PDA

View Full Version : BB16 - Vote to Save or Vote to Evict?

Headie
07-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Which one would you like to see for BB16? CBB always does VTS, so I'm hoping the civillian series will too.

I still stand by the idea that if BB15 had been VTS it could've been one of the best series we've ever had. Hopefully producers look at last series and try and make changes from it (starting with bring back VTS).

LukeB
07-01-2015, 04:22 PM
VTS

Black Dagger
07-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Save! But it's not been a disaster for me evict. All my faves made the final

JoshBB
07-01-2015, 04:50 PM
I've actually prefered Vote to Evict recently, much easier to boot out the idiots who do nothing.

MB.
07-01-2015, 04:53 PM
One of the few improvement C5 made on regular BB was introducing vote to save, so I'd go back to it - but maybe VTE makes them more money (so the question would be why don't they use VTE for the more-watched CBB?). They need to decide on one or the other, anyway, because separate voting systems for CBB and regular BB is ridiculous.

Plus, VTS helps housemates build up a fan base, whereas VTE just helps people to get rid of the biggest character of the week.

Headie
07-01-2015, 05:03 PM
I've actually prefered Vote to Evict recently, much easier to boot out the idiots who do nothing.

Not really as they haven't really done anything to even make people hate them if they just sit there and do nothing :shrug:

VTS works more for that theory, as CBB has proved.

LukeB
07-01-2015, 05:04 PM
VTS could most likely save our Toya Hayden </3 I always think about that

Vanessa
07-01-2015, 05:15 PM
Vote to save most likely.

zakman440
07-01-2015, 05:17 PM
VTS, that way there's a higher chance that the more entertaining housemates stay.

Headie
07-01-2015, 05:19 PM
VTS could most likely save our Toya Hayden </3 I always think about that

I know </3 BB15 had loads of good individual characters but a horrific boot order which I put down to VTE

LukeB
07-01-2015, 05:22 PM
I know </3 BB15 had loads of good individual characters but a horrific boot order which I put down to VTE

Especially with Marlon staying longer because it was VTE

Only down point about VTS is good looking boys being in the house. Because it's mainly Girls voting.

Samm
07-01-2015, 05:38 PM
VTS

thinkingoutloud
07-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Vote to save. Vote to evict just eliminates the most entertaining housemates instantly.

Vanessa
07-01-2015, 05:44 PM
Vote to save. Vote to evict just eliminates the most entertaining housemates instantly.

True! :joker:

Natalie.
07-01-2015, 05:46 PM
What was bb15? the one they didn't use anyway

Jamesy
07-01-2015, 05:49 PM
VTS on principle. Although all the VTE series have worked out just fine I think, never had my favs evicted early on

Pete.
08-01-2015, 07:33 PM
VTS #Justice4Toya

Macie Lightfoot
08-01-2015, 09:23 PM
The VTE/VTS debate is extremely tired and pointless. There's no perfect voting system and VTS and VTE have both had their very good and very bad results. I know people love the idea of VTS but its effect is tremendously overstated. Like, Frenchy was evicted in a six-way VTS that included Ricci and Stephanie. It's really not a better system.

Headie
08-01-2015, 10:13 PM
The VTE/VTS debate is extremely tired and pointless. There's no perfect voting system and VTS and VTE have both had their very good and very bad results. I know people love the idea of VTS but its effect is tremendously overstated. Like, Frenchy was evicted in a six-way VTS that included Ricci and Stephanie. It's really not a better system.

My theory is that the effectiveness of VTS can't really be tested as well with CBB as it can with BB, as most celebs that go in already have loyal fanbase, and they're unlikely to lose loyal fans and more likely to gain fans based off whatever actions they do, whereas with normal BB the public don't know any of them beforehand so everyone is on a level playing field and the bores are just left to die (theoretically speaking, of course... ;))

Daniel-X
24-01-2015, 07:57 PM
Vote to save

Vote to evict is crap as all the entertaining housemates go

Cal.
24-01-2015, 09:03 PM
My theory is that the effectiveness of VTS can't really be tested as well with CBB as it can with BB, as most celebs that go in already have loyal fanbase, and they're unlikely to lose loyal fans and more likely to gain fans based off whatever actions they do, whereas with normal BB the public don't know any of them beforehand so everyone is on a level playing field and the bores are just left to die (theoretically speaking, of course... ;))

Didn't Heaven (from BB12 - didn't watch ofc) go early in her series though and it was VTS?

MB.
24-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Didn't Heaven (from BB12 - didn't watch ofc) go early in her series though and it was VTS?

But she was up against Aaron and... I guess someone somewhere must have liked Aden....

Plus, she was the first black woman to survive a head to head eviction - VTS may have had a role in that.

Macie Lightfoot
24-01-2015, 10:16 PM
Or maybe it was just that Rebeckah was generally loathed idk :shrug:

All VTS does is allow festering pieces of **** like Conor and Jim Davidson to last weeks longer than they would've if people actually had the opportunity to evict them. Nothing else actually changed with VTS.

MB.
24-01-2015, 10:39 PM
Or maybe it was just that Rebeckah was generally loathed idk :shrug:

That may have helped.

joeysteele
24-01-2015, 11:39 PM
I would prefer vote to save as I really dislike vote to evict.

However it will be vote to evict for ordinary BB,I feel sure of that.

Headie
25-01-2015, 12:17 AM
They should stick with the noms rules they have now - 3 or more up.

But 3+ up is pointless unless it's VTS, as a head2head just becomes a reverse VTE.

So yeah, VTS with 3+ up please.

Daniel-X
25-01-2015, 10:50 AM
To be honest my favourite format of vote is when every housemate with one nomination or more gets put up. If I was producer I would do this but maybe up it every housemate with two nominations or more in a vote to save

I mean surely they make more money plus it gets rid of boring non entity housemates

Beastie
25-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Definitely a vote to SAVE. And with no pass to the final or "killer" nomination please!

Beastie
25-01-2015, 02:05 PM
Yes I think even if you just get 1 nomination then you should automatically be put up. Then there is more choice in a vote to save! I am sick of some housemates sailing through and getting away with not being put up for eviction!

Jason.
25-01-2015, 05:24 PM
I don't get the hype for VTS.
It failed to save Frenchy in CBB14, in a 6 way vote against Ricci Guarnaccio FGS.
I don't mind it for CBB, but for the ordinary BB, I think VTE is perfect.
In hindsight, VTS wouldn't have changed BB15 much. Possibly Week 1 and 3 evictions would have been different.
Are we also forgetting that Biannca was evicted against Pav in a VTS?

Macie Lightfoot
25-01-2015, 06:02 PM
All VTS does is keep ****heads like Conor and Jim Davidson in. VTE at least gives us the chance to get rid of them.

MB.
25-01-2015, 06:09 PM
All VTS does is keep ****heads like Conor and Jim Davidson in. VTE at least gives us the chance to get rid of them.

Yeah, it gives you the chance, but how often does it work out? Look at the douches who coasted through on VTE during the Channel 4 days (and the recent Channel 5 days, hi Ash) - mostly because they were male and weren't exactly hideously-looking regardless of whether they actually did anything in the house.

Both systems have their flaws but at least VTS is the fairest way of measuring popularity.

ruiphillips
03-02-2015, 07:24 AM
Evict. It's classic Big brother.

Lostie!
03-02-2015, 04:12 PM
I voted "I don't care" on the poll because there are instances where it has the opposite effect from the one expected, but I do prefer VTE as it generally punishes nastiness, while VTS has rewarded it plenty of times. There's less satisfaction of a twat getting the most votes and being turfed out, the twats are usually kept around and are given the chance to feel like their ****ty behaviour is valued. :idc:

And as ruiphillips says, VTE feels like classic BB.

Ross.
04-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Vote To Save because that (usually) ensures that the best housemates stay in and the bores leave early.

Macie Lightfoot
04-02-2015, 02:21 PM
does is tho.

Jake.
04-02-2015, 02:51 PM
Both have pros and cons. In bigger evictions VTS is actually useless at times (Leslie & Frenchy both going springs to mind)

Headie
04-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Both have pros and cons. In bigger evictions VTS is actually useless at times (Leslie & Frenchy both going springs to mind)

I think that was more a case of them not having that big of a fanbase to begin with and then their fans that they gained through the process thinking they would be safe as they'd already survived previous evictions or won popularity polls or w/e.

I honestly think it would work much better with civillian series as A) None of them have pre-existing fans to begin with B) The civillians series with VTS still had the 2 or more up rule, so I think they need to do a tester series with 3 or 4+ up VTS in a civillian series and see the outcome.

Maxxie.
04-02-2015, 03:53 PM
VTS as long as that's not an exuse to put more than 2 housemates up for eviction. Just 2 unless its a tie

Jake.
05-02-2015, 02:21 PM
I just kinda missed the old days where you had two massive characters pitted against eachother.. The atmosphere was amazing... But what with producers sticking up who they please, whenever they please and rushed, sloppy eviction shows with the same awful crowd, it doesn't happen now

Samm
17-06-2016, 10:06 PM
I know there's other threads but I couldn't find them, I've changed my mind after tonight!

http://abload.de/img/cakeflgovr.gif

Pete.
17-06-2016, 10:08 PM
I've grown to prefer the traditional VTE

Jason.
17-06-2016, 10:09 PM
It got rid of Marco and gave us the first male first boot

so VTE >>

Headie
17-06-2016, 10:09 PM
Changed my mind now :fan:

Jason.
17-06-2016, 10:10 PM
VTS for CBB though cause it's shorter and idc if I lose one my faves in CBB cause it's only like 3 weeks anyway

Samm
17-06-2016, 10:10 PM
VTS for CBB though cause it's shorter and idc if I lose one my faves in CBB cause it's only like 3 weeks anyway

Yeah ia, the VTE for civilian and VTS for CBB has worked in the long run

MB.
17-06-2016, 10:12 PM
Civilian BB makes me hate VTE and CBB makes me hate VTS and overall this show just makes me hate the British public so yeah I'm fickle like that

(but currently, VTE > VTS)