PDA

View Full Version : Changes you'd like to see to the show in 2015?

zakman440
13-09-2014, 12:19 PM
What changes would you like to see to the show next year? For me it'd be more live feed, a back to basics theme, no more nominations twists, a new house layout, the editing to not be like TOWIE anymore, the eviction shows to stop being so over-produced (sound effects, weird camera angles, poor script writing etc) and A NEW EVICTION SET. We've had the same for 3 years now, also with the camera angle that showed the fireworks last night (pictured below) just demonstrates how small it is! In an ideal world I'd like them to move back into the George Lucas stage, but I'm not sure whether they can or not because it's currently being controlled by the BBC, but surely they could move into the workshop opposite the house? Or even extend into the massive bit of land right next to the house that was just cleared? Either way I just want to see it change.

http://i.imgur.com/uMy4UuS.jpg

UPDATE: I've written a sort of new version of what I'd like to see, but I would still like to see the changes above.

zakman440
13-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Anyone?

Samm
13-09-2014, 07:02 PM
I don't think anybody has posted because you said every think people want, I agree with you

LukeB
13-09-2014, 07:04 PM
i want them to try a different format, big brother usa format would be great to watch, because then no one can moan about people playing games! because USA big brother is better then the UK one

Cal.
13-09-2014, 07:07 PM
omg its so small!

and can I just say I agree with everything the OP says, but I don't want BBUSA format coming to us.

Nick.
13-09-2014, 07:12 PM
I like the British format a lot more, although the Big Brother Brazil format has it's merits!

Maxxie.
13-09-2014, 08:30 PM
I like the British format a lot more, although the Big Brother Brazil format has it's merits!

How does that one work?

Maxxie.
13-09-2014, 08:31 PM
I'd like to see it go back to just 2 people up for eviction not the whole house

VanessaFeltz.
13-09-2014, 08:34 PM
they can stop having celeb ones and have one usa one uk format in a year

Nick.
13-09-2014, 08:55 PM
How does that one work?

There's a head of house who nominates one housemates, the remaining housemates nominate another and the public votes, well I think that's how it works! :blush2:

Liam-
13-09-2014, 08:56 PM
they can stop having celeb ones and have one usa one uk format in a year

I actually like the sound of this!

Glenn.
13-09-2014, 09:40 PM
It doesn't matter what we want. They will continue to put out the same tired old crap they've been putting out since 2011.

ruiphillips
14-09-2014, 08:54 AM
Catwalk replaced in favor for the iconic black car and suitcase entrances.

Remove the stages and bring back the barbwire.

Interview the evictee's in a studio.

Remove Marcus's V.O from voting on live shows (ffs it's annoying)

5 finalists instead of 6.

A more well-paced finale, instead of anti-cliax.

Cal.
14-09-2014, 03:45 PM
Catwalk replaced in favor for the iconic black car and suitcase entrances.

Remove the stages and bring back the barbwire.

Interview the evictee's in a studio.

Remove Marcus's V.O from voting on live shows (ffs it's annoying)

5 finalists instead of 6.

A more well-paced finale, instead of anti-cliax.

And added on from Marcus' V.O comment, Emma should already be standing on the little stage, which is all she needs, not a massive runway and eye studio when the cameras begin rolling. She doesn't need introducing every Friday night for 10 weeks.

Jarrod
14-09-2014, 03:57 PM
And added on from Marcus' V.O comment, Emma should already be standing on the little stage, which is all she needs, not a massive runway and eye studio when the cameras begin rolling. She doesn't need introducing every Friday night for 10 weeks.

No matter how much we moan about the live shows, the eye stage, catwalk and stairs can't be removed until 2017 at least - they've all been contracted by Endemol to stay at Elstree.

However, that doesn't mean the production can't change.

Jarrod
14-09-2014, 04:00 PM
A NEW EVICTION SET. We've had the same for 3 years now, also with the camera angle that showed the fireworks last night (pictured below) just demonstrates how small it is! In an ideal world I'd like them to move back into the George Lucas stage, but I'm not sure whether they can or not because it's currently being controlled by the BBC, but surely they could move into the workshop opposite the house? Or even extend into the massive bit of land right next to the house that was just cleared? Either way I just want to see it change.

The problem with all of this is the contract for the outside set. It's contracted untl 2017.

The GLS is unavailable as far as we know because it's the venue for The Voice and Tumble which air during BB and CBB.

The workshop opposite the House is all production staff for BB, and the task construction etc.

The massive bit of land next to the House has been cleared to make way for a new studio to be constructed.

Beastie
14-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Better housemates who are not "generic" and "polished". You can pick up a good looking person working part time in a supermarket for christ sake!

A mix of the "normal", "posh" and "eccentric" please!

