PDA

View Full Version : Popstars:The Rivals tour cancelled.

LEE
19-02-2003, 06:23 AM
According to The Sun, the joint tour of Girls Aloud and One True Voice has been cancelled due to lack of ticket sales.

CLICK HERE to read full article (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003080728,00.html)

:flower:

Romantic Old Bird
19-02-2003, 06:57 AM
Ooops, posted briefly on the wrong thread, sorry!

Oh dear.

As long as the Fame Academy Tour isn't cancelled, I must admit I won't loose much sleep over it though!

'The Rivals' did not grab my attention at all I am afraid. Couldn't even name more than a couple of the whole lot. I know all these shows were contrived, but this one felt it far more than most of the others.

Except for perhaps 'Undercover Lovers'! Narinder really failed to convince me she was remotely interested. The term 'wooden' springs to mind.

Conversely, in 'the Rivals' Davina verged on hysteria the whole way through, trying way too hard to drum up national fervour.

jbellemeg
19-02-2003, 07:06 AM
I can't say i'm suprised. The Rivals was no competition to Popstars.
If we hadn't had Popstars we wouldn't have Will and the gang.
The Rivals were never going to be big stars.:thumbs:

Kaz
19-02-2003, 07:59 AM
I'm not surprised either.

Although I did watch Popstars the Rivals, it was a bit like my 'BB1 Syndrome' - after it had finished, I wasn't the slightest bit interested in following the fortunes of the winning bands.

Jbellemeg - I think you're referring to Pop Idol, rather than Popstars (that gave us the late lamented Hear'say!!). Confusing, isn't it? :spin2:

Pop Idol for me definitely comes under my 'BB2 Syndrome', where I am genuinely interested in following the progress of Will, Darius, Zoe (and yes Miriam, even Gareth!). Especially lovely Will. :love:

You need more than a TV programme to make someone, or a group of people, into a star - they have to have 'star quality' to begin with, and I don't think either Girls Aloud or One True Voice have that. :bawling:

BigSister
19-02-2003, 03:05 PM
I heard about this on the news
As long as Fame Acadamy tour isnt cancelled Im happy

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

jbellemeg
19-02-2003, 07:41 PM
How stupid can you get.
Yes of course it was Pop Idol.
Can't think why I put Popstars.:blush::blush::blush::blush:

You will have to put it down to my age.:hugesmile:

James
19-02-2003, 08:48 PM
I thought Popstars (the first series) was actually better than Pop Idol - although I only started watching Popstars after the band was selected.

Anyone agree with me?

Anyone?

:hugesmile:

LEE
19-02-2003, 08:54 PM
I did enjoy the first series of Popstars James, but I'm afraid I thought Pop Idol outshone it by miles.

It was Pop Idol that introduced the concept of the live shows and the fact that the public voted people off and made decisions about the band.

This gripped me far more than Popstars did and I think provided much better entertainment. We also got to know the contestants far better because of it as well.

:dazzler:

LEE
20-02-2003, 06:32 AM
Granada are considering sueing the tour promoter over the axing of the tour.

CLICK HERE to read Media Guardian article (http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,898800,00.html)

LEE
20-02-2003, 06:37 AM
A quote from Louis Walsh:

-------------------------------

"It looks like the girls are going to be really, really big - internationally as well as in the UK.

"Girls Aloud are doing brilliantly and they don't need to be supported by anyone else.

"The association with the boys was letting them down. The boys are not looking good at all. The girls are absolutely delighted. They're going to be massive.

-------------------------------

Er... GA a really big international act, I don't think so. :laugh:

CLICK HERE to read the full article (http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,898706,00.html)

WILDCHILD
20-02-2003, 12:09 PM
What is Louis Walsh like?
I think the amount of boasting he is doing wil get him in hot water soon because he's overdoing it.
He is surely allowed to praise the girls but soon people will get bored of him because at the moment, they havent done enough to make them that great.:bouncy: