PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother: OAP Edition?

Maxxie.
16-08-2014, 11:52 PM
That's what it sounds like to me seeing all the rumours. There's hardly any young people rumoured & theres 3 likely to be going in over 60!

Kellie Maloney = 61
Gary Busey = 70
Paul Daniels = 78

Don't get me wrong im exited about Gary & Paul (never heard of kellie) but im not really pumped such an old house. What do you guys think?

Josy
16-08-2014, 11:53 PM
Ageist.

Samm
16-08-2014, 11:56 PM
They need more old people on the normal show then the celebrity one

Heaven = Winner
16-08-2014, 11:57 PM
3 out of 11 rumored housemates over 60 years old is hardly going to make an "old house" http://www.heartbreakers.me/public/style_emoticons/default/rip.gif

I actually like that tbh, because there's more diversity among the housemates.

LukeB
16-08-2014, 11:57 PM
only if the OAP are fun like....

Marsh.
16-08-2014, 11:58 PM
Oh my god. THREE PEOPLE?????!!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Is there no room for the good looking 20 something braindead structured reality people? :bawling:

Amy Jade
16-08-2014, 11:59 PM
One of the best C5 Celeb housemates was Nana Julie so roll on monday!

Bollo
17-08-2014, 12:02 AM
Don't care about age at all but don't know who Kellie and Gary are.... I've always thought Paul Daniels is very creepy and a bit patronising so not sure...sometimes the weirdos make the best viewing...

Maxxie.
17-08-2014, 12:53 AM
3 out of 11 rumored housemates over 60 years old is hardly going to make an "old house" http://www.heartbreakers.me/public/style_emoticons/default/rip.gif

I actually like that tbh, because there's more diversity among the housemates.

What will also make an old house is that there's probably gonna be only about 4 under 40s & everyone else will be what is usually considered the "older" housemates. I don't consider that very diverse imo.

Lex
17-08-2014, 01:36 AM
That's what it sounds like to me seeing all the rumours. There's hardly any young people rumoured & theres 3 likely to be going in over 60!

Kellie Maloney = 61
Gary Busey = 70
Paul Daniels = 78

Don't get me wrong im exited about Gary & Paul (never heard of kellie) but im not really pumped such an old house. What do you guys think?

Yep, there's no doubt that this one is an "Ageist thread" ! :nono:

....Funny though, that your favourite HM from the last CBB was a 60 something year-old over the hill comedian, named Jim Davidson?? :whistle:

...Me smells a rat about the intentions of this thread! :pat:

Heaven = Winner
17-08-2014, 03:24 AM
What will also make an old house is that there's probably gonna be only about 4 under 40s & everyone else will be what is usually considered the "older" housemates. I don't consider that very diverse imo.

I don't see what's that bad about it tbh. Regular Big Brother has a majority of young people in their 30's or younger, with the token older housemate who likely ends up getting evicted early on (Victoria in BB13, Jackie in BB14 and Pauline in BB15). Celebrity Big Brother has a mix of older housemates and younger housemates, which is clearly a lot more diverse than the regular series.

Ammi
17-08-2014, 04:30 AM
..I like the mixes in ages and it's so much better when they put a few older housemates in rather than in the years of housemates like Sandy in the civilian one where there is just one older person which doesn't balance it enough...

Pete.
17-08-2014, 08:06 AM
Previous experiences have shown that elderly males can't handle sleeping in a room with lots of other, younger people.

Anyway, Bruce was boring and grumpy and Ron was a racist.

Cherie
17-08-2014, 08:13 AM

Kellie Maloney = 61
Gary Busey = 70
Paul Daniels = 78

Yet your fave in the last one was Jim Davidson :laugh:

Cherie
17-08-2014, 08:14 AM
Yep, there's no doubt that this one is an "Ageist thread" ! :nono:

....Funny though, that your favourite HM from the last CBB was a 60 something year-old over the hill comedian, named Jim Davidson?? :whistle:

...Me smells a rat about the intentions of this thread! :pat:

Sorry Lex didn't see your post !

Pete.
17-08-2014, 08:33 AM
Can we forget about wife beating scum Jim?

rusticgal
17-08-2014, 08:59 PM
It's always good to have a mixture.

MB.
17-08-2014, 09:02 PM
:umm2:

Rob!
17-08-2014, 09:19 PM
One of the best C5 Celeb housemates was Nana Julie so roll on monday!

One of the best celeb housemates of all time :clap1:

I love the oldies - Lionel Blair was fantastic value.

BigBrotherfan4ever
17-08-2014, 09:37 PM
They need more old people on the normal show then the celebrity one

I would like to see older HM's in the normal aswell

karl100589
17-08-2014, 09:43 PM
TBH I can understand some people's issues with age, but it all IMO depends on the housemates themselves and whether or not they, sorry for the pun, act it. Lionel Blair for example was 82 years old and despite that got as actively involved and as aggressive in arguments as much as any of the younger housemates.

In this regard I think the casting is good. Kellie for all impressions seems a bit on the dreary side but (if they are cast) Paul is a bit of a diva and Gary is amazing entertainment.

Maxxie.
17-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Can we forget about wife beating scum Jim?

:omg: You did not just go there!

Maxxie.
17-08-2014, 10:46 PM
It's always good to have a mixture.

Course there is, but i dont think this year's is a mixture. Don't get me wrong everyone, i always love the token elderly person. Julie goodyear, lionel blair, jackie stallone but all in the same series? I'm not too keen on that tbh. Besides, in this year's rumoured line-up the youngest you get is about early 30s when january's series had a bunch of horny youngers like luisa, dappy, lee, jasmine. Imagine if that bath tup scene from january was in cbb3 with john mccririck, germaine greer & jackie in the bath!!! :yuk:That's why i dont think we'll get the exitement from last series this time.

Patricia4
18-08-2014, 12:14 PM
I don't mind because Im one :wavey:

Pete.
18-08-2014, 12:18 PM
:omg: You did not just go there!
http://i.imgur.com/PvmK457.png