PDA

View Full Version : Darius getting Married!?!

Kaz
06-02-2003, 07:00 AM
Apparently Darius has 'popped the question' to his girlfriend, Mirella Dell’Aquila - according to THIS ARTICLE (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003060357,00.html) from the Sun Online today.

If it's true, then Congratulations, Darius! :hello: :dazzler: :hello:

Poor LEE's going to be devastated!! :bawling:

LEE
06-02-2003, 11:42 AM
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Seriously, congratulations Darius, I hope that you'll both be very happy. :hugesmile:

:flower:

WILDCHILD
06-02-2003, 12:14 PM
Congratulations and Celebrations Darius!!
:dazzler::dance::colour::dazzler::dance::colour::d azzler::dance::colour::dazzler::dance::colour::daz zler::dance::colour:

Romantic Old Bird
06-02-2003, 01:42 PM
Bummer!:bawling:

That means I have to get ANOTHER second reserve if OH trades me in for a younger model. (After Mr Clarke of course)

Any suggestions, anyone?

:spin:

Kaz
06-02-2003, 01:46 PM
Hang on a cotton pickin' minute - I've just come across this article from the Scottish Daily Record website:

DARIUS'S DAD RAPS WEDDING RUMOUR Feb 6 2003

Donna Watson

POP star Darius's dad last night rejected claims his son had become engaged.

Reports claimed the 22-year-old had proposed to Canadian girl-group singer Mirella Del'Aquila on a trip to his native Scotland.

But his father Dr Booth Danesh said he'd never heard of Mirella - and Darius had not been to Scotland in the last two months.

Dr Danesh, of Bearsden, near Glasgow, said: "This is just nonsense. There is no engagement.

"Darius is very close to his family and if he was getting married, we would definitely be the first to know. He would not leave it for us to find out from the Press.

"He does not have a girlfriend just now and we have never heard of this Canadian girl. Darius has never even mentioned her.

"He hasn't been in Scotland for the last two months either, so if he'd proposed to her up here I'm sure we would have known by now.

"This is just totally made up and it doesn't surprise me to hear she's in a band. Someone has just made this up to get it in the papers."

Newspaper reports last night said Darius had been seeing Mirella since the summer and popped the question at New Year.

But Dr Booth insisted his son hadn't been in the country since the start of December - and was still unattached.

Darius was named one of the UK's 20 most eligible bachelors last month.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh my god - does this mean that the Sun has published an article which isn't true? I don't believe it!!! :shocked: :spin2: :shocked:

Looks like you can dry your tears again, LEE. :hello: :thumbs: :hello: :thumbs:

LEE
08-02-2003, 09:27 AM
Darius is quoted on the MTV site as saying.......

"No, I'm not engaged! I've only met this unfortunate girl once six months ago at an Oxford gig when a manager insisted I had my photograph taken with the group. I don't know her name. I can't even pronounce her name. I think it's quite funny."

CLICK HERE to read the full article (http://www.mtv.co.uk/mtv.co.uk/en/dynamo/features.jhtml?id=30026239&subject=Darius+To+Duet+With+Little+Brother%3F&type=News&area=Home)

Amy
08-02-2003, 09:31 AM
I bet that's the best news you've had today LEE :thumbs: :laugh: I did'nt think he'd be getting married :xyxwave:

LEE
09-02-2003, 02:25 PM
We've heard that Garius's father has completely denied this, now it's the turn on her father in this article that I found on the Darius Devotees site from the Canadian Montreal Gazette........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OUR POPSTAR HAS BRITISH TABS STIRRED UP
Linda Massarella

The British tabloids are on the hunt for St. Léonard cutie Mirella Dell'Aquila, the 20-year-old Vanier music student who was chosen a couple of years back on the Global TV show Popstars to be a singer with the manufactured group Sugar Jones.

It seems Sugar Jones's Canadian hit, the catchy Days Like That, is set to be released in Britain and someone started a timely rumour that Dell'Aquila is engaged to a handsome 21-year-old pop star named Darius Danesh who happens to be very popular in Glasgow. (And all the publicity got Dell'Aquila's mug plastered on a lot of British newspapers this week.)

Dell'Aquila's dad, Tony, tells me his home phone has been ringing off the hook from British reporters looking for his daughter and trying to get to the bottom of the story.

"They're telling me Mirella's engaged to this Darius, but it's the first I heard of it," he said.

He said his oldest daughter, who quit Vanier to go on the road with Sugar Jones, is in London this week recording a solo track. She was in Montreal for a visit two weeks ago.

"She told me a year ago that she met Darius and that he was a big star, but that was it," he said. "She hasn't really spoken about him. When I saw her she wasn't wearing a diamond ring."

Anna Adams, an editor with the Sunday Mirror in Glasgow, said her paper was going to go to press today with a story that Dell'Aquila's publicity team planted the story to maximize her exposure before Days Like That is released.

Dell'Aquila's Toronto manager, Gary Francis, wouldn't comment on whether rumours of the engagement were true or false.

"Mirella is a very talented young lady. We're just getting started with her," he said. "We're trying to do a Jennifer Lopez with her because she's got the look and the talent."

Francis said the raven-haired beauty also wants to break into movies and has a starring role in Angel Tears, a film by Montreal director Minor Mustain that is scheduled to be shown at this summer's Jazz Festival.

Dell'Aquila will be back in Canada at the end of this month to be a presenter at the Radio Music Awards in Toronto.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------