PDA

View Full Version : how to get rid of the flu?

LukeB
20-09-2014, 01:49 PM
does lucozade work or is that a lie to?

Loukas
20-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Eat a WHOLE onion, on it's own. It's awful but it really works. That plus loads of liquids :)
It's a trick my friend told me about, it really worked for me and my symptoms were gone in 24 hours. i swear by this now, loads of my friends do it.

LukeB
20-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Eat a WHOLE onion, on it's own. It's awful but it really works. That plus loads of liquids :)
It's a trick my friend told me about, it really worked for me and my symptoms were gone in 24 hours. i swear by this now, loads of my friends do it.

i drink loads of water but i'm can't stand onions D:

Loukas
20-09-2014, 02:05 PM
i drink loads of water but i'm can't stand onions D:

How about garlic? If not i'm stumped for suggestions :wavey:

Ross.
20-09-2014, 02:15 PM

A whole onion? D:

lostalex
20-09-2014, 02:17 PM
even the flaky papery outside of the onion?

JoshBB
20-09-2014, 02:20 PM
see if you can get anything over-the-counter.

Loukas
20-09-2014, 02:21 PM
A whole onion? D:

yep :smug:

even the flaky papery outside of the onion?

no :hehe: not the flaky papery bit

Kizzy
20-09-2014, 02:25 PM
If you can eat you don't need lucozade, if your temperature goes up take a paracetomol. Don't exercise, get plenty of rest and keep your room warm but not hot and air it everyday.

LemonJam
20-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Lemsip max and lots of fapping works for me.

LukeB
20-09-2014, 02:36 PM
If you can eat you don't need lucozade, if your temperature goes up take a paracetomol. Don't exercise, get plenty of rest and keep your room warm but not hot and air it everyday.

i have got a high temperature :( but i had some lemsip moments ago so i cant take paracetomol

Ross.
20-09-2014, 02:39 PM

:joker:

hijaxers
20-09-2014, 02:46 PM
i have got a high temperature :( but i had some lemsip moments ago so i cant take paracetomol

OK The best thing to take is Echinacea thats what all the the stage stars take not to get ill - its natural and will take days off your suffering - take all winter and you won't get all the colds and flu !

T*
20-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Lucozade works <3

T*
20-09-2014, 02:52 PM

You really need to stop reading fan fics about flame princess.

arista
20-09-2014, 02:54 PM

Eat Hot Currys
Flush the bugger out of you

hijaxers
20-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Lucozade works <3

What rot ! Lucozade is just a massive sugary drink that does bugger ALL

Calderyon
20-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Rest a lot, drink lots of warm drinks and other fluids (to get the flam out) and force a vomit if you have to.

Loukas
20-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Luke force yourself to eat an onion!!

T*
20-09-2014, 02:59 PM

U wot m8, you wanna f8 :fist:

Anyway, There's glucose in it; That will provide luke with energy and make him feel a bit better.

LukeB
20-09-2014, 02:59 PM
Eat Hot Currys
Flush the bugger out of you

ew currys lol! but i should try

it helped me before but i only had a little cold

Rest a lot, drink lots of warm drinks and other fluids (to get the flam out) and force a vomit if you have to.

will hot water help? and force vomit?

Luke force yourself to eat an onion!!

:laugh2: no thank you i just can't

LukeB
20-09-2014, 03:00 PM
U wot m8, you wanna f8 :fist:

Anyway, There's glucose in it; That will provide luke with energy and make him feel a bit better.

thank you :)

hijaxers
20-09-2014, 03:00 PM
ew currys lol! but i should try

it helped me before but i only had a little cold

will hot water help? and force vomit?

:laugh2: no thank you i just can't
Luke just take Echinacea and 4get the rest

Josy
20-09-2014, 03:01 PM
I would take a guess that you don't have 'the flu' but a cold instead, you wouldn't be on here posting of you had the flu.

You can't cure it either way, you can only treat the symptoms to help make you feel better until it's gone.

Hot Drinks (I always have chicken soup)
Breathe in steam to clear your airways and help a sore throat
Rest
Gargle either crushed up paracetamol added to water or salt water for a sore/raw throat
Keep yourself well hydrated

LukeB
20-09-2014, 03:03 PM
I would take a guess that you don't have 'the flu' but a cold instead, you wouldn't be on here posting of you had the flu.

You can't cure it either way, you can only treat the symptoms to help make you feel better until it's gone.

Hot Drinks (I always have chicken soup)
Breathe in steam to clear your airways and help a sore throat
Rest
Gargle either crushed up paracetamol added to water or salt water for a sore/raw throat
Keep yourself well hydrated

i got blocked nose, cough, keep sneezing, i feel so warm, kinda of a sore throat and my arms are hurting to, but i drink loads of water and coffee and started on lemsip :yuk:

Kizzy
20-09-2014, 03:04 PM

There's paracetomol in lemsip, don't take any more. Is it manflu? that's the worst kind ;)

Jordan.
20-09-2014, 03:06 PM
I have a cold I just went and bought some lemsips and lockets for my cough :worry:

LukeB
20-09-2014, 03:07 PM
There's paracetomol in lemsip, don't take any more. Is it manflu? that's the worst kind ;)

are my arms suppose to hurt to? and man flu :laugh:

LukeB
20-09-2014, 03:09 PM
I have a cold I just went and bought some lemsips and lockets for my cough :worry:

got my mum to get me some lucozade , wished i told her to get some lockets to

Suze
20-09-2014, 03:12 PM
PLJ is pure lemon juice, probably cheaper than lemsip so can't you just add some hot water to that, then take paracetamol seperate. Also I find a few drops of Eucalyptus oil on a hankie helps with the sinuses, you can also place the hankie under a pillow at night.

hijaxers
20-09-2014, 03:12 PM
i got blocked nose, cough, keep sneezing, i feel so warm, kinda of a sore throat and my arms are hurting to, but i drink loads of water and coffee and started on lemsip :yuk:

Are ya listening Echinacea is the VERY best thing to take Boots stock it as do health food shops - completely natural and proven to work !!!

Suze
20-09-2014, 03:13 PM
got my mum to get me some lucozade , wished i told her to get some lockets to

I really can't see Lucozade being that beneficial apart from if you like the taste then that will make you feel better.

LukeB
20-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Are ya listening Echinacea is the VERY best thing to take Boots stock it as do health food shops - completely natural and proven to work !!!

i told my mum try to find that to but she forgot :facepalm:

Suze
20-09-2014, 03:15 PM

You've convinced me :D Although I rarely get flu, probably will now I have said that though.

hijaxers
20-09-2014, 03:16 PM
i told my mum try to find that to but she forgot :facepalm:

Gingko is excellent for memory = keeps a good blood supply to the brain

LukeB
20-09-2014, 03:18 PM
i said the other day i havn't had a cold this year and i guessed i jinxed it but a cough and sore throat came with it :fist: i should be in bed but that's boring so i just chill on my bed with my laptop to make the time go faster

Ross.
20-09-2014, 03:24 PM
All the lucozade shade in this thread http://i.imgur.com/I9puyW8.gif

LukeB
20-09-2014, 03:38 PM
All the lucozade shade in this thread http://i.imgur.com/I9puyW8.gif

my names in lucozade well kind of :hehe:

#justiceforlucozade

kirklancaster
20-09-2014, 03:49 PM

Just open the front door and let the flu out because you probably opened the door and in flew enza. :hehe: Seriously, just dope yourself up on Beechams powders. Not the Lemsip or flavoured ones, just ordinary Beechams. They always work for me. Get well soon.:wavey:

LukeB
20-09-2014, 03:50 PM
is there a virus going around or something? it's been hot outside so i don't understand why i'm ill

rubymoo
26-09-2014, 05:24 PM
is there a virus going around or something? it's been hot outside so i don't understand why i'm ill

Are you better now?:wavey:

LukeB
26-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Are you better now?:wavey:

yes :D i'm feeling 100%
thank you

Raph
26-09-2014, 05:26 PM
I tend to take advil/Tylenol (not sure how to spell that), when im ill. Hope you feel better soon man!

rubymoo
26-09-2014, 05:27 PM
yes :D i'm feeling 100%
thank you

Good:hug:

LukeB
26-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Good:hug:

lucozade helped to, my taste buds are back to and eating normal :dance:
:hug:

LeatherTrumpet
26-09-2014, 05:30 PM

Well I am betting you do not have the Flu. You get the Flu once perhaps twice in your life and you never forget it.

When you have the Flu you will be in bed and if someone said that there was £1000 in your garden waiting for you to collect you would leave it.

The cold is not the Flu. :nono:

Calderyon
26-09-2014, 05:31 PM
^ He doesn“t have anything anymore as he is cured.

LeatherTrumpet
26-09-2014, 05:33 PM
^ He doesn“t have anything anymore as he is cured.

He needs a good shake and a boot outside to get some fresh air

LukeB
26-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Well I am betting you do not have the Flu. You get the Flu once perhaps twice in your life and you never forget it.

When you have the Flu you will be in bed and if someone said that there was £1000 in your garden waiting for you to collect you would leave it.

The cold is not the Flu. :nono:

i'm better now but i did have the symptoms
Sweats.
Aches and pains in muscles and joints.
A dry cough.
Sore throat.
Sneezing.
Headache.

but i didn't want to stay in bed because my bed will become wet from me being sweaty and no one would change them for me

LeatherTrumpet
26-09-2014, 05:36 PM
i'm better now but i did have the symptoms
Sweats.
Aches and pains in muscles and joints.
A dry cough.
Sore throat.
Sneezing.
Headache.

but i didn't want to stay in bed because my bed will become wet from me being sweaty and no one would change them for me

You did not have the Flu. Influenza is a very dangerous and serious illness. You had a cold for want of a better word

LukeB
26-09-2014, 05:39 PM
You did not have the Flu. Influenza is a very dangerous and serious illness. You had a cold for want of a better word

whatever it was, it wasn't a cold, my bones never hurt whenever i had a cold in my life or a sore throat or a cough at the same time

LeatherTrumpet
26-09-2014, 05:43 PM
whatever it was, it wasn't a cold, my bones never hurt whenever i had a cold in my life or a sore throat or a cough at the same time

Perhaps a virus but not the Flu

erinp5
26-09-2014, 05:48 PM

I have the same^^ and I have just taken plenty of water ,lemsip, and Vic at night .I was told to rub my feet with Vic and put on socks to sleep with the rest of the night ...I had a great night's sleep last night !!
Tonight I am having a rusty nail (Drambuie and Scotch whisky)...that I know works.:thumbs:

LukeB
26-09-2014, 05:50 PM
I have the same^^ and I have just taken plenty of water ,lemsip, and Vic at night .I was told to rub my feet with Vic and put on socks to sleep with the rest of the night ...I had a great night's sleep last night !!
Tonight I am having a rusty nail (Drambuie and Scotch whisky)...that I know works.:thumbs:

i'm better now :D
i just had loads of liquids and stayed away from people

LeatherTrumpet
26-09-2014, 05:56 PM
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/2006-09-24-flu-colds-inside_x.htm

Josy
26-09-2014, 06:03 PM
I have a cold atm and swollen glands D:

LukeB
26-09-2014, 06:09 PM
I have a cold atm and swollen glands D:

drink lucozade it helps

Kizzy
26-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Lucozade is just sugar and caffeine, it not good for you.

Marc
26-09-2014, 06:12 PM
fluids, mostly water not sweet ones.

LukeB
26-09-2014, 06:14 PM

it kinda helped me it's got glucose in it

rubymoo
27-09-2014, 08:31 PM

Agree with this.

Freshly squeezed lemon in warm water.

Try to reduce sugar intake as sugar suppresses the immune system.

Vitamin C 1000mg a day (when i was really poorly i took 3000mg a day and it really helped)

Veggie juice, and warming homemade soup, with garlic and onion added.

Don't forget plenty of room temperature water.:wavey: