PDA

View Full Version : Summer housemates already informed?

SecretAgender
29-03-2015, 08:55 AM
Hi - does anyone know if the housemates for summer 2015 will already have been informed they have been selected? Or does BB ring people up close to the deadline?
I'm asking because I reached the final group of auditions in Feb. Took my dietary requirements, GP details etc.Got a letter warning me of the downside of taking part. Seemed to be close to selection.
No call yet - so I was wondering whether everyone going in the house has now been told. Thanks! X

Jay28jay2
29-03-2015, 10:16 AM
I think its not far from the deadline, about 2 weeks beforehand you will be put in hiding is all I know.

Will.
29-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Big Brother 16 is launching early May, pm (private message) me for the details as a know the launch date. I'm guessing call backs would be taking place now/already happened.

Jason.
29-03-2015, 01:11 PM
BB15 launched on 5th June.
Last years Tamara and Ashleigh said they got calls in Mid-May (15th May), asking if they wanted to be housemates, which was about three weeks before the launch.

If rumors are true about the early May start, then I'm guessing the selected housemates will be informed Mid-April (13th - 20th April). Which is about two to three weeks away.

The probably go in hiding about a week before they go in. So probably late April to early May. Which is about a month away.

Phillip!
29-03-2015, 02:52 PM
I hope it's a better cast this year!

Jay28jay2
29-03-2015, 03:16 PM
BB15 launched on 5th June.
Last years Tamara and Ashleigh said they got calls in Mid-May (15th May), asking if they wanted to be housemates

Sorry to seem a little bit thick but did they audition or were they recruited?

SecretAgender
29-03-2015, 04:09 PM
Thanks for all that info guys - appreciated. Will: tried to PM you but it seems I don't have the right privileges yet. Possibly because I just signed up to the site this morning! Will try later 😊x

Will.
29-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Thanks for all that info guys - appreciated. Will: tried to PM you but it seems I don't have the right privileges yet. Possibly because I just signed up to the site this morning! Will try later 😊x

Ok, if you want I can email you? X :)

Rhyl Cream
29-03-2015, 04:41 PM
Wildly inaccurate. One doubts the start date is before late May. Recruits would be informed in plenty of time, auditioners would be vetted (health, legal) and whilst years ago it was a week in quarantine it would now be a few days max.

Will.
29-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Wildly inaccurate. One doubts the start date is before late May. Recruits would be informed in plenty of time, auditioners would be vetted (health, legal) and whilst years ago it was a week in quarantine it would now be a few days max.

It launches early May, a family relative works for Big Brother.

SecretAgender
29-03-2015, 05:40 PM
Cheers Will - you can message me on jcw91@hotmail.co.uk x

Rhyl Cream
29-03-2015, 06:57 PM
It launches early May, a family relative works for Big Brother.

As opposed to a non family relative? Perhaps you are correct but it smacks to me of my time in the army, rumours "I heard it from a guy at HQ whose sister knows a General..."

Jason.
29-03-2015, 09:04 PM
Sorry to seem a little bit thick but did they audition or were they recruited?

Tamara auditioned. But Ashleigh had an agent, and was recruited.

Raph
29-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Tamara auditioned. But Ashleigh had an agent, and was recruited.

Tamara >> *******igh

waterhog
29-03-2015, 09:56 PM
early may
please arrive with no delay.
poetry from me is my spoil
and on this forum i set to boil.
can not wait not much more to say
hurry hurry let it be may.

Jason.
30-03-2015, 12:11 AM
Tamara >> *******igh

I'm actually one of the few that liked Tamara. I found it very unfair that she was judged solely on who she was friends with in the house, and how she was evicted first against the most fame-hungry and odious one of all, Danielle.
She wasn't even that bad TBH. She's definitely one of the many housemates who deserve a second chance.

She was also the victim of the editing that year, as they barely showed her in the highlights, as they decided to show conflict, instead.
It was very telling when the majority of the moments on her best bits didn't even make the cut.
To me she seemed like one of the few who actually wanted to have fun. She was also one out of the three who actually auditioned for the show, and didn't have an agent.

People always say we need less recruits, and I agree. But what's the point, if they're going to get voted out early.
I think she would've done better in another series. I loved her friendship with Toya, which was edited out.

MB.
30-03-2015, 09:25 AM
Yes, lovely, misunderstood Tamara with such eloquent tweets as "I bet he bangs the ******".

Jamesy
30-03-2015, 10:03 AM
Oh yes, lovely Tamara that thought spending less than a week with a guy meant they were boyfriend and girlfriend... then went on to write offensive Tweets and sell fake stories to the papers.

Jason.
30-03-2015, 11:33 AM
Oh yes, lovely Tamara that thought spending less than a week with a guy meant they were boyfriend and girlfriend... then went on to write offensive Tweets and sell fake stories to the papers.

BIB - The Irony.

Funny how you slate Tamara for that, when you favourite housemate of CBB15 was horrendous Hatie Hopkins. Known for her sexist, racist, and fatist tweets.
I guess you haven't seen her recent slur about the Holocaust.
Why don't you check it out, and see if you still have the same opinion?

Speaking of opinions, Have people's opinions reversed since BB15?
Who you disliked in BB15, is who you liked in CBB15?
Just a suggestion.

Jamesy
30-03-2015, 11:37 AM
I only liked KH as a housemate. In real life I don't take notice of her, her Twitter or whatever she does, couldn't care less. :laugh:

Jason.
30-03-2015, 11:55 AM
I only liked KH as a housemate. In real life I don't take notice of her, her Twitter or whatever she does, couldn't care less. :laugh:

I don't get that.
I'm no fan of Perez, either.
But Hopkins was just as horrid in the house, as she was on the outside.
It was just done in a different way.

Jamesy
30-03-2015, 12:10 PM
I don't necessarily think just because you liked someone in Big Brother means you like them in real life, some people can act very differently in the house than they do outside the house. KH was far more toned down in the house (probably because she couldn't keep to a script 24/7), she did say some stupid things although for the most part I found her funny and she seemed quite a fun person at times too.

I enjoyed her more on an entertainment level, Perez was just on a whole other level I found too unbearable, although I did find his shagging the mirror moment pretty funny, just because it was so over the top.

Maybe she acted the same as Perez but in a different way, but I don't particularly care anymore, CBB15 was a hard series to follow and I'm kinda glad to see the back of it. I liked Hopkins at the time, I don't have any time for her outside of Big Brother.

Mystic Mock
30-03-2015, 06:11 PM
I would've rathered the Hopkins on Twitter in CBB15 over the miserable cow that ironically toed the PC line in CBB15.

Beastie
13-04-2015, 06:17 PM
They have already been informed.

JoshBB
13-04-2015, 06:47 PM
They have already been informed.

source?

Jake.
13-04-2015, 06:49 PM
Beastie's going in!??

Pete.
13-04-2015, 06:55 PM
:suspect:

Jason.
13-04-2015, 08:37 PM
I wonder if they still legitimately go into hiding.

I was watching bits and bobs of launches BB5-BB8, and Davina would say they've been in hiding for two weeks, in hidden locations around the country, and have been stripped apart from their phones, TV's, internet, and the papers, and have no idea what the house looks like or what the theme is, etc.

Heck, even for BB5 they were hidden abroad in Belgium, for two weeks. :shocked:

I imagine these days, they go into hiding about 3 days before the launch, and are put into different rooms at the same hotel, which is about a 5 minute drive from the BB house, and have every idea of what the house looks like, and what's in store for them.

Jamesy
13-04-2015, 09:18 PM
They go in hiding around a week or a week and a half before launch I think, and I think they are put in hiding just before the house pictures are revealed.

The only things C5 housemates seem to know as they go in is what the logo looks like and the theme of the series *remembers Jack and Joe mentioning "Secrets and Lies" every episode of BB14*

Jason.
13-04-2015, 09:24 PM
They go in hiding around a week or a week and a half before launch I think, and I think they are put in hiding just before the house pictures are revealed.

The only things C5 housemates seem to know as they go in is what the logo looks like and the theme of the series *remembers Jack and Joe mentioning "Secrets and Lies" every episode of BB14*

Ah right.
That's still too much, IMO.

It's always good to go in hiding before the theme is revealed, so they have no idea what to expect.