PDA

View Full Version : Fame Academy Snippets

peachy
14-02-2003, 10:06 AM
I thought some people might be interested in knowing what is going on with various Fame Academy ex-students so these are the snippets I've gleaned. Most of which you'll probably know anyway but here they are:

Sinead's single MIGHT just make it to No1 this weekend but more likely will be 2nd or 3rd, so if anyone was considering buying it, do it now. As well as 'I can't Breakdown' it has Macy Gray's 'I Try' and 'Don't Speak on it.

Ainslie's single is Keep Me a Secret released on 24thFeb. It has Take out Time (which he wrote in the academy) and 'Dont Get me wrong' on it. It also has the video of KMAS included.

Malachi has an ALBUM due out on March 10th. I don't know why they haven't released a single first but presumably they think he is more of an album artist. He has written 7 original songs for it, of which 5 are definitely going to be included and they are making decisions about his other 2 songs shortly. He has been recording this album for the last few weeks and will therefore be the only FA student with an album out while the tour is on.

Lemar is appearing at various Butlin's all this week alongside Pippa. As far as anyone seems to know he has not yet been signed to a recording contract. He is obliged to give Mercury the option for a set period and they don't seem to be going to sign him.

Pippa is supposed to be having a record out for a small record company the same day as Ainslie.

Romantic Old Bird
14-02-2003, 10:10 AM
Well peach old chum, your encyclopaedic knowledge of matters FA is impressive!!:thumbs::hello::thumbs:.

What I really want to know though, is:

What about the stuff?? Is it happening? What's the latest on M&S???:conf:

peachy
14-02-2003, 10:25 AM
You told me you weren't interested!!

Ok, no 'stuff' going on as far as I know:blush: Sinead says she's too busy and Malachi has been in a recording studio 12-14 hours a day trying to complete the album in record (like the pun) time. Both seem to be playing it cool and I don't blame them really.

Anyway, I've decided that she's not right for him, too cool and ambitious, don't you think?
:xyxwave:

BusyBee
14-02-2003, 10:27 AM
Well I know what Sinead is doing on Valentine's Night - she is appearing at the local out of town Mall in Bristol to promote her record.

Very romantic that.

BigSister
14-02-2003, 06:16 PM
I might buy Sineads Single I really hope it gets to No1 but top 10 wouldnt be so bad:hugesmile:

And Im going 2 see the tour so lets keep the songs flowing:hugesmile:

James
14-02-2003, 08:07 PM
Ainslie is on The Saturday Show - not tomorrow but the week after. He's also on Des O' Conners show on the Monday of that week.

Also, as Peachy said, it looks like Sinead will be in at number 2, with Tatu holding onto the top spot.

Sinead's on CD:UK tomorrow. I don't know if this means she'll also be on Brian's show.

That's all I know.

:hugesmile:

Boris
14-02-2003, 08:47 PM
Anyway, I've decided that she's not right for him, too cool and ambitious, don't you think?

A touch hard on the poor girl Peach old thing , she is busy making herself into A STAR.

Another time another place and things would have been VERY different I think.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Romantic Old Bird
15-02-2003, 06:39 AM
Ah, but Boris, we on here know that true love will find a way, even if the other half is so fond of privacy that it carries the cost of lost opportunities...........:bawling:

Kaz
15-02-2003, 08:05 AM
For all Ainslie fans, I've just heard Jonathan Ross announce that he's coming up on his programme shortly. :thumbs:

Tune into Radio 2 now!! :laugh: :dazzler: :laugh:

Boris
15-02-2003, 08:26 AM
Ah, but Boris, we on here know that true love will find a way, even if the other half is so fond of privacy that it carries the cost of lost opportunities...........

Don't think 'privacy' is an issue right now for this pair.( Although under the camera I think it was) Just both pursuing their once in a lifetime chance.

Maybe in the future..............who knows.

I will watch this space if no ohter does !!

:love::dazzler::love::dazzler::love::dazzler:

James
15-02-2003, 06:50 PM
Pippa's first record is going to be a cover of Aerosmith's 'I don't want to miss a thing', I've just noticed.

:shocked:

Janette
15-02-2003, 07:07 PM
This morning while I was getting ready for work, Ainslie's "Keep Me A Secret" came on the tv, it's a stonking video and the song holds up really well.

Two hours later, at work, the song came on again, but this time it was on the radio. It sounded awful!

I can't remember who said that Ainslie's voice wouldn't sound that good on radio was right. His performances are fabulous but if I was just giving my opinion on what I heard on the radio, I'd have to say thanks but no thanks!

Kaz
15-02-2003, 08:38 PM
I think it was actually Carrie Grant who said she wasn't sure how well Ainslie's voice would sound on radio - she felt it would be far better at a live concert.

Was it the accoustic version of 'Keep Me a Secret' Ainslie performed on the Jonathan Ross show that you heard, Janette? If it was, then I would agree that it wasn't nearly as good as the single. :dazzler:

Janette
15-02-2003, 08:43 PM
I think it was Kaz, it was just him and a guitar, it sounded awful!

So disappointing, I wanted Ainslie to bring out a belter and he's done a dirge!

:nono:

James
15-02-2003, 09:48 PM
You can listen to Ainslie's interview and performances on JR's show on the web:

rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio2/ross.ra

Advance the slider to about 43 minutes, unless you want to hear the whole 3 hours.

:hugesmile:

Boris
16-02-2003, 07:46 AM
it was just him and a guitar, it sounded awful!

When 'Push comes to shove' No amount of mechanical 'gizzmos' can make up for having a very inferior voice. He may be able to 'Wow' everyone with his performances, his CD might sounds great in some circs, but if it is all machanically aided when it comes to just singing - he can't do it.

Sad really !!

peachy
16-02-2003, 08:01 AM
Boris, you said I was a touch hard on Sinead and then you post really harshly on poor Ainslie. Ok, I know he isn't the best singer in the world but he is ok. Sometimes his tuning goes a bit awry but he is such a performer and as Jonathan Ross has just said (thanks James) he should have won!!

Great interview, James, I'm so glad you gave me the link. Keep finding snippets, I for one will be pleased.:xyxwave:

peachy
16-02-2003, 05:11 PM
As James and I feared Sinead didn't quite make it to No 1. Once again, she was the runner-up in Number 2 position. Never mind, Sinead I still think your song knocked spots off those Russian lesbians/bi-sexuals.

Boris
16-02-2003, 06:55 PM
Boris, you said I was a touch hard on Sinead and then you post really harshly on poor Ainslie.

Have to face it Peachy, I'm just a HARD woman....well with a name like 'Boris' what can you expect.

I am gutted that Sinead didn't reach No. 1 - always the bridesmaid - maybe she will creep up next week.

I still don't agree with JR, but then I rarely do ! I enjoyed the interview anyway James.You can still like someone peachy even if you don't think they are the best at something .
Ta Ta for now.:dazzler::dazzler::dazzler:

BigSister
17-02-2003, 04:35 PM
Well Done Sinead for Number 2:thumbs:

LEE
17-02-2003, 04:50 PM
I was amazed to read earlier today that in the Irish Charts Sinead only debuted at No 13.

I thought she would be far higher than that with all the support she had over there.

CLICK HERE to read full article (http://www.rte.ie/arts/2003/0217/quinns.html)

Amy
17-02-2003, 09:16 PM
I think it's a great song and should have got to number 1 :nono: If i could write songs like that then i would be happy with I can't breakdown :thumbs:

Janette
18-02-2003, 07:58 AM
I actually think Sinead's song is probably the best one that has come out of the academy, it's a good rock/pop song that should appeal to lots of people.

Unfortunately, we've had SO MANY reality stars on the tv recently that Sinead is probably suffering from reality overload! People are not buying because of the "reality" factor.

Sad really, because she could be a star, I hope she continues to work and shake off the reality tag.

:thumbs:

peachy
18-02-2003, 08:10 AM
I hope so too Janette, but I fear all the fame Academy ex-students are going to find it quite tough out there, except perhaps for David, who does appeal to a wider audience and of course, was the winner. He will probably find it easiest, I think. I do agree about Sinead, in fact I think the talent amongst the last few in FA was exceptional. I want them to succeed and be able to build proper careers but I doubt that the media is going to allow this to happen. If they continually put them down as second-rate because they've come to prominence by a different route the public will believe the adverse publicity, I fear. :bawling:

As far as the Irish charts are concerned, apparently new entries always chart lower in the Irish charts. Also, Sinead is from N. ireland. I don't think FA was shown on TV in Southern Ireland.

Amy
18-02-2003, 07:12 PM
Did anyone see Rise this morning :conf: Kevin Adams was on there promoting Celeb FA :thumbs: He was defending FA as he always did in the house and also said the last 5 are tough and he's sure they'll keep their feet on the ground and do well (fingers crossed) it was nice to see a part of FA again even if just an interview :thumbs:

James
25-02-2003, 12:29 PM
Ainslie was on Liquid News yesterday.

You can watch the show here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/news/liquidnews/video/ram/ln_daily.ram

Romantic Old Bird
25-02-2003, 08:12 PM
I have a strong feeling Ainslie will make it and become an established successful artist.

He has a presence, a rock sort of 'this is me, take it or leave it' thing going on. He held the camera well on The Saturday Show against 'Blue' and all those hypercharged presenters.

I prefer Keep Me a Secret to Sinead's record. He his Counting Crows-ish and yet still unique.

Good Luck Ainslie!!:hello::hello::hello::hello: