PDA

View Full Version : The Nutribullet

rubymoo
22-04-2015, 11:04 AM
I just bought a Nutribullet......and i love it love it love it!

I'm so sick of my health issues, my tiredness, my insomnia, acid reflux, ibs, brain fog, lethargy, fatigue, memory problems, general aches and pains, and a mild feeling of sadness.

I've decided that the only supplement i'm going to take will be a slippery elm supplement, along with herbal teas.

Everytime i switched on the TV the Nutribullet/Nutrininja ad was on.....so i thought blow it, i'm going to buy one! And i have to say....i'm impressed:dance:

Just before Easter i came down with a virus, that turned into gastritis and lasted 4 weeks, and last year i was ill with the flu over Easter(again) for 5 weeks and then in October i suffered with sinusitis for 4 weeks, i can't keep being ill like this so have decided that the Nutribullet may be the way forward!

Does anyone else have a Nutribullet/Nutrininja? Did it improve your wellbeing?

Also if anyone has any smoothie/veggie recipes i would be grateful if those were posted too:spin:

Niamh.
22-04-2015, 11:06 AM
I don't have one but I've heard a few people on here talk about them before, I'd be interested in hearing some reviews myself

rubymoo
22-04-2015, 11:10 AM
I don't have or use one but I've heard a few people on here talk about them before, I'd be interested in hearing some reviews myself

I've made 2 Nutriblasts, one yesterday and one for breakfast this morning, and i put nuts in both, as well as frozen apple (along with spinach, 2 satsumas and a banana) and the bullet completely obliterated everything into a smooth creamy drink.....lovely!

I've decided to have one for breakfast every morning:laugh:

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
22-04-2015, 11:14 AM
:worship:

Josy
22-04-2015, 11:40 AM
I have seen lots of people rave about these lately, they have been around for years though or at least the company that make them made the same thing with a different name.

Personally I wouldn't buy one, not to sound really stingy but there's no way I'm paying 100+ quid for a smoothie maker then spending hundreds more every few weeks more for organic everything that gets put into it and if you don't pay for organic then you are basically swallowing a ton of chemicals and pesticides etc

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
22-04-2015, 11:45 AM
I have seen lots of people rave about these lately, they have been around for years though or at least the company that make them made the same thing with a different name.

Personally I wouldn't buy one, not to sound really stingy but there's no way I'm paying 100+ quid for a smoothie maker then spending hundreds more every few weeks more for organic everything that gets put into it and if you don't pay for organic then you are basically swallowing a ton of chemicals and pesticides etc

what :umm2:

so you only eat organic fruit?

arista
22-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Yes Josy
they should be 50 pounds

Those selling it are making a massive mark up

Josy
22-04-2015, 11:48 AM
what :umm2:

so you only eat organic fruit?

No.

Normal fruit and veg that tends to need peeling before eating will have chemicals on them

Livia
22-04-2015, 11:49 AM
I've got an ordinary liquidiser that works well. I don't necessarily buy organic fruit and veg but everything's scubbed or peeled before it's used.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
22-04-2015, 11:52 AM
so like if you get a banana is there chemicals on the actual banana or just the peel?

Vanessa
22-04-2015, 12:01 PM
I don't like the idea of eating seeds and skin, so i always peel and wash fruit and veg. Unless it's a banana. :hugesmile:

Josy
22-04-2015, 12:06 PM
so like if you get a banana is there chemicals on the actual banana or just the peel?

No it isn't just on the peel but it's not unsafe to eat a normal peeled banana as far as I know, there may still be traces of chemicals there though.

Bananas are one of the fruits that has the least amount of chemical residue on them from pesticides.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
22-04-2015, 12:12 PM
i did not know this about fruit

Niamh.
22-04-2015, 12:18 PM
I ate an apple today with the skin on and I never washed it......I'm going to die :eek:

Vanessa
22-04-2015, 12:19 PM
I ate an apple today with the skin on and I never washed it......I'm going to die :eek:

:laugh:

Vicky.
22-04-2015, 12:25 PM

I never wash fruit D:

I always wash veg though, but thats mainly because things like potaoes and that are filthy and even though they will be getting boiled or something...I still feel the need to wash them :laugh:

Niamh.
22-04-2015, 12:26 PM
I never wash fruit D:

I always wash veg though, but thats mainly because things like potaoes and that are filthy and even though they will be getting boiled or something...I still feel the need to wash them :laugh:

Yeah same here, that's kind of weird when you think about it cos like you say most times you're boiling veg anyway on top of washing it

Vanessa
22-04-2015, 12:26 PM
I never wash fruit D:

I just run them under cold water. That's enough.

Josy
22-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Some supermarkets have apples etc that's already washed.

I wouldn't eat an apple without washing it first though, just running it under the water at least :think:

rubymoo
22-04-2015, 12:50 PM
I try to buy organic where i can, or i soak fruit in water, then rinse, soak, rinse:)

I always scrub potatoes.

I just like the fact that with the Nutribullet you can add nuts and it turns it to liquid:shocked:

And by adding frozen fruit the drink is icy cold, it's even got it's own little place on my worktop so that it gets used:laugh:

rubymoo
22-04-2015, 12:51 PM

You rebel:hehe:

Vicky.
22-04-2015, 12:54 PM
Fancy going and making a smoothie with my normal blender now. I wouldn't pay for one of these when I honestly feel a normal blender (which cost us 40 quid 2 years ago and still works perfect) does exactly the same job. Gavs been ranting for one of these for ages and I will not budge, just seems a complete waste of money :S

Ninastar
22-04-2015, 12:55 PM

r.i.p xo

rubymoo
22-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Fancy going and making a smoothie with my normal blender now. I wouldn't pay for one of these when I honestly feel a normal blender (which cost us 40 quid 2 years ago and still works perfect) does exactly the same job. Gavs been ranting for one of these for ages and I will not budge, just seems a complete waste of money :S

If you get one, you'll wonder how you ever managed without one:laugh:

Niamh.
22-04-2015, 01:06 PM
r.i.p xo

:bawling:

Kizzy
22-04-2015, 01:13 PM
I started a thread on this as I've been mulling over getting one but can't justify the cost :(

Really glad it's helping rubymoo :)

Vanessa
22-04-2015, 01:14 PM
I think a normal blender is just as good, but a lot cheaper.

rubymoo
22-04-2015, 01:33 PM
I started a thread on this as I've been mulling over getting one but can't justify the cost :(

Thanks Kizzy:spin:

I think i'm just at that point now where i'm willing to give anything a go and stuff the cost:laugh:

I will keep you updated on any health improvements:wavey:

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
22-04-2015, 01:35 PM
normal blenders do not work the same :joker:

rubymoo
22-04-2015, 01:37 PM
I think a normal blender is just as good, but a lot cheaper.

I've got a normal blender, but it's a bugger to clean, and it's a good blender (i've decided it will be my soup blender!)

I think i wanted to try the Nutribullet because you can add nutriblasts to it. And i decided that because i'm 40 soon, to spoil myself:hehe: (hubby says it will be another kitchen gadget i won't use:laugh:)

But i will prove him wrong:smug:

rubymoo
22-04-2015, 01:38 PM

Quite right Rose! The bullet is far superior!:)

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
22-04-2015, 01:39 PM
Quite right Rose! The bullet is far superior!:)

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mesqrgXttG1ru3uxu.gif

Vicky.
22-04-2015, 02:24 PM

A blender is a blender. They do the same thing :idc:

Jay.
22-04-2015, 03:16 PM
I used to have on until it broke, I use a Breville Blend-Active blender now, it's far better imo, but both are still good :clap1:

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
22-04-2015, 03:39 PM
A blender is a blender. They do the same thing :idc:

no :nono: the bullet lit blasts everything so there are no lumpy bits at all and blenders do not do that :nono:

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
22-04-2015, 03:39 PM
I used to have on until it broke, I use a Breville Blend-Active blender now, it's far better imo, but both are still good :clap1:

:nono:

arista
22-04-2015, 04:15 PM

You mean You Broke It
Forcing to much in it.

arista
22-04-2015, 04:16 PM

It should be half that price
you need to find a Company
that Bulk Buys it.

Jay.
22-04-2015, 04:21 PM
You mean You Broke It
Forcing to much in it.

No, my mum did :nono:

arista
22-04-2015, 04:29 PM
No, my mum did :nono:

Say that then

I ain't a mind ready Jay

Jay.
22-04-2015, 04:30 PM
I didn't think it was crucial to know :joker:

arista
22-04-2015, 04:37 PM
I didn't think it was crucial to know :joker:

It is

as you said "It Broke"

Meaning its faulty
but they are not

Never go into Business
Jay

LeatherTrumpet
22-04-2015, 04:38 PM
who washes fruit?

i have had 4 easy peelers today and a nana but i am cross with my pears as I got them on Sunday and still they are as hard as diamonds

i bought some blueberries today and will eat them but i am not keen on them but they are a superfood so i will shove them down my cake-hole

I am having the original white grape smoothy at 6.30 or so. Its ready made in the bottle

:fan:

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
22-04-2015, 05:07 PM
I am having the original white grape smoothy at 6.30 or so. Its ready made in the bottle

:joker::joker::joker:

LeatherTrumpet
22-04-2015, 05:16 PM
:joker::joker::joker:

its open

:hehe:

i can feel the ice cold goodness rushing through my very veins

rubymoo
23-04-2015, 12:47 PM
who washes fruit?

i have had 4 easy peelers today and a nana but i am cross with my pears as I got them on Sunday and still they are as hard as diamonds

i bought some blueberries today and will eat them but i am not keen on them but they are a superfood so i will shove them down my cake-hole

I hate this about pears, i buy them they are rock hard for days, then when i actually give them another go they are mushy and gross:rant:

I'm going to have a Henry Westons apple smoothy on Friday:laugh:

Marsh.
23-04-2015, 12:55 PM
You mean You Broke It
Forcing to much in it.

:joker:

LeatherTrumpet
23-04-2015, 01:23 PM
http://www.trustedreviews.com/nutribullet-review

these guys usually get it right

DemolitionRed
29-06-2015, 11:20 AM
I prefer my centrifuge juicer because it removes all the skin and takes large quantities of apples, carrots and greens in one go. It gives me a much cleaner fruit and vegetable drink than the nurtribullet.

Kizzy
29-06-2015, 11:22 AM
woooo get you...... #jelly