PDA

View Full Version : Willow caught up in BB Controversy

Headie
29-04-2015, 06:38 AM
http://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/entertainment/television/2015/04/28/big-brother-canada-live-feed-comments-spark-outrage/willow.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

The inappropriate comments of a house guest on the live feeds have riled even the most loyal of Big Brother Canada fans.
In the early morning hours on the feeds Tuesday, Willow and Sarah had their scheduled “chat date” on the patio as the rest of the house guests slept inside. Much like Frankie Grande and Zach Rance on Big Brother U.S. last year, the producers are editing Willow and Sarah as a flirty romance when there are clearly no true romantic sparks between the pair on the feeds.
MORE TV STORIES
Beforehand, Big Brother appeared to give them wine even though Sarah is a “have-not” for the week, which some fans interpreted as a breach of the rules. After the feeds went dark for several minutes, they returned with Sarah and Willow sitting on the patio with wine glasses but no alcohol in sight.
While comparing notes about the other partnerships in the house, Willow and Sarah spoke about Zach and his role in his alliance with Willow, Pilar, Kevin, JP and Ashleigh.
“They had no respect for me. You know who had more respect? The Jews during the concentration camps,” said Willow.
“Don’t say that,” admonished Sarah.
“I am saying it. Zach is the worst,” replied Willow.
“You cannot say that,” warned Sarah once again.
“He is so mean to me. You have no idea,” Willow continued.
“Not that mean,” said Sarah.
The insensitive comments immediately sparked livid comments on Twitter.
Sonia nedelcev (@SNedelcev) wrote: “What Willow said Comparing @zachBBCA3 to Hitler is disgusting! Her & Sarah are Toxic!”
Jordan the BB Man (@JordantheBBMan) was equally appalled. He wrote: “Really Willow, comparing Zach in the house to the Holocaust? Yikes . . . not cool.”
Big Brother as a series is no stranger to controversial comments. On the first season of Big Brother Canada, after losing a competition, Suzette yelled at Tom Plant, a firefighter from Alberta: “You got your wish, you f-----g redneck.” A tearful and regretful Suzette later apologized to Tom and the entire house for her outburst.
On the second season of Big Brother Canada, Paul accused Andrew of being both sexist and racist but in the Diary Room admitted it was a devious plot to rattle Andrew.
In 2013, Big Brother U.S.A. contestants Aaryn Gries and GinaMarie Zimmerman lost their jobs outside the house after continually making bigoted comments on the live feeds.
In response, CBS stated that even though they were offended by the house guests revealing their prejudices on the live feeds, those opinions did not reflect the views of the company as a whole.
The next episode of Big Brother Canada airs Wednesday night on Global TV, with more episodes Sunday and Monday.
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2015/04/28/big-brother-canada-live-feed-comments-spark-outrage.html

Welp

reece(:
29-04-2015, 06:47 AM
Sonia nedelcev (@SNedelcev) wrote: “What Willow said Comparing @zachBBCA3 to Hitler is disgusting! Her & Sarah are Toxic!”

Sarah didn't say anything and tried to diffuse it though :shrug:.

Mystic Mock
29-04-2015, 07:00 AM

Sarah didn't say anything and tried to diffuse it though :shrug:.

I'm sure they'll realize if you can reason with them.

Mokka
29-04-2015, 07:26 AM
:facepalm: Willow...

It's just as I feared, she is as clueless as Ash and Pilar

LukeB
29-04-2015, 08:23 AM
Why is sarah getting the back lash? She told her off basically

Raph
29-04-2015, 09:46 AM
Aw Willow, don't be saying that!

LemonJam
29-04-2015, 12:05 PM
She's done an apology to Canada: http://beastmode-bunnyslippers.tumblr.com/post/117637843268/willow-apologizing-for-her-antisemetic-comment

All is well~

Macie Lightfoot
29-04-2015, 02:14 PM
I mean, the last time someone compared their reality TV show experience to the Holocaust (RC on Survivor: Philippines) it was hilarious <3

JerseyWins
29-04-2015, 07:44 PM
Not that big of a deal IMO, although I find practically nothing offensive tbh so I wouldn't be the best judge of how bad that was to say.

I give her credit for apologizing as well.

Pete.
29-04-2015, 08:10 PM
Justice 4 Sarah

LukeB
29-04-2015, 08:15 PM
Sonia nedelcev needs telling :nono: