PDA

View Full Version : Bb moved forward due to love island

mrmattybeck1
15-04-2015, 12:37 PM
Channel 5 plan to push Big Brother forward to avoid a clash in ratings with new ITV2 show 'Love Island': http://t.co/xnFQoaTQCD #BBUK

Jay28jay2
15-04-2015, 01:30 PM
Praying its fake.

Jamesy
15-04-2015, 01:39 PM
Air Big Brother at 9pm so it doesn't clash. Not hard for C5 to get around :shrug:

Jay.
15-04-2015, 01:40 PM
We already know it's airing earlier?

Lostie!
15-04-2015, 01:57 PM
I thought they moved it forward so they could put a bigger gap in between the end of the main series and the start of the summer CBB, rather than having it start days later (which was always pretty silly).

Either way, I'm quite glad it's been moved slightly forward. As for Love Island, I won't be bothering. :laugh:

Jason.
15-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Is it bad that I'm more excited for the return of Love Island than I am for Big Brother 16?

:shrug:

Jason.
15-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Does this mean it's launching in early May, again.
FFS.

I really hope it's a Wednesday 13th May launch, or somewhere around that week.

When does Love Island even start?
As far as I know the applications for LI, close on 30th April, surely they wouldn't launch that soon after the applications/auditions have closed.

Rob!
15-04-2015, 02:41 PM
Is it bad that I'm more excited for the return of Love Island than I am for Big Brother 16?

:shrug:

Yes! :umm2:

Vanessa
15-04-2015, 02:43 PM
Early may sounds great! :cheer2:

Jason.
15-04-2015, 02:43 PM
Does this mean it's launching in early May, again.
FFS.

I really hope it's a Wednesday 13th May launch, or somewhere around that week.

When does Love Island even start?
As far as I know the applications for LI, close on 30th April, surely they wouldn't launch that soon after the applications/auditions have closed.

EDIT

Just read the article. It says it could be launching "as early as mid-May". Sounds like it was originally planned to launch in late-May, before they brought it forwards.

I'm fine with a Mid-May launch, TBH. So long as it's not the 6th.

In regards to them wanting to improve on last years crap ratings. Two words.
PRODUCTION TEAM!

Annoys me how they care so much about ratings, yet they treat the show like dog **** on a tramps shoe, ever since the success of CBB has come about.

Phillip!
15-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Put it on at 9 instead? :umm2:

Jason.
15-04-2015, 02:54 PM
Didn't the first series of CLI, back in 2005 often beat BB6 in ratings, and that was when BB was getting 4m highlights.

I bet the producers of BB are crapping themselves. :hehe:

MB.
15-04-2015, 02:56 PM
I'm pretty sure the move to May has very little to do with Love Island - or if it has, then the producers really shouldn't be worrying about competing with a show on ITV2 that hasn't been on air for nearly ten years anyway. Surely there isn't much in Love Island to attract viewers that isn't already catered for by Ex on the Beach etc nowadays?

Will.
15-04-2015, 03:00 PM
Ive never head of BBNEWS24, sounds like a rip off of Jarrods website.

The only fan BB sites are think are reliable are BBSPY, BB24/7 and Big Blagger.

And obviously all the other TV news sites like Digital Spy, Reality Box, The Sun, the list goes on...........

MB.
15-04-2015, 03:04 PM

And obviously all the other TV news sites like Digital Spy, Reality Box, The Sun, the list goes on...........

Plug ha.

I'm guessing that the news about Love Island coming back and Big Brother moving to May has prompted them to put two-and-two together. It might have been a factor, but I doubt they solely chose to move their flagship show ahead by a month so that they wouldn't have to go up against a show that the general public haven't been interested in for a decade (*insert reference to Big Brother here*)

Jarrod
15-04-2015, 03:05 PM

I've had it out with them before about ripping off my site. I've caught them taking pictures and stuff before now :suspect:

Will.
15-04-2015, 03:06 PM
Plug ha.

I'm guessing that the news about Love Island coming back and Big Brother moving to May has prompted them to put two-and-two together. It might have been a factor, but I doubt they solely chose to move their flagship show ahead by a month so that they wouldn't have to go up against a show that the general public haven't been interested in for a decade (*insert reference to Big Brother here*)

I agree, Reality Box isn't a BB fan site anymore because it posts about all reality TV etc.

Will.
15-04-2015, 03:07 PM
I've had it out with them before about ripping off my site. I've caught them taking pictures and stuff before now :suspect:

Must be annoying, they cant even make a name for themselves, the website looks like its been designed by a 10 year old, I really wouldn't believe anything they post.

Lostie!
15-04-2015, 03:09 PM
Didn't the first series of CLI, back in 2005 often beat BB6 in ratings, and that was when BB was getting 4m highlights.

Apparently, by the time Love Island was coming to an end, it's ratings were "half the size" of the ratings for Big Brother.

Of course, BB isn't exactly getting those ratings these days so who knows which show would rate higher now.

Rob!
15-04-2015, 03:48 PM
I can't imagine love island doing that well in the ratings, especially with it being on ITV2. A lot has changed since then.

DigitalSid
15-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Love Island? Is it 2006 or something?

Pete.
15-04-2015, 04:19 PM
The drama intensifies

Gstar
15-04-2015, 04:50 PM

other way round :laugh: Makosi put CLI out of business in 2005

Jason.
15-04-2015, 05:51 PM
Apparently, by the time Love Island was coming to an end, it's ratings were "half the size" of the ratings for Big Brother.

Of course, BB isn't exactly getting those ratings these days so who knows which show would rate higher now.

I think Love Island would beat BB in ratings, nowadays, though.
Purely for the fact that it's coming back after 9 years, so that might attract some of the old audience, as well as new audience from the people who have lost interest in BB, etc.

I can imagine Love Island getting around 2.5m, whilst BB is getting around 1.7m.

Rob!
15-04-2015, 05:53 PM
I think Love Island would beat BB in ratings, nowadays, though.
Purely for the fact that it's coming back after 9 years, so that might attract some of the old audience, as well as new audience from the people who have lost interest in BB, etc.

I can imagine Love Island getting around 2.5m, whilst BB is getting around 1.7m.

I think your figures for both love island and BB are wildly over generous there :laugh:

Remember that TOWIE, a show that is apparently so popular with the same demographic as BB rarely gets over 1m.

Jamesy
15-04-2015, 05:54 PM
Love Island will suit teens far more now. It's perfect for the TOWIE market.

I can see it getting around the same figures as BB16, maybe slightly more.

Jason.
15-04-2015, 05:59 PM
I think your figures for both love island and BB are wildly over generous there :laugh:

Remember that TOWIE, a show that is apparently so popular with the same demographic as BB rarely gets over 1m.

Good point.

Pete.
15-04-2015, 06:12 PM
Love Island will flop hopefully

Rob!
15-04-2015, 06:27 PM
Love Island will flop hopefully

I don't see how it wouldn't - BB is hanging on by the skin of it's teeth (civilian anyway) as it is and Love Island is the type of trash that viewers tend to hate these days. Just look at Stand By Your Man on Channel 5 - it ended up getting something like 200k by the end of it's run and that was on a main channel :laugh:

Jason.
15-04-2015, 07:54 PM
I don't see how it wouldn't - BB is hanging on by the skin of it's teeth (civilian anyway) as it is and Love Island is the type of trash that viewers tend to hate these days. Just look at Stand By Your Man on Channel 5 - it ended up getting something like 200k by the end of it's run and that was on a main channel :laugh:

Oh god, that awful show which replaced the 9 hours of live feed that we were promised for BB15.

:nono:

mrmattybeck1
15-04-2015, 11:57 PM
Love island will air every night I think with a live eviction show as well on Wednesday

Blog Rider
21-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Love island will air every night I think with a live eviction show as well on Wednesday

Don't think I could get into two shows of the same genre, Life is more important plus BB is the original one :thumbs:

mrmattybeck1
21-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Don't think I could get into two shows of the same genre, Life is more important plus BB is the original one :thumbs:
I will watch both myself could love island have live feed

Blog Rider
22-04-2015, 11:19 AM

Doubt it, ITV never have live feed since the early series of IAC.

mrmattybeck1
22-04-2015, 11:32 AM
Just think the demand for a feed isn't as high as it used to be

Jason.
22-04-2015, 05:16 PM

I'm watching both, I loved LI, back in 2006. I remember it used to clash with BB7.

If I remember correctly, Love Island had about one hour of live feed nightly, on ITV2, when it aired back in 2006. It was on at midnight till one.

So pretty much more than we get for BB nowadays. Though, who knows if the new series will have any live feed.

mrmattybeck1
22-04-2015, 05:17 PM
I'm watching both, I loved LI, back in 2006. I remember it used to clash with BB7.

If I remember correctly, Love Island had about one hour of live feed nightly, on ITV2, when it aired back in 2006. It was on at midnight till one.

So pretty much more than we get for BB nowadays. Though, who knows if the new series will have any live feed.
We should get news if we do in the next few weeks

Jason.
22-04-2015, 05:21 PM
We should get news if we do in the next few weeks

Applications for Love Island close next week, I believe.

I don't mind if Love Island doesn't have any live feed, as the time difference will mean it will probably air late.

And it's not essential to the format, same goes to IAC, unlike with BB, the whole point is to watch the housemates every move.

But, I wouldn't complain if we got some LI live feed, to make up for the lack of BB live feed.

mrmattybeck1
22-04-2015, 05:22 PM

I don't mind if Love Island doesn't have any live feed, as the time difference will mean it will probably air late.

And it's not essential to the format, same goes to IAC, unlike with BB, the whole point is to watch the housemates every move.

But, I wouldn't complain if we got some LI live feed, to make up for the lack of BB live feed.
Agree I will be watching

Blog Rider
22-04-2015, 07:56 PM

Actually it would be funny if the Love Island live feed was on the same time as BOTS to teach Channel 5 a lesson.