PDA

View Full Version : Live music on launch night?

Maxxie.
28-02-2015, 09:22 AM
Just an idea, what would you think of housemates entering over live music from a famous band/singer, would make it feel more atmospheric imo, they could even get a DJ to get the crowd going like Paul Oakenfold (the guy who made the BB theme tune). I'd also be keen on bringing back those dance entrances that happened in 2012. Or then, A DJ could be pumping the crowd with glitter going into the audience while Emma's walking out, then fireworks go off.

And even if your not sure about live music over the entrances, maybe at the end of launch night a band could be playing over the montage of the night and the cameras switch between the montage, the band & the crowd dancing.

Just an idea, kind of want it to be more like an "opening ceremony" thats actually what they call it in BB Africa, they have live music & everything. theres loads of dancing & **** on the australian version too.

RichardG
28-02-2015, 09:36 AM
I thought launch nights were the most exciting back 'in the good old days' when it was really simple and housemates were driven up to the entrance and walked in with no music, just the crowds reaction and Davina calmly introducing them. I already hate the music that they play these days. I reckon a combination of a screaming Marcus, fireworks, a live band, and having to suffer shots of the mob dancing would be the day I finally turn off for good. :laugh:

Cal.
28-02-2015, 01:09 PM
I'm not sure it's what it needs - I think launch/final nights need to be stripped back actually.

mrmattybeck1
02-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Dreadful idea its tacky enough since it went to c5

Jarrod
02-03-2015, 04:11 PM
I'm against this idea entirely. I find music is stupid unless it's the BB theme tune or a variation of the theme.

JoshBB
02-03-2015, 04:13 PM
I'm against this idea entirely. I find music is stupid unless it's the BB theme tune or a variation of the theme.

Yes, bb theme music should be the maximum

Maxxie.
03-03-2015, 05:31 PM
What about an idea of having Paul Oakenfold play the BB theme tune to the crowd to make it look more atmospheric?

RichardG
04-03-2015, 01:29 PM
What about an idea of having Paul Oakenfold play the BB theme tune to the crowd to make it look more atmospheric?

I don't really see the point in blasting any music, BB theme tune included, just the sake of it, or to make the mob dance. (:yuk:)

I think the theme tune is amazing and really effective at building up the excitement when it's used as quiet background noise in specific situations, such as right in the middle of a twist, but I personally wouldn't enjoy any more than that, even more so if we had to see a dj playing it. I reckon it would look a bit silly.