PDA

View Full Version : Will the Launch night favourite turn into the villain AGAIN?

*mazedsalv**
03-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Who's going to put a bet on this? So to name a few, we have had...

- Saskia/Maxwell/Makosi BB6
- Grace and Sezer BB7
- Carole BB8
- John James BB11 (this could be arguable as he was never an official villain)
- Becky BB13 (if that counts)
- Wolfy BB14
- Pauline BB15

All the above were favourite to win at one point within the first week. So, should we all make bets on the launch night favourite to be a pain? :p

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
03-05-2015, 06:36 PM

- Grace and Sezer BB7
- Carole BB8
- Wolfy BB14
- Pauline BB15

All the above were favourite to win at one point within the first week. So, should we all make bets on the launch night favourite to be a pain? :p

idr any of these being launch favs :suspect:

Rob!
03-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Grace and Sezer were favourites to win? I thought Pete was and remained it up until he won?

T*
03-05-2015, 06:39 PM
Everyone hated Sezer as soon as he turned to the camera and said 'dis iz cezars palace. respect XDDD' during his entrance :umm2:

Benjamin
03-05-2015, 06:45 PM
Grace and Sezer were favourites to win? I thought Pete was and remained it up until he won?

Pete was always fave to win

*mazedsalv**
03-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Should of put close favourite. Upon entry...

Pete
Sezer
Grace

However, Pete was not always fave to win, in the last few days, Aisleyne overtook him for at least 12 hours, how do I remember? :p

That was the Top 3 with Sezer dropping to 3rd and Grace moving 2nd until the Shahbaz drama started. A lot of the Sezer support obviously came from first impression. Grace was being labelled as a "nice girl" on DS. (I was a lurker)

I remember Saskia being favourite in the 2nd week with Makosi 2nd and Maxwell third. I remember because my Mum put her first ever bet on a bookie that week. I have always been a bookies follower so I checked around 5 times a day.

Dylan95
03-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Probably will be and for series 13 you could say Caroline as she was one of the faves at the start to win

Dylan95
03-05-2015, 07:02 PM
And Rebeckah for Series 12

Jason.
03-05-2015, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't really class Wolfy as a villain, TBH.
She may seem bad out of the BB14 cast, but she wasn't actually a nasty person. Just annoying and a bit arrogant.

She seems pretty tame by the standards of the BB15 cast, and Pauline, as well as some of the nasty housemates we've had over the past year - most of which are more favored than Wolfy.

I don't recall Grace and Sezer being favorites on launch. I mean Grace was popular on launch, but she wasn't favorite. Meanwhile, Sezer was always hated, if I remember correctly.

Mystic Mock
03-05-2015, 08:38 PM

- Grace and Sezer BB7
- Carole BB8
- Wolfy BB14
- Pauline BB15

I still don't get why the public went so nasty on them when there was much worse in there.

But yes it's a BB tradition of having a favourite on launch night becoming hated by the end of their stint, just look at Caroline from BB13 as an example.

Black Dagger
03-05-2015, 08:49 PM
Yeah I remember Rebekah was launch night bookies favourite after her VT.

Denver
03-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Sam was the launch night fave for BB14

MB.
03-05-2015, 08:52 PM
Sam was the launch night fave for BB13

Quite incredible for someone who was never in their series... :suspect:

(the same can be said for the Sam in BB14)

Denver
03-05-2015, 08:57 PM
Quite incredible for someone who was never in their series... :suspect:

It was a typo :idc:

Lostie!
03-05-2015, 08:59 PM

:joker:

Jason.
03-05-2015, 09:33 PM
I still don't get why the public went so nasty on them when there was much worse in there.

But yes it's a BB tradition of having a favourite on launch night becoming hated by the end of their stint, just look at Caroline from BB13 as an example.

Oh yeah, you love those two.

I agree with Grace. She was just a harmless bitch. Pretty tame by today's standards.
She was a great housemate, too. I love Grace.

But Sezer was horrid. He would be even more hated today, TBH.

Daniel.
03-05-2015, 09:35 PM
Saskia being favourite to win after a racist VT

Trash

Jason.
03-05-2015, 09:36 PM
Saskia being favourite to win after a racist VT

Trash

How was she racist?

Daniel.
03-05-2015, 09:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZiBji9oj44

47:30

MB.
03-05-2015, 09:42 PM
Saskia Farage?

Glenn.
03-05-2015, 09:43 PM
The only one I remember being launch night favourite was Pauline.

Jason.
03-05-2015, 09:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZiBji9oj44

47:30

I just watched it.
What did she say that was racist?

She said she's a 1/4 Sri-Lankan, and isn't racist.

Then goes on to generalize about immigrants. She seemed pretty aware.

I don't think that's racist, just controversial opinion, and a bit ignorant.

Ahmed's VT, the year before was more worrying, as he was openly homophobic.

*mazedsalv**
03-05-2015, 10:19 PM
Completely forgot about Caroline. I don't know whether she was ever favourite, but I'm sure she was 2nd in the first week. And yep, Rebeckah also. Pretty sure she was fave for a short stint, until someone overtook her. Then Aaron (I think) remained fave for most of the series from W3 onwards with Alex occasionally overtaking him.

Wasn't Luke BB9 one of the faves on launch too? Govan BB11 was also in the Top 3. How things change! Gina ended up doing the opposite, she was 120/1 to win in the first week :shocked: 4 weeks later, she was favourite.

Jason.
03-05-2015, 10:22 PM
Gina ended up doing the opposite, she was 120/1 to win in the first week :shocked: 4 weeks later, she was favourite.

And then lost it again, 4 weeks later after being a bitch to Hazel.
:clap1:

Denver
03-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Completely forgot about Caroline. I don't know whether she was ever favourite, but I'm sure she was 2nd in the first week. And yep, Rebeckah also. Pretty sure she was fave for a short stint, until someone overtook her. Then Aaron (I think) remained fave for most of the series from W3 onwards with Alex occasionally overtaking him.

Wasn't Luke BB9 one of the faves on launch too? Govan BB11 was also in the Top 3. How things change! Gina ended up doing the opposite, she was 120/1 to win in the first week :shocked: 4 weeks later, she was favourite.

Im not sure if he was fave on launch night but i know during that series just about everyone was fave at some point

Denver
03-05-2015, 10:26 PM
For people saying Rebecka was fave on launch night i swear it was Mark who was fave from the minute he entered to the minute he left

*mazedsalv**
03-05-2015, 10:28 PM
For people saying Rebecka was fave on launch night i swear it was Mark who was fave from the minute he entered to the minute he left

She was def favourite for a time. So much love for her during the first HL show. Mark was the person to overtake her and then few days before he left, Aaron took over.

Daniel.
03-05-2015, 10:29 PM
I just watched it.
What did she say that was racist?

She said she's a 1/4 Sri-Lankan, and isn't racist.

Then goes on to generalize about immigrants. She seemed pretty aware.

I don't think that's racist, just controversial opinion, and a bit ignorant.

Ahmed's VT, the year before was more worrying, as he was openly homophobic.

"They all want to bomb us"

If that isn't racist then I don't know what is

*mazedsalv**
03-05-2015, 10:30 PM
Im not sure if he was fave on launch night but i know during that series just about everyone was fave at some point

Yep, BB9 was a year where everyone was everywhere. Rex, Rachel, Mikey, Sara, Lisa were all faves at one point.

Daniel.
03-05-2015, 10:33 PM
BB6 had the most favourites

Jason.
03-05-2015, 10:40 PM
"They all want to bomb us"

If that isn't racist then I don't know what is

It had nothing to do with race. She just said she doesn't like people coming into the country (immigrants).

It was more ignorance than racism, if anything IMO.

Daniel.
03-05-2015, 10:43 PM
I completely disagree and think her VT comments along with what she said to Makosi, made her racist.

Jason.
03-05-2015, 10:43 PM
I completely disagree and think her VT comments along with what she said to Makosi, made her racist.

What did she say to Makosi that was racist?

MB.
03-05-2015, 10:44 PM
It had nothing to do with race. She just said she doesn't like people coming into the country (immigrants).

It was more ignorance than racism, if anything IMO.

Ignorant to the fact that not all immigrants want to bomb us? :umm2:

Daniel.
03-05-2015, 10:46 PM
What did she say to Makosi that was racist?

"You have a chip on your shoulder like people like you do"

Ignorant to the fact that not all immigrants want to bomb us? :umm2:

lol

MB.
03-05-2015, 10:50 PM
Also, if it was nothing to do with race, she wouldn't have preceded it with "I'm not racist, but..."

(look at us discussing a ten year-old show like it's in any way still relevant welp)

Mystic Mock
03-05-2015, 10:58 PM
Oh yeah, you love those two.

I agree with Grace. She was just a harmless bitch. Pretty tame by today's standards.
She was a great housemate, too. I love Grace.

But Sezer was horrid. He would be even more hated today, TBH.

I think that Grace and Sezer would both be seen as tame by modern BB standards as they're not disgusting enough for Ch5.

Jason.
03-05-2015, 10:59 PM
"You have a chip on your shoulder like people like you do"

Fair enough.

Though that comment was very ambiguous and could mean other things.
It depends what she meant by "people like you".

It could've been racial, or it could've been something else.
If I remember correctly, she kept referring to Makosi as a drama queen throughout the argument. She might have meant that.

But, I can see why someone would think it was. I personally didn't think it was.

If anything, I'd be more worried about Anthony calling Derek a "malteaser head" in an argument, and Derek's BNP comment.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
03-05-2015, 11:00 PM
death @ malteaser head omg

Jason.
03-05-2015, 11:03 PM
Also, if it was nothing to do with race, she wouldn't have preceded it with "I'm not racist, but..."

(look at us discussing a ten year-old show like it's in any way still relevant welp)

Because things can be taken the wrong way.

Racism
Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Since when were immigrants a race?
She also didn't specify which immigrants from certain backgrounds. She meant immigrants in general, regardless of race and ethnicity.

Those who think it was racist are misconstruing what she's saying, and think she's singling out a certain race, when she's not.

Mystic Mock
03-05-2015, 11:04 PM
Fair enough.

Though that comment was very ambiguous and could mean other things.
It depends what she meant by "people like you".

It could've been racial, or it could've been something else.
If I remember correctly, she kept referring to Makosi as a drama queen throughout the argument. She might have meant that.

But, I can see why someone would think it was. I personally didn't think it was.

If anything, I'd be more worried about Anthony calling Derek a "malteaser head" in an argument, and Derek's BNP comment.

Saskia's comment was made whilst pointing at all the black contestants which made her look suspicious to me.

And Anthony got away with a lot of **** in that series imo that nobody else would have, who remembers in the final week when he said that “he'll win because the ladies will fancy him?”

MB.
03-05-2015, 11:07 PM
Ignoring Tamara and Saskia, I'm sure there are housemates that you can defend who also seem like decent people. Let's keep trying.

Jason.
03-05-2015, 11:12 PM
Ignoring Tamara and Saskia, I'm sure there are housemates that you can defend who also seem like decent people. Let's keep trying.

What's Tamara got to do with this?
Bringing irrelevant housemates into the discussion, from a series 9 years later diminishes every point you make.

I don't even like her, and you seem to have the idea in your thick head that I do.
Defending someone doesn't mean you necessarily like them.

Just out of curiosity, what did you think of Jade Goody's behaviour, during CBB5?

Daniel.
03-05-2015, 11:27 PM
I laughed at that comment not being about Makosi's race, it 100% was, all four of the Team Saskia were racist

MB.
03-05-2015, 11:34 PM
thick head

lol ok then

Just out of curiosity, what did you think of Jade Goody's behaviour, during CBB5?

Bringing irrelevant housemates into the discussion, from a series 9 years later diminishes every point you make.

lol ok then

Jason.
03-05-2015, 11:35 PM
I laughed at that comment not being about Makosi's race, it 100% was, all four of the Team Saskia were racist

That's your opinion.
There was no confirmation whatsoever, that it was based on the grounds of race.

Like I said it, how do you know she meant it racially?
It's ambiguous. It could mean either two things.

It's just a matter of opinion, on which you believe it was.

I can see how you may think it was racist, but I don't.

It's not like Shilpagate, when it was clearly obvious what Jade was doing.

Jason.
03-05-2015, 11:36 PM
lol ok then

lol ok then

Tamara was irrelevant.
What has she got to do with the the subject of racism?

I brought up Jade Goody, as the race row fits in perfectly with what we're talking about.

Comments like "lol ok then" just proves my point, TBH.

Daniel.
03-05-2015, 11:40 PM
That's your opinion.
There was no confirmation whatsoever, that it was based on the grounds of race.

Like I said it, how do you know she meant it racially?
It's ambiguous. It could mean either two things.

It's just a matter of opinion, on which you believe it was.

I can see how you may think it was racist, but I don't.

It's not like Shilpagate, when it was clearly obvious what Jade was doing.

It was fact :umm2:

MB.
03-05-2015, 11:42 PM
Tamara was irrelevant.
What has she got to do with the the subject of racism?

I brought up Jade Goody, as the race row fits in perfectly with what we're talking about.

Similarly, I'd love to know your perceived intelligence of me, based seemingly on what I think constitutes racism (and - if not - your rather baffling choices of housemates to stick up for) fits in with the topic of racism. :think:

Mystic Mock
03-05-2015, 11:42 PM

Tbf to Maxwell he never said anything racist, the most dodgy thing he did was mock Science's accent.

MB.
03-05-2015, 11:43 PM
Tbf to Maxwell he never said anything racist, the most dodgy thing he did was mock Science's accent.

He did the same to Roberto. It just depends on how you'd class that.

Jason.
03-05-2015, 11:44 PM
It was fact :umm2:

Yes, Channel 4 confirmed Saskia was racist in 2005.

What do you make of Derek's BNP comment, BTW?

Mystic Mock
03-05-2015, 11:48 PM
He did the same to Roberto. It just depends on how you'd class that.

It's rude, but it's not different to what Marcus did to Sree in BB10, or half the house mimicking Freddie's accent in the same series.

MB.
03-05-2015, 11:50 PM
It's rude, but it's not different to what Marcus did to Sree in BB10, or half the house mimicking Freddie's accent in the same series.

Marcus did make a good point when he was warned about that - namely that he wouldn't be warned for imitating Charlie's Geordie accent.

MB.
Similarly, I'd love to know your perceived intelligence of me, based seemingly on what I think constitutes racism (and - if not - your rather baffling choices of housemates to stick up for) fits in with the topic of racism. :think:

*clears throat*

Jason.

Well for one making comments like "lol ok then" doesn't make you seem articulate, does it?

I couldn't care less what you think is racist or not, it's your opinion.
You just seem to think that sticking up for someone means you like them, when that's not clearly the case whatsoever. This isn't the first time you've done this, either.

You also misconstrued what I was saying. I never once made out Saskia was a decent person. I just pointed out, that I didn't think she was racist.

Mystic Mock
03-05-2015, 11:51 PM

Derek's comment was disgusting, but because it was on a fellow black person it tends to be laughed off more, I'm not saying that it's right, but it's Human Psychology.

MB.
03-05-2015, 11:54 PM
Well for one making comments like "lol ok then" doesn't make you seem articulate, does it?

Make an inane point, get an inane answer (you actually called me thick before that reply. So that explains... well, zilch)

Either way, there are so many more people worthy of defending from accusations like this than Saskia "they all want to bomb us" Howard-Clarke.

MB.
03-05-2015, 11:57 PM
Derek's comment was disgusting, but because it was on a fellow black person it tends to be laughed off more, I'm not saying that it's right, but it's Human Psychology.

Derek's such an 'eccentric' person that you're never really sure what to think. The fact that he's a Tory in the first place would swing him in that general direction in the first place (not that being a Tory equals being part of the BNP. I don't think that overlap is too great somehow), but there are all sorts of stories about him around, unfounded or otherwise that it may sometimes just be for the best to view him as the slightly aloof, slightly grumpy posh character.

Jason.
03-05-2015, 11:57 PM
Make an inane point, get an inane answer (you actually called me thick before that reply. So that explains... well, zilch)

Either way, there are so many more people worthy of defending from accusations like this than Saskia "they all want to bomb us" Howard-Clarke.

Look I'm sure you have 5 A*-C GCSES.
But you were being thick.

You seem to think just because I'm not attacking someone on a forum, that I automatically like them.

There's something called perspective.

You were completely oblivious to the point I was making.

MB.
04-05-2015, 12:00 AM
You seem to think just because I'm not attacking someone on a forum, that I automatically like them.

For somebody who accuses others of being 'thick' for taking words out of context (taking something out of context on the internet, whatever next?), you seem to do that a lot. I never said anything like that at all. I said that the people you do choose to defend are often... questionable choices. It's easy to assume that if someone goes out of their way to defend somebody against what I'd say is fairly damning evidence as Saskia's is, then they have at least a soft spot for them.

Jason.
04-05-2015, 12:03 AM
For somebody who accuses others of being 'thick' for taking words out of context (taking something out of context on the internet, whatever next?), you seem to do that a lot. I never said anything like that at all. I said that the people you do choose to defend are often... questionable choices. It's easy to assume that if someone goes out of their way to defend somebody against what I'd say is fairly damning evidence as Saskia's is, then they have at least a soft spot for them.

You weren't taking things out of context.
You just make assumptions. You've done it more than once. I've seen you do the same to others too.

BIB - They're only questionable, because you or the majority don't agree with them.

Daniel.
04-05-2015, 12:08 AM

I didn't like it, why?

