PDA

View Full Version : Overuse of the word 'like' is so annoying.

jennyjuniper
04-04-2015, 03:51 AM
I am really enjoying the new series of Canada BB. However some of the housemates are so annoying by using the word 'like' so often in their conversations. It's got to the point where I'm not hearing the conversation, just noticing how many times that word is used.
With the Brits it's usually the word 'basically' which is overused and that's just as irritating.
Am I just being a bit OCD about it, or do any of you get irritated too?

JerseyWins
04-04-2015, 05:14 AM
Pilar says like about 4 times per sentence from what I've noticed. :joker: But that's from what I've seen on the live feeds. Haven't really noticed it with too many people on the show actually.

BBUKAUSFAN
04-04-2015, 06:19 AM
your being OCD i don't even notice it haha

Mokka
04-04-2015, 06:27 AM
I hadn't noticed... but I probably will now thanks to you Jenny :laugh:

I don't say the word much myself... but sometimes when I'm on here I notice myself using it ironically. My Uni English Prof always said, "you have to know the rules before you can break them to get a desired effect." and sometimes when I want to imply I am flippant or lighthearted about a comment... I use like a few times :joker:

I don't know if anyone gets the implication... but I saw myself doing it today even, and I realized it is just a character or persona that I like to play with every once in awhile. :)

jennyjuniper
04-04-2015, 12:30 PM
your being OCD i don't even notice it haha

You will now.

JoshBB
04-04-2015, 01:11 PM
I know, but like.. it just seems like the word "like" is just like the best word for like when you need space for thinking but like you don't want to stop talking, like.. do you know what I mean? :laugh:

I say like way too much irl it's embarrassing though, so I cannot comment without being a hypocrite.

JerseyWins
04-04-2015, 04:28 PM
I know, but like.. it just seems like the word "like" is just like the best word for like when you need space for thinking but like you don't want to stop talking, like.. do you know what I mean? :laugh:

I say like way too much irl it's embarrassing though, so I cannot comment without being a hypocrite.
Is that a direct quote from Pilar? It literally is except she also has like 3 "I don't know"'s in her sentences too. :joker:

I love Pilar tho but like I said she's the only out of this cast I notice overusing it. (but she baaadly overuses it... like 5 people shouldn't use it as much as she does alone)

JoshBB
04-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Is that a direct quote from Pilar? It literally is except she also has like 3 "I don't know"'s in her sentences too. :joker:

I love Pilar tho but like I said she's the only out of this cast I notice overusing it. (but she baaadly overuses it... like 5 people shouldn't use it as much as she does alone)

maybe :smug:

MB.
04-04-2015, 04:58 PM
...literally.

Ramsay
04-04-2015, 05:00 PM
i say it all the time

Vanessa
04-04-2015, 05:50 PM
Remember Big Brother Dale saying LIKE all the time? :joker: