PDA

View Full Version : How much fruit and veg do you eat?

Josy
22-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Basically what the title says, how much fruit and veg do you eat?

We have veg with most dinners so say probably 5 or 6 times a week and we have fruit most days too.

Niamh.
22-09-2014, 11:12 AM
I have maybe one piece of fruit a day and we have 2 or three types of veg with out dinner most days

Kyle
22-09-2014, 11:23 AM
I have grapes, apples and a banana usually as many days as I can.

Veg varies. Mostly have veg but sometimes you just want a meal that all tastes good so the veg ****s off back to the freezer.

Niamh.
22-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Frozen veg is horrible anyway though

LeatherTrumpet
22-09-2014, 11:25 AM
I am good on veg and bad on fruit. I may have like 3 bananas, 6 wee oranges and some tinned peaches in a week

I have peppers, beetroot, peas, beans, sweetcorn, broccoli, chilies pretty much every day

LeatherTrumpet
22-09-2014, 11:27 AM
I has so many chillies on Sat that I had the bogroll in the fridge all day sunday

I was burning with a Ring of fire like the song says

I nearly turned myself inside out

Kyle
22-09-2014, 11:28 AM
Frozen veg is horrible anyway though

Well 10 I don't live in a village with a huge allotment where I can go out every morning in my gaiters and hoe and go and rustle up some fresh tatties and peas to garnish my freshly culled lamb chowder that I bought from Declan the friendly butcher down on third street whilst walking my wolf hound to go and collect last months post........so frozen veg will have to do for me :fist::flower::flower::flower:

Niamh.
22-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Well 10 I don't live in a village with a huge allotment where I can go out every morning in my gaiters and hoe and go and rustle up some fresh tatties and peas to garnish my freshly culled lamb chowder that I bought from Declan the friendly butcher down on third street whilst walking my wolf hound to go and collect last months post........so frozen veg will have to do for me :fist::flower::flower::flower:

lol they do sell non frozen veg in supermarkets too you know :hehe:

Kyle
22-09-2014, 11:32 AM

Is that near the pot noodle aisle?

LeatherTrumpet
22-09-2014, 11:32 AM

:fist: Its easy for you, working in the fields, to slip some king Edwards down yer pinny, gather chives from the hedgerows and barter for carrots from the gypsies but some of us live miles from the shops so rely on out frozen friends

Josy
22-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Eww frozen veg aka watery mush

Kyle
22-09-2014, 11:39 AM
:fist: Its easy for you, working in the fields, to slip some king Edwards down yer pinny, gather chives from the hedgerows and barter for carrots from the gypsies but some of us live miles from the shops so rely on out frozen friends

Might take her a while to reply to you. Those Asparagus spears are a bastard to dig up this time of year. :grin2:

smudgie
22-09-2014, 11:44 AM
I am useless at eating veg, fruit not so bad.
Strawberries grapes, bananas are the best.
Can't remember when I last ate a dinner, even though I do make them for hubby.
Off meat as well now..must be the old age setting in.

Marc
22-09-2014, 11:46 AM
I try to eat at least one piece of fruit each day. Then some veg with dinner; I really should have at least five a day

Sophiee
22-09-2014, 12:02 PM
I eat 1/2 pieces of fruit every day usually and then probably 1/2 types of vegetables for dinner, definitely never exceed the 5-a-day though :laugh:.

LeatherTrumpet
22-09-2014, 12:05 PM
I have jam every morning so thats fruit