Denver
18-08-2014, 09:43 PM
They might not be big names but it feels like we are in for a treat

VicKyyKciV
18-08-2014, 09:44 PM
Well two left so here's me hoping

Jay.
No, I love it! The less well known usually prevail as greater entertainment. :flutter:

Loukas
I'm really liking it :laugh:

Cherie
18-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Think its a good mix of egos and feisty so far

Will.
18-08-2014, 09:45 PM
I know quite a few!!! It's been brilliant!

BigBrotherfan4ever
18-08-2014, 09:48 PM
I actually know more of the HM's than I thought

Marsh.
18-08-2014, 09:50 PM
This is the fourteenth series. Are you not familiar with the quality of zelebs?

mrflibble
18-08-2014, 09:53 PM
I've never heard of any of them, but looking through old series, I've barely heard of any of them either. Maybe they're known only in the UK or to people who read tabloid magazines or something? I'm not sure what BB's definition of 'celebrity' is. Also don't know how CBB works but it'll be like watching another civilian series to me :D

Benjamin
18-08-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm actually impressed tbh

VicKyyKciV
18-08-2014, 09:55 PM
I've never heard of any of them, but looking through old series, I've barely heard of any of them either. Maybe they're known only in the UK or to people who read tabloid magazines or something? I'm not sure what BB's definition of 'celebrity' is. Also don't know how CBB works but it'll be like watching another civilian series to me :D

It's a fu**ing joke :conf: Can't they afford proper ones like people we know co\z most of us young people don't know em :(

jscoo47
18-08-2014, 09:59 PM
It's a fu**ing joke :conf: Can't they afford proper ones like people we know co\z most of us young people don't know em :(

I totally agree

mrflibble
18-08-2014, 09:59 PM
I wouldn't know most people known to 'young' people either tbh, but I'd like to at least heard of someone.

Edit: haven't actually watched launch yet so only seen list; didn't see Gary Busey was in. I know him at least :D

alex_front2
18-08-2014, 10:02 PM
They blew buget on Kellie and White Dee.....

smudgie
18-08-2014, 10:03 PM
A good mix.

daniel-lewis-1985
18-08-2014, 10:04 PM
I know most of them and I class celeb as what they have achieved a lot of them have done some epic stuff in celeb world.

This is a really good cast.

Compare this to the BB15 launch and how miserable it was.

Liam-

I know every single in there apart from Frenchy, so I'm pretty damn impressed

VicKyyKciV
Don't know Gary Busy but asked mum and she said he got shot in the balls in that film that Tom Cruise was in called the Firm and he was in it like 5 minutes or summin so sounds like someone that wasn't that important and he sounds like he had too much to drink but yeah poor choice of celebs, I think it's coz it's been bought by channel 5 and they haven't got the money to spend like Channel 4 did me thinks :(

Denver
18-08-2014, 10:05 PM
I hate threads like this if they spent millions on big names they would be boring but lesser known celebs are alway entertaining

Jord
18-08-2014, 10:06 PM
I don't really care about the quality of celebs if they will be enertaining, which I reckon this bunch will be

VicKyyKciV
18-08-2014, 10:06 PM
I know every single in there apart from Frenchy, so I'm pretty damn impressed

Dunno how coz you don't even see em on tv coz I haven't and I watch lots and mates and family do to and I am chilling at mates now and they know nuffin like me!!??

VicKyyKciV
18-08-2014, 10:08 PM
I hate threads like this if they spent millions on big names they would be boring but lesser known celebs are alway entertaining

I started this thread and peeps agree with me so there accept it and more well known celebs create more interest coz many will just switch off and not bother watching show so bad decision to scrimp and scrape and not spend on better celebs

Benjamin
18-08-2014, 10:10 PM

You have the TOWIE/Geordie Shore off casts

Benjamin
18-08-2014, 10:11 PM
I started this thread and peeps agree with me so there accept it and more well known celebs create more interest coz many will just switch off and not bother watching show so bad decision to scrimp and scrape and not spend on better celebs

scrimp and scrape, some of these celebs I'm guessing they paid quite a bit for.

CaudleHalbard
18-08-2014, 10:11 PM
This is the fourteenth series. Are you not familiar with the quality of zelebs?
Great word: zelebs. :)

aman201
18-08-2014, 10:12 PM
I am :conf:

Under-statement or what.

I only know 4 of them.

The Benefits Street girl, Audley Harrison, Frank Maloney and the B-Witched girl.

Braden
18-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Idk, I think they've got some pretty good names.

The line-up got better as the night went on, especially right at the end.

Denver
18-08-2014, 10:13 PM

What do you think made the january one so succsessful? It wasnt the A listers

bwoty
18-08-2014, 10:14 PM
they should of put Shell in there

David R
18-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Some are disappointing like getting the benefits street woman but I would say it's pretty good. I feel the lineup is on par and maybe slightly better than CBB13 and way better than CBB12.

Tregard
18-08-2014, 10:15 PM
I knew Busey and vaguely remember Leslie from Will & Grace, that's it.

VicKyyKciV
18-08-2014, 10:16 PM
You have the TOWIE/Geordie Shore off casts

They a joke! They like wanna be celebs rather than celebs Omg Christ sake, wake up and smell the coffee!! :smug:

aman201
18-08-2014, 10:17 PM
What do you think made the january one so succsessful? It was the A listers

Yeah it seems like the January ones have the bigger names, and the summer CBB's get the utter randoms.

VicKyyKciV
18-08-2014, 10:18 PM
scrimp and scrape, some of these celebs I'm guessing they paid quite a bit for.

They won't have paid em that much coz if they had they could have got better ones which is what I am saying and I am going to watch it and I'm sure it be good but I don't think they done em selves much favours for ratings by not bringing in better celebs, or even one or two, these really are bottom of the barrel types in my opinion

VicKyyKciV
18-08-2014, 10:19 PM
What do you think made the january one so succsessful? It was the A listers

These are Z listers, oh come on agree with me, it's a right farce!

Benjamin
18-08-2014, 10:21 PM
they should of put Shell in there

bwoty :lovedup:

I've strangely missed you.

Benjamin
18-08-2014, 10:22 PM
They won't have paid em that much coz if they had they could have got better ones which is what I am saying and I am going to watch it and I'm sure it be good but I don't think they done em selves much favours for ratings by not bringing in better celebs, or even one or two, these really are bottom of the barrel types in my opinion

Bottom of the barrel? You my friend are mistaken, but I shall leave you to your ramblings. You know where the off button is on your tv.

Denver
18-08-2014, 10:22 PM
These are Z listers, oh come on agree with me, it's a right farce!

Nobody forces you to watch

VicKyyKciV
18-08-2014, 10:25 PM
Bottom of the barrel? You my friend are mistaken, but I shall leave you to your ramblings. You know where the off button is on your tv.

I just said I'm watching it so get your facts straight mister!!!

David R
18-08-2014, 10:25 PM
Yeah it seems like the January ones have the bigger names, and the summer CBB's get the utter randoms.

Yeah it's because Summer is traditionally dead for TV, most people are outside or on holiday whereas everyone is indoors watching in Winter.

I'm just glad they have kept the 'reality' show rejects to a minimum this time. Also is it me or is this an older house? seems to be way less young people this time.

Northern Monkey
18-08-2014, 10:26 PM
They might not be big names but it feels like we are in for a treat

Yes,My thoughts too.

Macie Lightfoot
18-08-2014, 10:27 PM

okay so don't watch then.

Like... there has never been high standards (any standards at all) for celebrity-dom for CBB. Congrats for just realizing that?

Benjamin
18-08-2014, 10:31 PM
I just said I'm watching it so get your facts straight mister!!!

Then quit complaining about the celebs. I bet you half the ones you never knew turn out to be your faves.

Denver
18-08-2014, 10:56 PM
They paid Kelly £400,000 the rest got £250,000,can,t see whats so special about a bloke with a wig on

Are you actually kidding me

alex_front2
18-08-2014, 11:09 PM
Far too many "topical" non celebs like Geordie Shore, Goglebox, White Dee, David Mc and Lauren Towie.
I really wanted to see Michael Le Vell ( Corrie's Kevin).

kefln
18-08-2014, 11:21 PM
I have no idea who this bunch are.

I know gary, but he's a cautionary tale at most. Little interest so far.

hijaxers
18-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Don't know Gary Busy but asked mum and she said he got shot in the balls in that film that Tom Cruise was in called the Firm and he was in it like 5 minutes or summin so sounds like someone that wasn't that important and he sounds like he had too much to drink but yeah poor choice of celebs, I think it's coz it's been bought by channel 5 and they haven't got the money to spend like Channel 4 did me thinks :(

me thinks ya need to think more often and more deeply

Razor
18-08-2014, 11:31 PM
For me it's not how famous they are but how crazy and entertaining they are.

daniel-lewis-1985
18-08-2014, 11:41 PM

Your mother missed out a ton of films, television and an Oscar nomination.

Chuckyegg
18-08-2014, 11:54 PM
I was expecting to know none of them but I vaguely know 3 so it's better than I expected

jyunga
19-08-2014, 12:41 AM
Gary Busey was pretty damn famous back in the late 80s/early 90s. Starred in a lot of big movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSMaHy9LShA

Skip him singing at the start, the rest should give you an idea what he is like lol

rk3388
19-08-2014, 12:43 AM
being canadian, i knew gary busey very well, Recognized Leslie from American Horror Story and of course Will & Grace, heard of stephanie pratt.

Good choice of americans except Frenchy, but she seems entertaining so who knows

Joelle.
19-08-2014, 01:01 AM
I think its a great cast, one of the best C5 lineups tbh

Ammi
19-08-2014, 06:20 AM
..no not at all, I think it's one of the best celebrity houses I've seen in a while and think it's perfect to have a few bigger celebs like Gary and Leslie as well as the lesser known ones like Dee and I hadn't heard of Kellie before....a good mix...

mr rochester
19-08-2014, 06:45 AM
First Impressions? - Grim...

lostalex
19-08-2014, 06:59 AM
I know Gary is going to drive the house mad. i hope he isn't booted out of the house too quickly like Jackie Stallone was. I think jackie only lasted 5 days.

waterhog
19-08-2014, 07:08 AM
its brilliant and already slaughters normal bb as of entertainment value. well done BB.

Mick
19-08-2014, 07:48 AM
Perhaps I should watch more TV but I did not know most of them.Not really a problem as it will be what they do not what they have done which will hopefully make it worth the watch.

Cherie
19-08-2014, 08:01 AM
..no not at all, I think it's one of the best celebrity houses I've seen in a while and think it's perfect to have a few bigger celebs like Gary and Leslie as well as the lesser known ones like Dee and I hadn't heard of Kellie before....a good mix...

I don't think anyone had heard of Kellie until the story broke two weeks ago Ammi :laugh:

lostalex
19-08-2014, 08:05 AM
I don't think anyone had heard of Kellie until the story broke two weeks ago Ammi :laugh:

i think boxing fans knew him, Orgy definitely recognized her right away, very awkward moment for both of them.

Cherie
19-08-2014, 08:10 AM
i think boxing fans knew him, Orgy definitely recognized her right away, very awkward moment for both of them.

Oh yeah Alex we knew him as Frank he was well known in boxing circles back in the day, but Kellie only hit the tabloids here about 2 week ago, last we heard of Frank was when he stood as a candidate for UKIP about 4 years ago, and he also ran for Mayor of London.

exoticrosebud
19-08-2014, 08:13 AM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.covers eyes and runs for the hills !!!!!..........

Liam-
19-08-2014, 08:14 AM
Dunno how coz you don't even see em on tv coz I haven't and I watch lots and mates and family do to and I am chilling at mates now and they know nuffin like me!!??

Well i obviously watch different things to you then.. And it's not all about watching them on tv, some of them haven't been on tv for a while, it's all about just knowing their names and what they have done and appreciating that, not just what they're doing now.. at the end of the day, they're never going to get the likes of people like Will Smith or Justin Bieber, so we've got to deal with what we've got, Gary Busey is one of the biggest bookings they've got for a while and more often than not the less known celebrities are the most entertaining, look at Jasmine Waltz for example

rubymoo
19-08-2014, 08:21 AM
Well i obviously watch different things to you then.. And it's not all about watching them on tv, some of them haven't been on tv for a while, it's all about just knowing their names and what they have done and appreciating that, not just what they're doing now.. at the end of the day, they're never going to get the likes of people like Will Smith or Justin Bieber, so we've got to deal with what we've got, Gary Busey is one of the biggest bookings they've got for a while and more often than not the less known celebrities are the most entertaining, look at Jasmine Waltz for example

The celebrities that go on CBB go in for publicity reasons, they go in because to them it's a job and the money isn't coming in as it used to/should be, they use CBB to raise their profile.

The likes of Will Smith or Justin Beiber will never go in, they are way too famous, maybe give them 20/30 years off the screen, then you may see them in CBB, and your children will then be sitting there calling them non celebrities whilst you will be scratching your head in disbelief trying to explain that they were in your day:smug:

I am looking forward to this CBB, it's the best line up they've had in years;)

Liam-
19-08-2014, 08:25 AM
The celebrities that go on CBB go in for publicity reasons, they go in because to them it's a job and the money isn't coming in as it used to/should be, they use CBB to raise their profile.

The likes of Will Smith or Justin Beiber will never go in, they are way too famous, maybe give them 20/30 years off the screen, then you may see them in CBB, and your children will then be sitting there calling them non celebrities whilst you will be scratching your head in disbelief trying to explain that they were in your day:smug:

I am looking forward to this CBB, it's the best line up they've had in years;)

I agree with you, for me, it's one of the best line ups they've had, i love it so far, i'm just hoping its not a disappointment

Gillian-73
19-08-2014, 08:25 AM
No, I think it is a great cast.

karezza
19-08-2014, 08:27 AM
It's a great line-up.

:pat:

chuff me dizzy
19-08-2014, 08:42 AM
Theres a lot in I like upto now, not even sure who my fav is ,really like Audley,Leslie, George ,James

Jay.
19-08-2014, 08:54 AM
For me it's not how famous they are but how crazy and entertaining they are.

:clap1: I think they are going to be really good!

Stevep
19-08-2014, 10:44 AM
I watch BB for the drama, but still, not enough eye candy damn it! haha. Stephanie and Edele and that's it.

Maxy
19-08-2014, 01:17 PM
I only know 5 of the people in there one of them being white dee and why she is classed as a celebrity is beyond me.

Vanessa
19-08-2014, 01:20 PM
They have Gary Busey, so i'm very happy. :cheer2: