PDA

View Full Version : Allison Grodner to become executive producer of BBUK

Jack_
31-03-2015, 11:06 PM
BBUSA’s Allison Grodner to take over Big Brother UK

Big Brother USA executive producer Allison Grodner is to take over the UK version of the show this summer, bbspy has learned.

The award-winning reality TV pro has agreed a deal that will see her swap places with her British counterparts ahead of the sixteenth civilian edition of BBUK.

It is thought that she is using the opportunity to test risky new ideas that she’s hoping to implement in future seasons of BBUSA – which uses a radically different format, with only one contestant (dubbed the ‘Head of Household’) getting to nominate each week.

An insider told bbspy: “Allison watched the Power Trip series last year and was thrilled that the bosses managed to get away with manipulating drama, cancelling immunity and executing a different nominations twist almost every single week.

“But she’s got some even bigger ideas on how to up the ante with the meddling, so she’s worked out a deal to come across the pond for the summer and show us how its done.

“The powers that be know that some fans have been calling for new executives recently, and their prayers are being answered – though perhaps not in the way they hoped.”

Our source also revealed that Allison is drawing up a twist that will see the new crop of housemates compete in challenges against some of BBUSA’s most popular faces – with the likes of Jessie Godderz, Aaryn Gries and Amanda Zuckerman said to be on her wishlist.

However, the UK bosses have used their Power of Veto on plans for a permanent tweak to the nominations process, as they’re unwilling to make changes that could improve the show.

“Allison was hoping that she’d be able to properly bring the HoH concept over,” added the mole. “But C5 has already paid for the furniture for the latest incarnation of the Bedsit, so they want to focus on that instead.”

As part of the arrangement, the BBUK execs will travel Stateside to assist Grodner’s right-hand man Rich Meehan on BBUSA. They are expected discuss how ditching the 24-hour live feed – a fundamental Big Brother feature – has helped them cover up details of format breaches, such as celebrity housemates getting outside contact.

Channel 5 recently announced that it has renewed the UK rights to Big Brother for three more years, guaranteeing one regular and two Celebrity series annually until the end of 2018.

bbspy (http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb16/news/0401/big-brother-usa-chief-allison-grodner-to-become-executive-producer-of-bbuk#ixzz3W0WN0q4S)

:joker:

LukeB
31-03-2015, 11:09 PM
oh lord :joker:

Braden
31-03-2015, 11:19 PM
Lmfao

LukeB
31-03-2015, 11:54 PM
Our source also revealed that Allison is drawing up a twist that will see the new crop of housemates compete in challenges against some of BBUSA’s most popular faces – with the likes of Jessie Godderz, Aaryn Gries and Amanda Zuckerman said to be on her wishlist.

this does sound like a great idea.. but please not Aaryn or Amanda :yuk:

LukeB
31-03-2015, 11:55 PM
is this a april fool thread :suspect:

JoshBB
31-03-2015, 11:58 PM
please dont turn our show into some more strategic bull****. i like watching bbcan but literally after a while it gets annoying and I wanna see people be real

mrmattybeck1
01-04-2015, 12:03 AM
please dont turn our show into some more strategic bull****. i like watching bbcan but literally after a while it gets annoying and I wanna see people be real
The UK format has gotten stale things need to change I like be the bb Canada format

JoshBB
01-04-2015, 12:04 AM
The UK format has gotten stale things need to change I like be the bb Canada format

Then watch that. Lmao I don't think it is wise to change the format of something after 15 seasons and do a complete u-turn.

mrmattybeck1
01-04-2015, 12:05 AM
Then watch that. Lmao I don't think it is wise to change the format of something after 15 seasons and do a complete u-turn.
I will bb Canada Is brilliant

LukeB
01-04-2015, 12:07 AM
I always wanted the UK to use the USA/Canada format for ages but only for one series tho.
I love game talk and stuff. Might get a lot of complaints but it will be exciting. 24/7 live feed is needed tho

JoshBB
01-04-2015, 12:14 AM
I always wanted the UK to use the USA/Canada format for ages but only for one series tho.
I love game talk and stuff. Might get a lot of complaints but it will be exciting. 24/7 live feed is needed tho

24/7 live feed is soooooo needed

mrmattybeck1
01-04-2015, 12:16 AM
Growing to love the us format find it much more exciting myself

zakman440
01-04-2015, 12:22 AM

Jason.
01-04-2015, 12:27 AM

OMFG THAT X FACTOR THREAD.

HAHA.

armand.kay
01-04-2015, 12:30 AM
Omfg bye

LukeB
01-04-2015, 12:32 AM
OMFG THAT X FACTOR THREAD.

HAHA.

That was made weeks ago btw :p

Jason.
01-04-2015, 12:37 AM
That was made week
s ago btw :p

I know.
I noticed it five minutes ago. So the hype died down. :bawling:

At first, I didn't get it as I was automatically on the second page. Then I went on the first, and realized.
I love how the mods stickied the thread.

Then your suspicions on here linked with the other thread, which is what it made it hilarious. :joker:

You should do another one in June, during BB. Saying theirs been another Bomb Scare. :laugh:

LukeB
01-04-2015, 12:40 AM
I know.
I noticed it five minutes ago. So the hype died down. :bawling:

At first, I didn't get it as I was automatically on the second page. Then I went on the first, and realized.
I love how the mods stickied the thread.

Then your suspicions on here linked with the other thread, which is what it made it hilarious. :joker:

You should do another one in June, during BB. Saying theirs been another Bomb Scare. :laugh:

I thought that x factor thread was real when i posted :facepalm:
i did not see spoof :laugh3:

Jason.
01-04-2015, 12:42 AM
I thought that x factor thread was real when i posted :facepalm:
i did not see spoof :laugh3:

That story gets better every time you hear it. Though, I've only heard it once, so what do I know. Haha.
Imagine if MacieFootlights had done that. :joker::hehe:

Headie
01-04-2015, 12:55 AM
I always love BBSpy's April Fools trolls :love:

Macie Lightfoot
01-04-2015, 01:44 AM
That story gets better every time you hear it. Though, I've only heard it once, so what do I know. Haha.
Imagine if MacieFootlights had done that. :joker::hehe:

excuse me.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
01-04-2015, 02:38 AM
MacieFootlights :joker::joker::joker:

iRyan
01-04-2015, 06:29 AM
Haha I totally bought this, to absolute horror, before I realized.

Pete.
01-04-2015, 09:01 AM
Nothing will top their story last year about Channel 5's BB channel

LukeB
01-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Death at MacieFootlights :laugh2:

Jason.
01-04-2015, 10:43 AM
I meant MacieLightfeets. :blush2:

Omfg, at MacieFootLight. That's funny. :hehe:

Jack_
01-04-2015, 10:54 AM
MacieLightfeets

Jason.
01-04-2015, 11:01 AM
MacieLightfoot.

Maybe, I should stop talking. :shrug:

Jason.
01-04-2015, 11:03 AM
Although MacieLightfeets would make a great shoe shop name. Giving Clarks a run for their money there.

LukeB
01-04-2015, 11:26 AM
I might start using it :think:

BBDodge
01-04-2015, 02:34 PM

This isn't the day for reading BB rumours online.

Raph
01-04-2015, 04:19 PM
LOLOLOLOL at macie footlights :laugh2:

ruiphillips
03-04-2015, 06:30 AM
Not me falling for this.

mrmattybeck1
03-04-2015, 03:43 PM
Why don't people like her sounds better than our production farce