PDA

View Full Version : Things that you want Ch5 to change?

Mystic Mock
17-03-2015, 07:16 PM
And who knows maybe Ch5 will listen to us this time if they see it.

Anyway things that I would change.

1. Bring back Live Feed - It's an old one that gets drummed out every year by the die hards, but what Viacom have got to look at with BB is that it's ratings was a lot stronger when it had Live Feed, compared to what they get without Live Feed, people like to know that they're not watching some scripted Soap Opera and are actually gonna get a Reality TV Show with normal people.

2. Stop the man hating - Ch5 has had a habit lately of making the public hate a lot of the male contestants just for being male, whilst loving female contestants who are a disgrace to themselves just because they're female, as a male viewer I don't think it's very fair keep seeing this happening, and I certainly didn't think that BB15's twist was on by putting all the male Housemates up for being more popular than the female Housemates, and I'm sure the ones that loved the twist would be the first to agree if it was the other way around.

3. A more diverse set of Housemates - The Housemates 9 times out of 10 tend to be white English people from London, with the token Essex person in the mix, the show needs to go back to the days when along with the London contestants that they also had Northerners like Luke, Lea, and Lisa (BB7 & BB9) and foreigners like Ahmed, Angel, Rodrigo, Siavash, Darnell, Cairon, Sree, Makosi, Roberto, and the horrific one herself in Kathreya.

4. Show the Housemates having fun - I know that Drama can be good, but when you just have Drama going on the highlights all of the time then it does start to get irritating and not very fun to watch anymore.

What would you change for BB16?

Pete.
17-03-2015, 07:44 PM
2. Stop the man hating - Ch5 has had a habit lately of making the public hate a lot of the male contestants just for being male, whilst loving female contestants who are a disgrace to themselves just because they're female, as a male viewer I don't think it's very fair keep seeing this happening, and I certainly didn't think that BB15's twist was on by putting all the male Housemates up for being more popular than the female Housemates, and I'm sure the ones that loved the twist would be the first to agree if it was the other way around.

This is so not true. Females are loathed far more for no reason than males, especially black women. The 'girl power' twist was because by the end of the series there would have been no women left except for Helen. Men are only disliked because they are boring af and females are far more interesting :spin:

Mystic Mock
17-03-2015, 08:53 PM
So you're saying that all males are boring? You do realize how unfair that opinion is right?

And BB have in the last two series have tried to make even the worst of female contestants popular with the public even if they're moody, whiny bitches.

Strictly Jake
17-03-2015, 08:54 PM
To be fair the majority of things are great. There isn't much I would change. But eviction nights don't seem to have as much atmosphere as they should so they should change something there. I agree with having a more diverse cast too including people there who genuinely want to have fun. I like the app letting the public interact with the house so I hope they use that a bit more and I would love if they had free voting like X factor did!

Mystic Mock
17-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Well TXF allowed us to keep Lauren, OTY, and Jack around longer than we would've been able to under the Housewives reign so I'm all up for that Shakeyjake10.

Okay I'll stop posting on this thread for a bit now and let other people speak.:hugesmile::blush:

Jason.
17-03-2015, 10:30 PM
1) Make the Finals seem more like an event.

2) Longer eviction interviews, especially on the final. On Channel 4, the interviews were about 13 minutes. These days, they're about 6 minutes. BB15's finalist interviews were about 5 minutes each. CBB15 eviction interviews were quiet long at 11 minutes. But the final interviews were still short. They need to be longer.

3) Longer Final shows. For CBB14 and CBB15 they've made the launches two hours, why not make the finale two hours as well?. 90 minutes for 6 interviews as well highlights and other things is too much in such small amount of time.

4) Better tasks. I'm sick of outside interference tasks, ranking housemates based on Tweets, showing Diary room conversations, etc.
I want more challenging tasks. Tasks that last a few days. I'm sick of mini secret tasks, too.
I want tasks like BB7's milk task. Something simple and basic, but really good.

5) Housemates of different ethnicity and ages.

6) Consistency within the show.

7) Normal Nominations, in the Diary Room. EVERY WEEK!
Scrap Face to Face, it's getting boring now. Every nominations in CBB is always face to face. CBB13, 14, and 15 had 3 of them.

8) No more weekly twists.
I was sick of CBB15 having a twist every live show. DON'T ****ING DO IT!
A twist once or twice throughout the series is fine. But make sure they're original, and executed well.
Also make sure the twists are carried out at perfect timing.

Channel 4 always had twists at the right time.

9) Live Feed.
It doesn't need to be 24/7. But at least two hours a night, so we can actually see some unedited footage ourselves, and form our own opinions.

10) Producers forcing conflict. Let the housemates make the drama themselves.

11) Stop basing the show on two dominant housemates (BB15 - Helen and Ashleigh & CBB15 - Hopkins and Hilton)
Having the series revolve around one or two housemates kills the show.
SHOW US MORE OF EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE!

12) Stop giving housemates daily parties and booze.
ALCOHOL IS PROVIDED AT BIG BROTHER'S DISCRETION. Not every bloody day.
When they fail a task, they fail, and be hungry, and suffer.

13) Design the house to make it uncomfortable to live in.

14) Stop with the themed series.
Have just a normal series. BB13 worked well, without a theme.
I don't mind themed houses, but not a theme to the series, as it just encourages more manipulation and twists.

15) SCRAP SUMMER CBB!

16) GAG THAT ****ING MOB OUTSIDE THE HOUSE ON EVICTIONS!

Macie Lightfoot
18-03-2015, 12:24 AM
12) Stop giving housemates daily parties and booze.
ALCOHOL IS PROVIDED AT BIG BROTHER'S DISCRETION. Not every bloody day.
When they fail a task, they fail, and be hungry, and suffer.

eh, alcohol's a good agent for potential drama and hunger just drains everyone's energy. Look at BB12, the insufferable Aaron and Harry are so hellbent on petty one-upmanship that they keep sabotaging the shopping task/shopping budget to spite the Wolf Pack, then the whole house suffers and nobody has any energy to do anything and we just get a series focused on the most pedantic feud of all time. Bring on the alcohol and the food, who cares.

Pete.
18-03-2015, 05:52 AM
So you're saying that all males are boring? You do realize how unfair that opinion is right?

And BB have in the last two series have tried to make even the worst of female contestants popular with the public even if they're moody, whiny bitches.
Nnn BB15 for example gave us Marlon, Winston and Ash who were as entertaining as paint drying

Mystic Mock
18-03-2015, 06:14 PM
Ash was quite funny in a Luke S sort of way.:joker:

I'll give you the other two though, completely useless along with Kimbot who btw was female and the dullest of the series.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
18-03-2015, 06:16 PM
And who knows maybe Ch5 will listen to us this time if they see it.

Anyway things that I would change.

1. Bring back Live Feed - It's an old one that gets drummed out every year by the die hards, but what Viacom have got to look at with BB is that it's ratings was a lot stronger when it had Live Feed, compared to what they get without Live Feed, people like to know that they're not watching some scripted Soap Opera and are actually gonna get a Reality TV Show with normal people.

3. A more diverse set of Housemates - The Housemates 9 times out of 10 tend to be white English people from London, with the token Essex person in the mix, the show needs to go back to the days when along with the London contestants that they also had Northerners like Luke, Lea, and Lisa (BB7 & BB9) and foreigners like Ahmed, Angel, Rodrigo, Siavash, Darnell, Cairon, Sree, Makosi, Roberto, and the horrific one herself in Kathreya.

4. Show the Housemates having fun - I know that Drama can be good, but when you just have Drama going on the highlights all of the time then it does start to get irritating and not very fun to watch anymore.

What would you change for BB16?

that literally never happens though :umm2:

Mystic Mock
18-03-2015, 06:25 PM
that literally never happens though :umm2:

BB15:
Helen - Although my favourite, she never would've won any other year, ever.

Ashleigh - Miserable bitch that would've gone down a Nicky BB8 path in most BB's.

Danielle - Had to have a silly twist that involved newcomers to vote her out because the production had made her too powerful in the vote.

CBB15:
Katie Hopkins - How much more moaning and prejudices did this woman have to say and do before people realised that they was being manipulated into hating whoever she hated? Mainly Perez and Nadia.

Michelle Visage - Again Ch5 supported this idiot no matter how pathetic she was being all because she was pro Hopkins.

MB.
18-03-2015, 10:34 PM
The only people who made Danielle 'powerful in the vote' were the voters. You know, the ones who didn't vote her out.

Jason.
18-03-2015, 11:16 PM
The only people who made Danielle 'powerful in the vote' were the voters. You know, the ones who didn't vote her out.

Danielle stayed long because she was either never nominated, or there was always somebody more horrid up with her. Bar, Week 1.

In Week 3, had Toya or Ash not been up, Danielle would've probably went.

Macie Lightfoot
18-03-2015, 11:34 PM

:joker::joker::joker: is this a joke

(also Ash was never funny in a Luke S sort of way but the idea that Channel 5 hates men is obviously much more laughable and concerning rn)

Mystic Mock
19-03-2015, 04:05 AM
The last couple of series on Ch5 have been man hating.

Pete.
19-03-2015, 06:19 AM
But how have they?

Denver
19-03-2015, 09:03 AM

So why have men over-run the final?

Jason.
19-03-2015, 03:54 PM

Out of the four civilian series on Channel 5, 3/4 winners have been male.
Out of the eight celebrity series on Channel 5, 5/8 winners have been male.

Hardly man-hating, considering out of twelve series broadcast on C5, only 4/12 winners have been female.

Women get more of a hard time than men on BB.
The reason why the males on C5 are criticized, is because most are either nasty or boring.

MB.
19-03-2015, 04:07 PM
-Overhaul the live shows and change the exterior set
-Change the house layout for each civilian series
-More regular diary room nominations
-Better tasks (I'll cut something if I see any more 'order yourselves on what the public think' tasks)
-Less manipulation or tasks/twists suited to particular housemates
-No abysmal male housemates so Mystic Mock won't complain about their treatment

ruiphillips
19-03-2015, 05:36 PM
Remove TOWIE style editing.
Tone-down Marcus's OTT voice overs.
Keep VTE all through the series.
Don't mess with cash prize.

Jason.
19-03-2015, 06:59 PM
Remove TOWIE style editing.
Tone-down Marcus's OTT voice overs.
Keep VTE all through the series.
Don't mess with cash prize.

BIB -
In all fairness, CBB15 really improved on the editing. Got rid of the music montages at the beginning, and showed more of each housemate, in the first week. But they need to get rid of the COMING UP. You've practically seen the whole show, in a minute. They reveal too much.
Can't they do what C4 did, and just have a coming up a the beginning of each highlight show, with just one small clip of one event that will be coming up. It saves less time, and doesn't spoil the show.

Agree with everything else.
Although, I don't mind VTS for Celebrity. But Civilian must always be VTE.
I don't get the love for VTS. Channel 4 worked well with VTE, and those series are usually held in higher regard than the Channel 5 series.

Mystic Mock
19-03-2015, 10:16 PM
But how have they?

You don't think that doing twists that puts all of the male Housemates up for eviction for no reason is not man hating from BB? Also going on about how brave all of the women Housemates are whilst calling all of the men wimps on the side shows.

And Perez was the best on CBB15 by a country mile and the last time I checked he was male.

And the reason why male contestants over run a BB final or any Reality show for that matter is that the general public like men more than women on these shows, nobody on here has to like it but it's the truth sadly.

Macie Lightfoot
20-03-2015, 12:30 AM
If anything, the girl power twist in BB15 was an attempt to even out the fact that three women had been evicted in three weeks. Meanwhile, in that very series (!!!), every women except Jale and Tamara was a model, a singer, or some sort of sex worker/stripper/nude model, and I think that that's ridiculously offensive and overtly misogynistic cross-section of women to focus on. BBUK has always historically been a show that has hated women, and if anything it's only gotten worse since the channel switch.

And any hate Perez gets doesn't have to do with him being a man. It probably has to do with the fact that he's Perez Hilton and he has a massive amount of obvious character flaws.

Mystic Mock
20-03-2015, 02:12 AM
There should be no evening out by BB though, if the public want to vote out all of the women then they should be allowed to do so, and vice versa.

And Perez is just an example of that some of the newer BB audiences will still cheer on a woman even though the male Housemate (Perez in this case) was clearly the star of the series.

Macie Lightfoot
20-03-2015, 02:35 AM
Maybe the public didn't take well to Perez because he's extremely objectionable and has a lot of obvious character flaws, not just because he's a man. Just a thought. And again, being the "star of the series" on this forum simply means receiving the most airtime and doesn't take quality into consideration.

BigBrotherfan4ever
20-03-2015, 06:05 AM
Bring back LF
Get rid of name tags
Get rid of music when they are showing the tasks on HL's
More fun tasks
Longer eviction interviews
Don't have a eviction so soon after launch night (2weeks min) before eviction
Stop messing with nominations
Don't have so many twists
Have a broader age group (not many 18yro but some from 40 to 65yro)

mrmattybeck1
20-03-2015, 02:39 PM
Bring back LF
Get rid of name tags
Get rid of music when they are showing the tasks on HL's
More fun tasks
Longer eviction interviews
Don't have a eviction so soon after launch night (2weeks min) before eviction
Stop messing with nominations
Don't have so many twists
Have a broader age group (not many 18yro but some from 40 to 65yro)
Not the live feed issue again don't think it will return

jennyjuniper
21-03-2015, 03:37 PM
I would like to see more fairness. I don't like to see one housemate being warned for certain behaviour, when another housemate does exactly the same and BB ignores it. Also the punishments should be just that. Turning off the hot water for a few hours is ridiculous. If housemates talk about nominations, BB should play back the conversation to the house AND those who are guilty should be automatically nominated.
I would like to see some interesting and clever housemates, not just Wag wannabees and 'glamour models'.
The earlier BB's, especially when it was with channel 4 seemed to get the mix very well.

uniquedude
26-03-2015, 02:36 AM

TBF I can see where you are coming from not that I agree completely but had a man done what Helen did I'm pretty sure he would have been ejected but that's just speculation other than that I can't think of any examples that I agree with I'd says its the public who do the hating not c5.

Hazel was hated and I dont think she did anything wrong. Baffles me that Gina wasn't more hated though because of her attitude towards both Sallie and Hazel bordering on bullying, that really puzzles me.

Jason.
26-03-2015, 05:24 PM
TBF I can see where you are coming from not that I agree completely but had a man done what Helen did I'm pretty sure he would have been ejected but that's just speculation other than that I can't think of any examples that I agree with I'd says its the public who do the hating not c5.

Hazel was hated and I dont think she did anything wrong. Baffles me that Gina wasn't more hated though because of her attitude towards both Sallie and Hazel bordering on bullying, that really puzzles me.

BIB -
:clap1:

Rhyl Cream
26-03-2015, 06:40 PM
I would like to see more fairness. I don't like to see one housemate being warned for certain behaviour, when another housemate does exactly the same and BB ignores it. Also the punishments should be just that. Turning off the hot water for a few hours is ridiculous. If housemates talk about nominations, BB should play back the conversation to the house AND those who are guilty should be automatically nominated.
I would like to see some interesting and clever housemates, not just Wag wannabees and 'glamour models'.
The earlier BB's, especially when it was with channel 4 seemed to get the mix very well.

It is all in the editing (notion of fairness. They have their favourites) . Clever HMs? Forget it, BBUK has become the antithesis of such outre concepts.

Mystic Mock
26-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Maybe the public didn't take well to Perez because he's extremely objectionable and has a lot of obvious character flaws, not just because he's a man. Just a thought. And again, being the "star of the series" on this forum simply means receiving the most airtime and doesn't take quality into consideration.

I agree, hence why Hopkins had support.

zakman440
26-03-2015, 07:45 PM
- Back to basics or a non-themed series.
- Very few nominations twists (if any).
- A new app similar to The X Factor/BGT ones with free voting and more live feed.
- Increased live feed.
- A new eviction set (if not that, some changes to the current one).
- Less Marcus involvement in evictions and in general.
- More simple editing giving a fair representation of all housemates.
- More transparency with producers.
- Matt Johnson on BOTS to balance out Rylan.

mrmattybeck1
27-03-2015, 12:49 PM
- Back to basics or a non-themed series.
- Very few nominations twists (if any).
- A new app similar to The X Factor/BGT ones with free voting and more live feed.
- Increased live feed.
- A new eviction set (if not that, some changes to the current one).
- Less Marcus involvement in evictions and in general.
- More simple editing giving a fair representation of all housemates.
- More transparency with producers.
- Matt Johnson on BOTS to balance out Rylan.
No live feed according to various sources I'm hearing not surprised

Strictly Jake
29-03-2015, 12:15 PM
I hope they don't make it a two part launch again. I prefer them to put all the housemates in one night. But then I would like them to add three or four new housemates two weeks later!

Jason.
29-03-2015, 01:23 PM
I hope they don't make it a two part launch again. I prefer them to put all the housemates in one night. But then I would like them to add three or four new housemates two weeks later!

Agree.
The two-part launch only worked well for BB14, as it was new.
It flopped for BB15, so I hope they ditch it and don't make it tradition.

14 housemates enter on launch, 7 male, 7 female.
Not 16.

Then for a ten week series, add 3 new housemates in Week 3.
Anything before Week 3 is early, and anything after Week 3 is too late.
BB15 got that wrong, by adding newbies in Week 6, which was too late for a 10 week series.

ThatsMyUserName
02-04-2015, 02:45 PM
The thing that annoys me most with the civilian version is that is no-longer is a pure civilian version. We've had too many people recently who have semi-celeb backgrounds. People like Helen Wood, Winston, Dexter (Sorry, there are more I just can't be bothered to look the wannabees up). I hear that Ched Evans' sister may be a civilian entry this year. The civilian version doesn't need to contain people who are relevant to recent news stories to make the show interesting.

And it should never be VTS.

mrmattybeck1
03-04-2015, 03:44 PM
I think after bb4 producers decided normal everyday people doesn't work