, since that's what Accutane is a form of. Just don't go near toxic levels.

Jay.
17-08-2014, 04:17 PM
I had Accutane a few years ago, had to have loads of blood tests but it got rid of them really well. I wouldn't say I'm that scarred really, it's slowly gone away and I just get a few every day spots now. But yeah, as others have said, go to the doctors! :}

Smithy
17-08-2014, 05:21 PM
I normally get them if I'm stressed, it helps if you drink a lot of (and only) water

coffee
22-10-2014, 11:50 PM
Thanks everyone! Since I posted this my body spots have disappeared as I changed my pyjamas and underwear to 100% cotton. I'll visit my doctor soon about this accutane as I do suffer from adult acne! *pukes* Is it available in the UK?

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
22-10-2014, 11:53 PM
youtube accutane. It is effective but with the side effects is it worth it? There was a documentary about someone on accutane that was committed suicide. And a whole of other issues that might become long term after acne. Is it worth it?

Braden
23-10-2014, 12:54 AM
I'm lucky to say that I rarely get spots. I do get the odd spot here and there, but I use tea tree oil to treat them. I also moisturise daily and I'm very happy with how my skin looks.

I wouldn't let it go to you (if it's something that bothers you). Normally they just come and go with age. :love:

andybigbro
23-10-2014, 01:08 AM
I never really gets spots and I never had loads when I was a teenager.

However, I get the odd spot and it's always MASSIVE :facepalm:

Marc
23-10-2014, 06:33 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qms3xnzXeQk/T0bJjHVfTCI/AAAAAAAAAYM/VoDKcvWBJjk/s320/011.JPG

Great stuff. It's quite strong!

kirklancaster
23-10-2014, 07:48 AM
Anyone here have acne or any really bad spots with really good ways of clearing them?

I'm desperate for help with mine and recently been getting them on my body not just my face. Weirdest place I've got them so far is my wrists but it isn't my worst place! x_x Can't tell if I'm been infected or biten by something as it started 3 months ago when I moved from Glasgow to London.

Are you certain that it's not some form of psoriasis? Or even merely a reaction to change of climate - it can happen. Even a change of water can cause varying types of allergic reactions. It really is best to go see the doc even before using any kind of ointment or medicine - How can you be sure what you're using is OK if you haven't even identified the ailment? Good luck and hope its just a temporary thing.

coffee
23-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Are you certain that it's not some form of psoriasis? Or even merely a reaction to change of climate - it can happen. Even a change of water can cause varying types of allergic reactions. It really is best to go see the doc even before using any kind of ointment or medicine - How can you be sure what you're using is OK if you haven't even identified the ailment? Good luck and hope its just a temporary thing.

Oh, I'm not sure if it was psoriasis or not. I always thought psoriasis was patches of dry skin but this was like proper white head spots and then little red lumps. I do have allergies to beauty products though that my dermatologist isn't sure what exactly I am allergic to lol if that makes sense but it's only ever been effecting my face by swelling it and yeah giving me dry/weeping skin. Thankfully by changing my pyjamas and underwear I managed to get rid of my body spots I now just have to deal with facial ones :/ Luckily they are a lot less embarrassing!

Z
23-10-2014, 05:37 PM
I was on Roaccutane as a teenager, took it for 8-10 months I think and then decided to stop taking it just before my 18th birthday because I wanted to drink (obviously) and I was going to uni the following month - when I came off it, my skin suddenly cleared up within the month and since then I just get the odd spot like normal people do. It really messes with you psychologically (mood swings, depression) and physically (dry lips, dry skin) but it did what it claimed it would do!