PDA

View Full Version : Little Things That Annoy You About BB

BIRDisTHEword
31-08-2014, 03:19 PM
I'm interested to know what little things annoy you about Big Brother. There are the obvious things like outside world interference and Marcus going OTT but are there any little things that annoy you that maybe you think no-one else has noticed.

Off the top of my head a couple of my BB gripes are during live shows the cameramen are always doing shots where the camera spins around quickly and zooms in and out on audience members really fast so that it's blurry and disorientating.
Another one is the way Emma lists the nominees, not when she's talking to the house but when she's talking to the viewers. Instead of saying it in a naturally flowing sentence like "Leslie, Kellie, George and Gary all face eviction" she'll go "Leslie [3 second pause], Kellie [3 second pause], George [3 second pause] and Gary all face eviction"

Any other Big Brother annoyances?

Pincho Paxton
31-08-2014, 03:38 PM
1/ Boring tasks.
2/ Bad editing
3/ Iain Lee
4/ Strange Warnings
5/ Missing Warnings
6/ Allowed out of house
7/ Diane Youdale moving her hands around
8/ Dexter Koh
9/ Emma fake giggles
10/ Rylan's teeth

Yoshi888
31-08-2014, 03:42 PM
The toilets in the house I think they shout be brightly lit and have cameras in as I want to see if Gary flushes his poos or not.

LukeB
31-08-2014, 03:45 PM
outside contact

Jarrod
31-08-2014, 03:52 PM
1. Music at the start of the HL shows
2. Stupid fake secret missions which the whole house actually know about
3. Secret Houses
4. Overproduced live shows
5. Lack of diary room nominations
6. Marcus
7. Boring shopping tasks
8. Lack of live coverage

Then there's the live shows that really do annoy me. The stupid sound effects they use before going to a break, when the eye up by the door turns, the camera turns they do when Emma is walking down the runway - focus on Emma please, the overly dramatic shouting of "PLEASE LEAVEEEE IMMEDIATELYYYYYYY" from Marcus...

JoshBB
31-08-2014, 03:57 PM
1) The audience on eviction nights
2) Iain Lee
3) Favouritism towards some housemates
4) Showmances
5) Random Warnings

jaxie
31-08-2014, 04:04 PM
1. No live feed, except a little after evictions.
2. Showmances and the bias/airtime/emphasis towards them.
3. Luisa on bots.
4. The crowd at evictions isn't as much fun or as enthusiastic as it was in C4 days.
5. Too much editing of clips shown on bots when they get to the main shows.
(Dee shouting in Leslie's face).
6. Bots is too weak and glosses over what is really going on in the house.
7. The psychologists and pundits don't know what they are talking about and completely ignore the most important things going on in the house.

jessicadanielle
31-08-2014, 04:14 PM
When someone is about to be evicted, so Emma says the names of each housemate slowly and puts their face on the screen and the crowd cheers or boos. Then Emma says "the next person to be evicted is" and the bloody camera goes through aaall of their faces again and the crowd cheer or boo and the housemates don't even know who they're cheering or booing at! Really grinds my gears.

karezza
31-08-2014, 04:27 PM
1. The bedroom door.
2. One vote puts you up for eviction.
3. Unclimbable roof.
4. BB choosing which housemates do tasks.
5. Biased editing.
6. BB isn't long enough. There should be only one CBB.
7. Bad housemate selection (Sam Evans and Ashleigh Coyle being the worst sort of housemate).
8. Tampering with nominations. The best thing about BB is regular nominations.
9. Outside information leaking into house.
10. Letters from home.

abhorson
31-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Helen winning :hehe:

jessicadanielle
31-08-2014, 04:51 PM
The fact that they always have a task to get letters from home which causes arguments and upset but the people who didn't get their letters usually do in the end anyway.

warrenhill
31-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Think all the above has covered mine.....

Liam-
31-08-2014, 04:58 PM
. Production manipulation
. Evictees being interviewed with the eviction crowd around them.
. Lack of diversity in the housemates that are picked
. Lazy tasks that can be completed with little to no effort at all
. Music being played when someone is evicted/leaving after winning.
. Extensive outside information being leaked into the house.
. Multiple family orientated things during a series.
. Having a task in order to receive letters from home.
. Sugar paper certificate wielding idiots, parading as psychologists spouting BS non-stop.
. Biased audiences.
. Biased presenters (Rylan)
. Cheesy editing.
. Parties every other night.
. The lack of real punishments.
. Warnings being given for stupid, ridiculous reasons (Jemimah from BB14 springs to mind)
That's all i can think of for now :laugh:

Heaven = Winner
31-08-2014, 05:08 PM
- Showmances
- Production manipulation
- Lack of diverse housemates
- Showmances
- Judi James as the psychologist
- Outside contact
- Showmances
- Judi James as the psychologist.
- Again, Judi James as the psychologist.
- Showmances

That's all :)

BIRDisTHEword
31-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Thought of a couple more.
-Tasks that shoehorn in excuses for the housemates to insult each other, the fear of knowledge part of last weeks task for example.
-The fact that the basic shopping budget seems to have no effect at all anymore. In the episode that other night Big Brother 'surprised housemates with a takeaway'. Wouldn't be surprised if that happened most days without us knowing.
-When John McCririck on BOTS refers to Big Brother as 'Bruv'.

Ross.
31-08-2014, 05:28 PM
7. Bad housemate selection (Sam Evans and Ashleigh Coyle being the worst sort of housemate).

http://i.imgur.com/I9puyW8.gif

ebandit
31-08-2014, 05:45 PM
too much luxury for the hm's....bring back the mangle/chickens

hm's appear to know the time ( stating not long 'til refreshments etc ) I think I recall when there were no clocks in the house

but the worst was disclosing private diary room entries to other hm's

Mark L

Cal.
31-08-2014, 05:52 PM
too much luxury for the hm's....bring back the mangle/chickens

hm's appear to know the time ( stating not long 'til refreshments etc ) I think I recall when there were no clocks in the house

but the worst was disclosing private diary room entries to other hm's

Mark L

yeah I remember when there was no clocks, I think that ended in BB8 though because Carol used to manipulate the rest of the house apparently with the oven clock, read the time then shut it off and have them eating tea at like midnight.

jessicadanielle
31-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Thought of a couple more.
-Tasks that shoehorn in excuses for the housemates to insult each other, the fear of knowledge part of last weeks task for example.
-The fact that the basic shopping budget seems to have no effect at all anymore. In the episode that other night Big Brother 'surprised housemates with a takeaway'. Wouldn't be surprised if that happened most days without us knowing.
-When John McCririck on BOTS refers to Big Brother as 'Bruv'.

Should be: When John McCririck is on BOTS. :fist::laugh:

Also hate tasks which crowbar opportunities for insults in. Housemates will do that all on their own, no need for tasks.

daniel-lewis-1985
31-08-2014, 06:09 PM
The final annoyance for me was when Big Brother themselves said "The housemates up for nomination".

Pure incompetence.

I also hate the newer voices of BB who constantly stumble over their lines, sound like their voicing an epic blockbuster, sound like they are sucking a cock and cant pronounce their R's and are having conversations with the housemates instead of being monotone and impartial.

ebandit
31-08-2014, 06:14 PM
hm's being allowed to hide in their beds when they are upset.........once
up really did mean......................Up!

Mark L

waterhog
31-08-2014, 07:49 PM
when CBB is as good as this one - nothing annoys me. its top class.

Dollface
31-08-2014, 07:53 PM
- Showmances
- Showmances
- Outside contact
- Showmances
- Showmances

:shocked: I think you forgot something... Showmances :hehe:

Ammi
31-08-2014, 07:56 PM
- Showmances
- Showmances
- Outside contact
- Showmances
- Showmances

..showmances...:fist:..

Cal.
31-08-2014, 07:57 PM
The final annoyance for me was when Big Brother themselves said "The housemates up for nomination".

Pure incompetence.

I also hate the newer voices of BB who constantly stumble over their lines, sound like their voicing an epic blockbuster, sound like they are sucking a cock and cant pronounce their R's and are having conversations with the housemates instead of being monotone and impartial.

Big Brother has been having conversations with housemates since BB6 though.

Jamesy
31-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Casual Big Brother.

These newer BB voices are cringe, they talk to housemates like they're best friends meeting up for a coffee. Where's the cold, hard, robotic-like voice?

These casual friendly voices need to go.

Mystic Mock
31-08-2014, 08:01 PM
1. The public being allowed to chant Housemates names out to be evicted as it influences the other Housemates on who to nominate, and that particular Housemate that's being chanted out mostly goes quiet, apart from really rare cases like Ashleigh and Steven in BB15.

2. Not seeing the Housemates do the shopping list on a Chalkboard anymore, I know that it's trivial but it did give us some of our best showdowns on the Ch4 days.

3. Instead of showing the same 3 or 4 people every highlight show, we should be seeing everyone in their good sides and their bad sides.

Robodog
31-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Extensive 'catch ups' - repeating the same moments too often.

Warnings for ridiculous things - especially when it's HMs simply expressing their preferences (like Gemima saying she didn't really date black guys) - even worse when BB encourage negative opinions like they did with Audley the other noms night.

BOTS audience changing their minds and following trends like sheep (booing HMs one day, cheering them the next)

Eviction crowds chanting rubbish during interviews.

Not enough Iain Lee.

Too much Matt Johnson.

jaxie
31-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Little things that asnnoy me about bb. How about James?

jessicadanielle
31-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Little things that asnnoy me about bb. How about James?

He's not a little thing, he's a massive twat.

daniel-lewis-1985
31-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Big Brother has been having conversations with housemates since BB6 though.

Nah BB6 was a one off where Big Brother did become a personality. After that it went back to old school BB for BB7.

ruiphillips
01-09-2014, 01:33 AM
*TOWIE editing style adopted by Channel 5
*Awful Clubland music used in evictions and highlights
*Uninspired tasks and twists
*Heavy Manipulation

Pincho Paxton
01-09-2014, 12:56 PM
I forgot to mention that BOTS spoilers ruin BOTS. They have showed face to face nominations, and other nomination results. I can't turn over quick enough. I just have to avoid the entire show.

gibsonsg
01-09-2014, 02:36 PM
1) No live feed - we would like to make up our own minds not let the producers do it for us.

2) Messing around with noms.

3) Outside contact and being allowed out of the house.

4) Judi James - the most notoriously wrong body language expert of all time.

5) Short shopping tasks - need some more where endurance is the key.

6) Rewards when they are on a basic budget.

l

Mullens123
01-09-2014, 02:39 PM
Manipulation is the most annoying thing. Especially concerning nominations, I don't care what the rule is as long as they stick to it... Why it changes every week depending on who's up is infuriating. The fact it's now 1 nomination and you're up is a total joke...

gibsonsg
01-09-2014, 07:56 PM
1. The public being allowed to chant Housemates names out to be evicted as it influences the other Housemates on who to nominate, and that particular Housemate that's being chanted out mostly goes quiet, apart from really rare cases like Ashleigh and Steven in BB15.

2. Not seeing the Housemates do the shopping list on a Chalkboard anymore, I know that it's trivial but it did give us some of our best showdowns on the Ch4 days.

3. Instead of showing the same 3 or 4 people every highlight show, we should be seeing everyone in their good sides and their bad sides.

I agree with all of those. Regarding point one, they used to play artificial crowd noise in so the hm's couldn't hear the response of the eviction crowd.