PDA

View Full Version : Cap vs Foils?

Josy
31-01-2015, 10:01 AM
Ladies (or gents that get highlights? idk)

What do you think is better for a full head of highlights, the cap or foils?

AnnieK
31-01-2015, 10:06 AM
I don't get highlights but I have in the past and preferred the cap.....the regrowth is less obvious IMO and a more natural look

Josy
31-01-2015, 10:37 AM
I don't get highlights but I have in the past and preferred the cap.....the regrowth is less obvious IMO and a more natural look

Annie I swore I wouldn't get them again because I think they damaged my hair but it's been a few years and I just fancy a change really, so my hairdresser has asked do you want to try the cap this time

I have had both the foils and the cap in the past and I felt the cap was quite sore but I'm thinking that all depends on the hairdresser that's doing it.

Think I will go for the cap today :think:

AnnieK
31-01-2015, 11:08 AM
Annie I swore I wouldn't get them again because I think they damaged my hair but it's been a few years and I just fancy a change really, so my hairdresser has asked do you want to try the cap this time

I have had both the foils and the cap in the past and I felt the cap was quite sore but I'm thinking that all depends on the hairdresser that's doing it.

Think I will go for the cap today :think:

Yeah....if you hair dresser is brutal with the pick thing they bring your hair through the cap with it can be sore but I do think the end result is more a more natural look.

Cherie
31-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Not had high/low lights for a while but I prefer foils, that picking the hair through a cap thing personally I think damages your hair as it breaks it trying to drag it through, plus it is torture and I like the hairdressers to be a pleasurable experience.

Josy
31-01-2015, 02:31 PM
Well I went for the foils in the end :laugh:

Niamh.
16-03-2015, 02:48 PM
I remember years ago when I first started getting highlights they only used the cap, i hated it, it was eye watering when they pulled the hair through with that crochet hook thing. I much prefer foils

Josy
16-03-2015, 02:55 PM
I remember years ago when I first started getting highlights they only used the cap, i hated it, it was eye watering when they pulled the hair through with that crochet hook thing. I much prefer foils

Yeah I have some bad memories of the cap too

I'm due to get mine done again in a month or so, will just go for the t bar foils I think.

BigSister
17-03-2015, 06:26 PM
I have the cap and even though my hairdresser is brutal it is a good look when I have it so I suffer through the pain

Jessica.
17-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Highlights are disgusting, I would rather go the Glenn route.

Niamh.
18-03-2015, 02:55 PM
Highlights are disgusting, I would rather go the Glenn route.
You would rather go bald then to colour you hair.......ok then :umm2:

Jessica.
18-03-2015, 02:57 PM
You would rather go bald then to colour you hair.......ok then :umm2:

Not colour, but making it multiple colours, yes, I would rather be bald.

Niamh.
18-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Not colour, but making it multiple colours, yes, I would rather be bald.

Well thanks for sharing Jess and insulting everyone in the thread. Didn't realise you were so rude actually.

Jessica.
18-03-2015, 03:15 PM
Well thanks for sharing Jess and insulting everyone in the thread. Didn't realise you were so rude actually.

:umm2: It's only my opinion, I'm not judging anyone for doing that to their hair, I just personally think it's disgusting.

Calderyon
18-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Thought this was food related. Carry on.

Niamh.
18-03-2015, 03:19 PM
:umm2: It's only my opinion, I'm not judging anyone for doing that to their hair, I just personally think it's disgusting.

The thread wasn't asking for your opinion on whether or not you like highlights though, you came in here to insult everyone who posted, for no apparent reason that I can see. You just basically said to everyone who posted, I'd rather be bald then have hair as disgusting as yours, you don't think that's being rude? I do.

JoshBB
18-03-2015, 03:23 PM
jess saying "i'd rather be bald" and "it's disgusting" isn't sharing your opinion. sharing your opinion would be saying "i do not like multiple coloured hair". what you did say was quite rude

Livia
18-03-2015, 03:31 PM
I've had low lights done with foils, never had that cap thing though. When someone's got their hair pulled through those tiny holes it looks like they have a doll's head on.

AnnieK
18-03-2015, 03:59 PM
To be fair as well most people's hair is already lots of different colours (particularly if you have fair / red hair) and highlights do just that, highlight the colours that already there.

Mokka
18-03-2015, 04:09 PM
ugh... I have bad 90's memories of the cap...

In the salon I would always go for the foil. If highlights are done properly with a colour that looks similar to your natural highlights... it won't look bad as they grow out.

Now if I were to do my own highlights at home, I would use a cap. But I haven't been that cheap for years now :laugh:

LeatherTrumpet
18-03-2015, 04:17 PM
urg the smell of ammonia when my mum used to do this back in the day