PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Driving School for Comic Relief

Kaz
23-02-2003, 01:49 PM
Just a reminder that the four part Celebrity Driving School special for Comic Relief starts tomorrow night - BBC1, 8.30 p.m. :thumbs:

Here's what the Radio Times says about the programme:
In the first of a four-part Driving School special, Comic Relief challenges six non-driving celebrities to bare all as they struggle with mirrors, signals and manoeuvres in a bid to pass their tests. Among those taking part are Pop Idol Gareth Gates, Big Brother’s Jade Goody, Paul O’Grady (aka Lily Savage) and EastEnders’s Natalie Cassidy.
The next three programmes are to be shown on Friday 28th February, Monday 3rd March and Friday 7th March.

Don't miss it - should be a good laugh, especially Jade. :laugh:

Amy
23-02-2003, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the reminder :thumbs:
I'll have to tape it though as corrie is on at the same time and Richard reveals all to Gail :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
Celeb driving school should be great though, i can't wait to see Jade in the drivers seat :laugh:

sweetlittlesara
23-02-2003, 04:39 PM
Yeh this should be really funny, but wasnt it filmed aggggges ago? i seem to remember this coming up not too long after the end of bb3. But ive never had a very good memory.

BigSister
23-02-2003, 08:34 PM
Yeah this looks good but ill have 2 tape it too cant be missing corry:shocked:

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

LEE
24-02-2003, 04:42 PM
I'm sure if it didn't clash with THE Corrie episode tonight I would probably watch this, but I have never been much of a Jade fan, so Corrie wins hands down and as my video Recorder isn't working at the moment so I won't be recording it either. :hugesmile:

I'm sure all you good people will tell me what I've missed :thumbs:

WILDCHILD
24-02-2003, 05:19 PM
Ooooh yeah! I cant wait for Corrie tonight - Richard tells all!
I'm such a soap addict!
:laugh:

Sticks
24-02-2003, 07:46 PM
I wil be giving this a miss because Comic Relief gives money to organisations that carry out abortions

See this link from SPUC (http://www.spuc.org.uk/comrel.htm)

See this other article (http://www.spuc.co.uk/news/20020208.htm)

Romantic Old Bird
24-02-2003, 08:00 PM
No way, shan't even glimpse. It was bad enough walking in on OH watching Jade on Richard and Judy earlier. A bit like that Japanese guy finding his robot in bed with the hoover!:shocked::mad::shocked:

steve_o
24-02-2003, 08:51 PM
Blimey I've just realised I've missed them both, don't usually watch corrie but I would have tonight. :shocked::bawling:

:spin:

Amy
24-02-2003, 09:56 PM
Corrie was GREAT tonight!!!!!!!

I also watched celeb driving school and that was ok ( taped it ) I have to say Corrie was better :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Boris
25-02-2003, 09:38 PM
I watched it by accident

yes it is possible !

I was too tired to get up and switch it off.

it was unbelievable and I will not be watching it again !:shocked:
It was bad enough walking in on OH watching Jade on Richard and Judy earlier. A bit like that Japanese guy finding his robot in bed with the hoover!

Oh Rob you do make me laugh !!!:joker::laugh::joker::laugh::joker::laugh:

Kaz
25-02-2003, 09:49 PM
Oh Boris, give it another chance! :laugh:

I thought it was really quite funny. I was in stitches at Paul O'Grady (Lily Savage) weaving along the country road - alternating between the white line in the middle of the road and mounting the verge!! :shocked:

Gareth was really sweet - his face when he was sat alongside Damon Hill in a Ferrari on the test track was an absolute picture. A lad in seventh heaven!! He's not making a bad job of the driving either himself. :thumbs:

Jade was hysterical. :hugesmile: Her instructor must have the patience of a saint.

Looking forward to the next installment, which I think will probably concentrate more on the other three 'learners'.

Also found this article on Ananova about Jade's escapades:

Jade Goody almost mowed down a cameraman filming her driving lesson for Celebrity Driving School. She hit the accelerator instead of the brake, making BBC cameraman Jeremy Bishop and his director leap into bushes. And the former Big Brother star thought she could drive instantly after passing her theory test on the third attempt.

Jade, Gareth Gates, Nadia Sawalha, Natalie Cassidy, Simon Day and Lily Savage star Paul O'Grady will be seen over two weeks on BBC1 for Comic Relief. They learn their fate on Red Nose Day, March 14.

Instructor Rickie Wellbourn Davies told The Sun: "I've been a driving instructor for 26 years and I've had some scary moments - but Jade took the biscuit. She'd bought a Mercedes and thought she could jump in. She was gutted when I said she still had to take the actual test."

Kaz
07-03-2003, 11:19 AM
It's not looking too promising for most of the celebrities taking their driving test for Comic Relief tonight, if THIS ARTICLE (http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_757941.html?menu=entertainment.latestheadlines) is to be believed. :shocked:

Anyone else been watching this? I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Jade and Paul O'Grady have been hysterically bad, Gareth is a typical 'boy racer', and I have to agree with the article that Natalie Cassidy is probably the only one with a hope in hell's chance of passing!

Tune in tonight! :colour:

LEE
07-03-2003, 11:29 AM
I haven't watched any of this at all Kaz. However tonight's sounds good and I'll try and remember to tune in. :hugesmile:

Di2001
08-03-2003, 12:45 PM
I've been following this too!

What a laugh!

Can't wait to find out who has and who hasn't passed next Friday.

Kaz
09-03-2003, 02:43 PM
Well, having watched this on Friday night, I stand by my statement that Natalie Cassidy is the only one who will definitely pass!

Gareth got off to a bad start - he got in the car, then realised he'd left the keys in his jacket pocket. :shocked:

Paul O'Grady clipped the wing mirror of another car. :shocked:

Jade took about 30 attempts to do a 3-point turn and mounted the kerb a few times. :shocked:

However, I was quite surprised to learn that you can have up to 15 minor faults during your test and still pass!!!

So there might still be hope for the others yet . . . . . . . except Jade. :laugh:

Janette
09-03-2003, 02:46 PM
Didn't Jade hit another car as she was turning a corner?

Either that or she got pretty damn close!!!!!

:thumbs:

BigSister
09-03-2003, 04:46 PM
I think Natalie will be the only 1 to pass her test hopefully Gareth will and Simon and Nadia
I dont think Paul and Jade will

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

blinkinlovely
10-03-2003, 06:48 AM
Agree about Natalie!! She was the only competant driver !! THought Jade and Paul were shockingly bad.......:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked: