PDA

View Full Version : When do think it will snow in UK this winter? (Snow Watch 2014/2015)

Moviefan
07-09-2014, 02:09 PM
UK as not had decent snowfall since March 2013, , So I think we are owed one big time.

As last winter the US stole it! with that polar vortex and according today Mail, there could be another polar vortex this year for US

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2746424/Snow-comes-month-early-year-seven-states-seeing-white-week.html

if snow already in US!

With August being of the coolest since 1993 UK and north Ireland fell minus 2 degrees, which is A new record low for August!

LeatherTrumpet
07-09-2014, 02:13 PM
yesterday there were wet snow showers above munro level on the scottish mountains!

Moviefan
07-09-2014, 02:16 PM
that cool, it's must be really cool up there :)

Ninastar
07-09-2014, 02:17 PM
November, January and February

Moviefan
21-09-2014, 04:15 PM
I Being checking the updates on Weather outlook, Very week!

Quote:
The fourth update increases the chances of snow falling on Christmas day in the south and reduces it for the north. The reason for this is recent trends perhaps pointing towards more anticyclonic conditions developing during the early part of the winter with a chance of colder continental incursions. In this type of set up southern and eastern areas would be most likely to see colder conditions and a chance of snow flurries.

Recent years have brought a range of weather during the festive season to the UK, and there have been some notable cold spells. This year at the present time background signals look fairly neutral but things could change during the autumn.

Enjoy counting down the days to the big day and check regularly for updates. Also check out what 'The computer says' in its daily update below.

Probabilities of snow falling on Christmas Day
North of Yorkshire / Lancashire: 15%
South of Yorkshire / Lancashire: 20%

Forecast issued
Update 4, 20/09/2014

The computer says [Issued 21/09/2014 12:46:39]

The regional Christmas weather predictions are updated daily using medium and long range forecast data. They may indicate very different prospects to the TWO forecast above. Who will be right?
It's expected to be too mild for snow in the south.
Snow is expected in Wales
Snow is expected in the Midlands
Snow is expected in the north
Cold but dry conditions are expected in Scotland
Snow is expected in Northern Ireland
Snow is expected in the Republic of Ireland
Snow is expected in the Netherlands
Also over at http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?a...ongrange;sess=

Quote:
Winter
December
A very early look at December here, and at this point it should be considered very low confidence. Currently the forecasting model is suggesting high pressure to the north and in particular northeast of the UK which would translate to slightly cooler than average temperatures for England and Wales, closer to average in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Is that what happen in 2010?

LukeB
21-09-2014, 04:15 PM
i don't want it to snow!

MTVN
21-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Hopefully never, snow just cause hassle

Moviefan
21-09-2014, 04:40 PM
We had dull rain, we had Windy days and Horrible hot weather for far to long this

And UK not had any snow fall since March 2013, So i won't be shocked to make up white Xmas this year!

Snowy Xmas would be the best present (I am 29 years old, Even If I live to 92, i still will feel the same about the snow )

Moviefan
21-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Hopefully never, snow just cause hassle

I remember telling people in January 2013, that it will be snowing next week,

One they don't believe the news and Two they don't prepare for it!

It's not the snow fault!

The snow is great, so much thing you can do with snow then any other weather! (Having snowball fight, making snowman, snow angle and parents pushing there kids on sled down a hill, i also see write HI in the snow with my foot prints.) That all
think do, the snow just brings the five year old out of me, i will feel the same if I live be 92! , still doing things

I already repaired, I brought new gloves a few week back and I got my two hats and scarfs ready in my winter bag.

Yes., i have winter bag, which always ready on 1st September! :laugh:

andybigbro
21-09-2014, 04:53 PM
Hopefully it snows in December, I like when it snows in December :)

Moviefan
15-11-2014, 12:22 PM
I change the title , added snow watch!

There as been a lot of snow over the pond in the US in past week

Some places didn't even go above - 14

MTVN
15-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Leading weather experts have ruled out the chances of there being any snow this winter I'm afraid Moviefan

LeatherTrumpet
15-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Leading weather experts have ruled out the chances of there being any snow this winter I'm afraid Moviefan

Really, do tell?

Moviefan
15-11-2014, 01:12 PM

Far to early, even for them to say!

I wait for 7 days before for Christmas day , its only then they can be 75% sure!

arista
15-11-2014, 01:54 PM
Look at America they are shocked with Early Snow
and Cold Texas
so if that comes this way it could be in weeks

LeatherTrumpet
15-11-2014, 02:19 PM
Look at America they are shocked with Early Snow
and Cold Texas
so if that comes this way it could be in weeks

It does not look like any cold weather for the next 3 weeks looking at the models at least

smudgie
15-11-2014, 04:15 PM
December is my choice this year.
I can feel it in my old bones.:hehe:

LeatherTrumpet
15-11-2014, 04:44 PM
December is my choice this year.
I can feel it in my old bones.:hehe:

My old bone hates the cold

:hehe:

smudgie
15-11-2014, 05:01 PM
My old bone hates the cold

:hehe:

:laugh::laugh:

Cherie
15-11-2014, 05:57 PM

MTVN has spoken put away the sleds :laugh:

kirklancaster
15-11-2014, 06:03 PM
MTVN has spoken put away the sleds :laugh:

:joker:

kirklancaster
15-11-2014, 06:07 PM
UK as not had decent snowfall since March 2013, , So I think we are owed one big time.

As last winter the US stole it! with that polar vortex and according today Mail, there could be another polar vortex this year for US

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2746424/Snow-comes-month-early-year-seven-states-seeing-white-week.html

if snow already in US!

With August being of the coolest since 1993 UK and north Ireland fell minus 2 degrees, which is A new record low for August!

I think January,but hope I'm wrong because I only like snow in December, especially over Christmas.

Kizzy
16-11-2014, 01:48 AM
No, I think it will be a very rainy winter but no snow.