NO outside world contact.

Normal nominations. I think it's a good idea if a housemate even just gets 1 nomination they are automatically put up. It means we get more people to choose from. I would like at least 1 week for all of them to be up. But the game is trying NOT to be nominated and stay in there for as long as possible.

Less meddling from Big Brother.

More booze, parties, better tasks!

NO twists. Maybe a money twist somewhere on the line could be popped in!

A big comfy diary room chair.

A big colourful attractive interior house.

A small pool with a separate jacuzzi at the side.

Robodog
14-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Every CH5 house feels the same, so a different layout would be good. CH4 houses felt very different.

An interior that's more pleasing on the eye. Jim Davidson's year was much better looking than this season's CBB which was awful - but still - even Jim's year looked a bit tacky. Tasteful furnishings and nice lighting would be good to see. Put some antiques in there !

A themed house such as 'Outer space' 'Grimm's fairy tales' 'Wild West' - even a time machine house that changed eras each week ! Such a theme could be a good idea if handled well. This theme could influence the tasks too.

I agree with above posts - more unusual HMs. This year's BB suffered from too many 'typical' character types, i want to see more unique souls in the mix. That's why Gary won! We need less get drunk / Ibiza types - more deep thinkers with life experience.

I like how noms have been mixed up with face to face and certain tasks that guarantee the livelier HMs stay in (eg - i hated James but i'm glad BB kept him in with the dome task). But - there does need to be more straight old skool diary room noms - and vote to save with at least 3 people up.

BOTS is ok overall but we need more Iain Lee and less Lauren Harries. BOTP must stay - the psychs are essential to the overall show. Maybe bring in a male psych - like we used to have Peter Collet and Geoffrey Beattie. It's not essential but a male psych perspective would be fresh.

Also - the worst bits need to be much funnier. There were too many slo-mo montages this year. The very last one on BOTS final night was terrible.

Overall though - it's pretty good. I'm happy with Marcus and all the presenters. Emma and Rylan are great anchors - both warm and true BB fans. Luisa is good value cutting through the sugar. Iain Lee is properly funny and needs to be on there much more. Especially since Jamie left.

Oh yeah and more Ian Symes. He's a good chap.

Beastie
14-09-2014, 06:33 PM
^^^^^ Thank God. Someone else who likes Iain Lee and is not offended by his witty dry honest humour :love:

And yes Iain needs to be on the show a lot more. Not just on a Saturday night.

Keep the psychologists <3 Especially Pam Spurr, Judy James and Jet from Gladiators :love:

Moosething
19-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Maybe one series without a fake eviction :shrug:
It's become something you expect

mrmattybeck1
19-09-2014, 08:28 PM
I can see Viacom scrapping bots and having a new spinoff show next year if renewed

MB.
19-09-2014, 08:32 PM
No matter how much we moan about the live shows, the eye stage, catwalk and stairs can't be removed until 2017 at least - they've all been contracted by Endemol to stay at Elstree.

However, that doesn't mean the production can't change.

Brian Dowling was contracted for another year :hehe:

Marsh.
19-09-2014, 08:34 PM
The eye stage and catwalk have been contracted until 2017?

Eh? Are they alive?

Jamesy
19-09-2014, 08:56 PM
How can you contract a stage? :laugh: I thought it was just the house that is contracted to stay there until (the end of) 2017...

I understand the fencing/perimeter and stands being all fixed as they affect how the area looks on the outside. But the stage, stairs and catwalk are surely just like the interior of the house... a studio space that is removable and replaceable.

Cal.
19-09-2014, 09:01 PM
Yeah I don't think Big Brother will even last until 2017:worry:

zakman440
02-01-2015, 02:10 PM
Just thought I'd bump this as the new series of CBB starts next week...

LukeB
02-01-2015, 02:17 PM
Nominations - I want them to go back to when only 2 was up or more if they have the same amount of nominations as the person who received the 2nd highest of noms etc.

Twist - Not to mess with nominations(BB15 saw hardly any Diary Room nominations :umm2:)

Putting people in with no agency's

Macie Lightfoot
02-01-2015, 09:14 PM
i want them to try a different format, big brother usa format would be great to watch, because then no one can moan about people playing games! because USA big brother is better then the UK one

The few instances we've seen on BBUK where they were allowed to strategize and discuss noms were awful. If that rule didn't get nixed BB13 would've been a piece of ****. And besides, strategy and playing the game and whatever else isn't inherently interesting itself. BBUS is horrid so BBUK doesn't need to borrow anything from it.

Jamesy
02-01-2015, 11:36 PM
The BBUS format just doesn't work here. The British want nice sincere people, not liars and back stabbers. The UK version has and never will be a 'game', it's just purely people watching for entertainment and goes back to the original 'social experiment' origins of Big Brother. We are just an entirely different kind of audience.

Macie Lightfoot
03-01-2015, 12:06 AM
Not only that, but the housemates probably wouldn't even adapt that well to a BBUS format. If they allowed nominations talk throughout BB13, Conor and Arron would've coasted to the final. That's enough evidence to keep BBUK the way it is.

And if you really want to watch the US format, just watch BBUS? And BBCan? There's no need for other programs to change the rules.

TheBigBrother17
03-01-2015, 03:09 AM
Do a sort of back to basics series(with a little twist in the middle.) If that happened I would actually enjoy a C5 BB series

mrmattybeck1
03-01-2015, 01:44 PM
Live feed isn't going to happen sadly

BigSister
03-01-2015, 04:29 PM
Go back to the diary room noms with maybe one or two face to face. And stop messing with the nominations as well. Apart from that I know people who go in are mostly fame savvy but that's the norm now for BB, so yeah I would like more `normal` housemates but that's never going to happen so yeah apart from the noms im happy with BB atm.

Nick.
03-01-2015, 06:13 PM
I'd like at least a few weeks for normal nominations. Also more everyday people who haven't featured in the media.

Jack.
03-01-2015, 06:29 PM
House layout change
A variety of housemates
Normal noms maybe do face to face noms if they are all being too nice to each other in the middle of the series
No launch night twist
No launch night over two nights
Revamp of bots(Presenters,format and layout of the studio)

mrmattybeck1
04-01-2015, 01:02 AM
I must be the only one who likes the fact they twist the nominations every week I got bored of the housemates nominating two people every week for eviction to make it more interesting bring in the points system that they use for bbaustralia

Macie Lightfoot
04-01-2015, 03:10 AM
Having nomination twists every week has been awful. Mondays used to be something to look forward to, but it doesn't even matter if anyone who receives more than one nominations is going to be nominated just because and if half of the nominees will be saved and/or replaced through the twist of the week. At that point, why even have nominations at all? House politics mean next to nothing and that's what nominations are supposed to be all about, and now if you're nominated it will probably be because of random chance or some dumb twist rather than anything you've actually done. We started to see this happen a lot in BB14 but it just got absurd last year.

jennyjuniper
07-01-2015, 05:24 PM
In the summer BB I would like it if they made sure that whoever goes in the house DOESN't have an agent. No conflict of interest types , as was the case with Helen Wood. And last; Punishments should be more than losing the hot water for a few hours. If they discuss nominations, they should automatically be nominated.

zakman440
30-04-2015, 03:30 PM
Wanted to give this another bump as the show starts in a couple of weeks...

Jamesy
30-04-2015, 03:48 PM
Less nomination twists.

Less of Marcus shouting.

No Marcus saying "LEAVE THE BIG BRUVAAA HOUSEEE" when someone is evicted, have some sleek and sexy Big Brother voice do that thing.

Less of this waving the camera around before the titles and each advert break... this isn't a GCSE film and media course, this is a professional production, we don't need to see the camera pan up to the sky then back to Emma's face, just another second of Emma's face will look good enough.

Finally make the finals more like a final show. Have it at 2 or 2 and 1/2 hours long, have long interviews, speak to old housemates, have more highlights, decorate the exterior set a little, make it feel like a big finale and not a quick churn out of 6 finalists with 3 minute interviews.

reece(:
30-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Normal nominations but housemates compete for immunity each week.

Editing is improving, but Marcus needs to revert to his C4 style because he is getting more grating as the years go on.

A more upbeat audience, the incessant booing is draining.

BigSister
30-04-2015, 05:59 PM
Yeah I agree with the immunity idea. Like have a task on the day before and whoever wins that gets immunity but also cant nominate as well as its like influencing the votes if its someone whos quite outspoken in the house but then the immunity goes and they cant also compete that week as theres a chance they could win it again and people would say its fixed by the producers.
Looking at my old post again I say Im happy with BB apart from the nominations being all twists every week. I don't mind one or two twists per season but not when its one every week. A mixture of twists and normal noms would suit be just fine
Tasks- I don't mind the tasks but give them a task. I would love it if they brought back the weekly task with 20% 30% of the weekly shopping. I got sick last year and this CBB when it went ages without them doing a task.
Housemates- Im not lying I would love to see more than half the house normalish but I`m expecting 3/4 of the house to have some sort of agent or be connected somehow to the celeb world. Fine as long as they have some sort of character and not just loud gobby argumentive.
And I also agree with making the final night be more like a final. If that makes sense

Marsh.
30-04-2015, 06:00 PM
Bring in the points system from aus.

They've stolen so much from BBUK, let's steal that! :clap1: