PDA

View Full Version : Not excited for Big Brother

LukeB
08-02-2015, 01:55 PM
I'm not excited or bothered about the next series of Big Brother. I know it's only just finished but I have been watching Big Brother since Series 5 and after the Celebrity version I always look forward to the civilian series straight after the celebrity one finished. But I just feel meh about it now.

Raph
08-02-2015, 01:58 PM
As long as its not filled with recruits, models and z-listers Im looking forward to it, if it is then it'll be a joke just like BB15 was

Daniel-X
08-02-2015, 01:59 PM
I'm excited because I think it may be different to other series now that endomol own Channel Five

LukeB
08-02-2015, 02:00 PM
As long as its not filled with recruits, models and z-listers Im looking forward to it, if it is then it'll be a joke just like BB15 was

95% chance they will have loads of recruits :(
I always think they have only made the prize higher because they haven't had a good amount of applications.

Jarrod
08-02-2015, 02:01 PM
I'm excited because I think it may be different to other series now that endomol own Channel Five

Endemol don't own Channel 5 - they own the Big Brother format. They wouldn't make drastic changes to their own format.

Viacom own Channel 5 and really they won't change anything directly to do with the format of the show, only the scheduling and how it's presented on Channel 5. The format and what happens is in the hands of the producers who have been working on the show for the past 3? years.

LukeB
08-02-2015, 02:05 PM
They should just go on big brother forums and pick people :joker:
I would say yes but I probably walk after a week or two the food situation is the only off putting for me..

Lostie!
08-02-2015, 02:26 PM
I am. The BB15 build up and launch night were brilliant for me. I remember thinking how it felt like old-school BB during the BB15 launch, I just really enjoyed it. Shame the series turned to **** a few weeks in, but my point is that I can still get that excited feeling at the start of the series. :laugh:

I just hope they leave things alone in BB16, the constant meddling was a big factor in ruining BB15.

Mokka
08-02-2015, 03:22 PM
I am. The BB15 build up and launch night were brilliant for me. I remember thinking how it felt like old-school BB during the BB15 launch, I just really enjoyed it. Shame the series turned to **** a few weeks in, but my point is that I can still get that excited feeling at the start of the series. :laugh:

I just hope they leave things alone in BB16, the constant meddling was a big factor in ruining BB15.

This is me watching all BBUK now...

get really excited for launch night... after watching launch night watch every bit of BB religiously, go on forum and discuss it during live show, check out website for updates... two weeks in as format falls to ****, watch the show and read the forums but don''t comment... 3-4 weeks in, watch every couple of days and avoid the parts of TiBB actually discussing the show....
By the final week I don't watch a single episode and I begin to pray they make it stop on the TiBB forum so that people become normal again

Macie Lightfoot
08-02-2015, 04:27 PM

You're deep-rooted issue with recruits is really alarming and I can only imagine that it stems from you applying for this show multiple times and not getting anywhere in the casting process. Good luck this year!

Raph
08-02-2015, 04:46 PM
You're deep-rooted issue with recruits is really alarming and I can only imagine that it stems from you applying for this show multiple times and not getting anywhere in the casting process. Good luck this year!

First off that's super rude to assume and is totally incorrect. I dislike recruits because in BBUK the recruits they cast seem to predominantly be people who are models/have been in the limelight. I'm okay with the concept of recruits and can see how that adds to the show but when a very narrow type of recruit is cast each time it becomes incredibly boring.

Headie
08-02-2015, 04:49 PM
First off that's super rude to assume and is totally incorrect. I dislike recruits because in BBUK the recruits they cast seem to predominantly be people who are models/have been in the limelight. I'm okay with the concept of recruits and can see how that adds to the show but when a very narrow type of recruit is cast each time it becomes incredibly boring.

All of BB14 were recruits and that's one of your favourite series tho

Raph
08-02-2015, 04:54 PM
All of BB14 were recruits and that's one of your favourite series tho

Calum, sophie, jack and Joe?

Raph
08-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Also why you trying to throw me shade hayden you're my buddy

LukeB
08-02-2015, 04:58 PM

Can't Raph just have a opinion without you complaining about it like it's one big problem. He is right most recruits are awful and it makes the civilian big brother look like crap.

Raph
08-02-2015, 05:20 PM
Luke :love:

Gstar
08-02-2015, 05:23 PM
They just need to stop with all the twists. BB13 had the least twists and is definitely the best series on 5

Headie
08-02-2015, 06:40 PM
Calum, sophie, jack and Joe?
They were recruited. Even Wolfy was recruited, and she was a massive fan of BB.
Also why you trying to throw me shade hayden you're my buddy
I'm not throwing shade lmao I just don't agree with your theory that recruits make seasons awful.

Toya was recruited and she was a great housemate, as were Gina, Ashleigh, Danielle, Matthew etc.

Headie
08-02-2015, 06:42 PM
They just need to stop with all the twists. BB13 had the least twists and is definitely the best series on 5

:clap1:

joeysteele
08-02-2015, 06:45 PM
I will be excited for it and looking forward to watching it however my worry is what nonsense BB themselves will do to another series.

I will really be almost tearing my hair out if they repeatedly fiddle and mess with noms and evictions again,which I am sure they will now.

Pete.
08-02-2015, 08:58 PM
I want clarity on nominations then it'll be fléek

Daniel-X
08-02-2015, 11:15 PM
I'm excited. But I agree about recruits I don't like the idea the show does open auditions so why should they just go out and recruit people makes no sense to me :shrug: BB14 however did provide us with some great housemates :fan: I just think they need to lay off the recruits if it was two/three recruits I wouldn't mine just as long as not more than half the cast are recruits because it sort of takes away the feel of 'civilian' big brother for me

Xtopher
08-02-2015, 11:47 PM
I'm just hoping for normal, real people. No more "I'm a successful business man / Slept with someone famous" bull**** please. I want a good time that unfolds organically, no twist every damn week. But I'm trying hard to lower my expectations.

Macie Lightfoot
09-02-2015, 02:17 AM

You have major issues with recruits in BBUS too and nearly every post of yours leading up to a new season is how there better not be a ton of recruits this time >:( there's nothing inherently wrong with recruits.

armand.kay
09-02-2015, 06:39 AM

I want clarity on nominations then it'll be fléek

Preach it gerls.

LukeB
09-02-2015, 07:37 AM
You have major issues with recruits in BBUS too and nearly every post of yours leading up to a new season is how there better not be a ton of recruits this time >:( there's nothing inherently wrong with recruits.

So what that he does! It's just his view on things, we all have different views on things but there is no need to be rude to him about it.

Raph
09-02-2015, 12:41 PM

Clearly my post was lost on you, no surprises there really. Yes, there's nothing necessarily inherently wrong with recruits, but there's a lot wrong with the recruiting process in the BBUK house -- it's not random people being recruited, it's people who are models/have been in the limelight. But I shouldn't have to repeat myself hundreds of times for a person whos IQ is below par. As for BBUSA, I prefer watching a season filled with game players, but each to their own on that one.

Liam-
09-02-2015, 12:48 PM
I'm excited for it, hopefully they'll have learnt their lesson after BB15 and actually put some effort into it to make it a great series, get some decent people in there and let them get on with it.

Just remember, after the disaster that was BB4, BB5 came along and brought the show into it's golden years, so here's hoping for déjà vu :fc:

LukeB
09-02-2015, 12:49 PM
Clearly my post was lost on you, no surprises there really. Yes, there's nothing necessarily inherently wrong with recruits, but there's a lot wrong with the recruiting process in the BBUK house -- it's not random people being recruited, it's people who are models/have been in the limelight. But I shouldn't have to repeat myself hundreds of times for a person whos IQ is below par. As for BBUSA, I prefer watching a season filled with game players, but each to their own on that one.

:worship: my boy Raph dragging the trolls

Daniel.
09-02-2015, 01:43 PM
:eyes:

Anyway I'm not because BB15 was trash. Just stop with the twists!!! Also idm recruits, there were some good ones in BB14 and BB15 (Ashleigh, Gina, Danielle and Hazel are all BB Queens)

Maxxie.
09-02-2015, 05:30 PM
Theres recruits?! So are you saying producers ask people & pay people to be on bb like the celebrity version?

LukeB
09-02-2015, 05:32 PM
Theres recruits?! So are you saying producers ask people & pay people to be on bb like the celebrity version?

Yeah like Winston.

I don't know nothing about the pay though, I think they only pay for their bills and stuff during their time away. That's what I heard

Maxxie.
09-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Yeah like Winston.

I don't know nothing about the pay though, I think they only pay for their bills and stuff during their time away. That's what I heard

Why dont they just pick normal people from auditions? They got a good selection

LukeB
09-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Why dont they just pick normal people from auditions? They got a good selection

They still do that but most of the people these days are recruits.

Macie Lightfoot
09-02-2015, 09:53 PM

lmfao I mean, your issues are clear as day when you litter the BBUS forum with all sorts of "down with recruits!!!!!!! :fist:" posts and make repetitive swipes at the BBUK15 cast for being filled with so many recruits. For the record, I've always been vocal about how unimaginative BBUK casting is on Channel 5, and the same hold trues for BBUS, which is simply full of frat douches, vapid trash from California, and painfully unfunny tryhards. However, that certainly doesn't call for a cast full of Real People who applied to be on the show or whatever the hell. I'll take recruits who have no clue what they're getting themselves into over superfans who are way too self-aware any day of the week.

(also lmfao at how desperate LukeB is to get in on the action all the time <3 such a parrot follower)

Raph
09-02-2015, 11:11 PM
parrot follower? Don't insult Luke just cause you're not a nice person, like he is.

bitontheslide
09-02-2015, 11:12 PM
I too hate the wannabees recruited every year so another one for normal people and no flippin twists here.

oh, and it is lukes thread, so if he wants to say something, why shouldn't he :nono:

Raph
09-02-2015, 11:15 PM
Well said bitontheside :clap1: drag ha

LukeB
09-02-2015, 11:16 PM
Yes I'm so desperate to be in drama when I hate it but you're being rude to one of my best friends on here and I don't like it. You're going over the top with things and you need to chill out troy! you're always trying to make digs at me and Raph most times. Can't you just let others have opinions in peace without you being rude about it? So what that I defend Raph don't make me a parrot. I just have his back like he has mine. it's what friends are for,

Mokka
09-02-2015, 11:17 PM
you could block him like I do!

But yeah Luke.. tell him how it is :thumbs:

Raph
09-02-2015, 11:18 PM
Luke speaking so much truth :clap1: Mokka also fighting the good fight

mrmattybeck1
09-02-2015, 11:49 PM
Least I've ever been excited for bbuk returning myself power trip was such a shambles