Daniel.
04-05-2015, 12:09 AM
Maxwell said many racist things, he also mimicked Makosi's accent.

He also used "England for the English" on Live Feed, along with Anthony and Craig.

MB.
04-05-2015, 12:12 AM
You weren't taking things out of context.
You just make assumptions. You've done it more than once. I've seen you do the same to others too.

BIB - They're only questionable, because you or the majority don't agree with them.

I made an assumption that because you were defending the person who said that 'all immigrants want to bomb us' from accusations of racism, you may have liked them. I took that out of context to assume that defending someone so ardently had to equal some sort of fondness at least. It's the same thing with you defending Tamara from... I don't even know, I'm sure her transphobia must have popped up at one point.

But at least tonight has revealed some rather interesting things. I'd love you to elaborate (but keep it short, I'd hate for my lack of intelligence to get in the way :)).

Jason.
04-05-2015, 12:14 AM
Maxwell said many racist things, he also mimicked Makosi's accent.

He also used "England for the English" on Live Feed, along with Anthony and Craig.

BB6 as a series had many racial overtones.
I remember the suggestion at the time that the divide in the house was a racial divide.

Lots of behavior in it can be deemed as racist, too.

Imagine if BB6 aired after Shilpagate?
I think the show would've been cancelled.

Daniel.
04-05-2015, 12:15 AM
Maxwell and Saskia were pure scum and I thought it was obvious the house was divided racially.

They referred to Makosi and Kemal as Queen Africa and Kebab

Mystic Mock
04-05-2015, 12:18 AM
Both of those comments was both made from Craig who was never really questioned on being a racist.

Daniel.
04-05-2015, 12:18 AM
Craig was obviously racist, all four were.

MB.
04-05-2015, 12:19 AM
(let's just agree on this bit)

tbud8rLejLM

Daniel.
04-05-2015, 12:19 AM
Both of those comments was both made from Craig who was never really questioned on being a racist.

Maxwell used to sing the "England for the English"

Jason.
04-05-2015, 12:21 AM
I made an assumption that because you were defending the person who said that 'all immigrants want to bomb us' from accusations of racism, you may have liked them. I took that out of context to assume that defending someone so ardently had to equal some sort of fondness at least. It's the same thing with you defending Tamara from... I don't even know, I'm sure her transphobia must have popped up at one point.

But at least tonight has revealed some rather interesting things. I'd love you to elaborate (but keep it short, I'd hate for my lack of intelligence to get in the way :)).

I was defending Tamara, only because I don't think she should've went first.
Her transphobic tweet is irrelevant to her time in the house. So I don't see why you bring that up as a reason to attack her. Fair enough, if you don't like her as a person. I only judge her based on how she was in the house, and that was a dull bitch.

I remember a few weeks ago, I embedded a few tweets from Danielle's Twitter, showing her ignorance towards the Burka being banned. She said something along the lines of it makes Muslims second class citizens. She was too stupid to even spell the Holy Book correctly.
I could easily use that against Danielle.

All that proves is Danielle isn't a nice or even intelligent person - nothing to do with her as a housemate.

Also, I've said over the last few days that I was re-watching clips from BB15, and Danielle isn't as bad as I remembered, and my hatred for her has toned down immensely, and I actually don't even mind her now.

Rob!
04-05-2015, 12:21 AM
BB6 was just...like I don't think it could have gone anywhere else in the history of the show. It was the perfect step up from BB5 and then BB7 had a slightly more upbeat feel to it once Shabaz was gone. After that was the race row.

Mystic Mock
04-05-2015, 12:23 AM
Maxwell used to sing the "England for the English"

If anything that's xenophobia if you look at it from a sinister point of view.

Black Dagger
04-05-2015, 12:25 AM
Maxwell was racist on twitter just recently so he's still a massive ***********

MB.
04-05-2015, 12:25 AM

Maxwell can operate technology?

Jason.
04-05-2015, 12:28 AM

Maxwell to me always seemed to fit in with the sociological view of ignorant working class boy, who'd turn to crime because he did bad at school.

Anyone know if he's killed someone yet?

Daniel.
04-05-2015, 12:30 AM
If anything that's xenophobia if you look at it from a sinister point of view.

I thought he was racist and nothing can change my mind, Mock.

MB.
04-05-2015, 12:30 AM
Anyone know if he's killed someone yet?

Charlie Drummond teas.

Rob!
04-05-2015, 12:32 AM
Is he still in prison?

Jason.
04-05-2015, 12:32 AM
I thought he was racist and nothing can change my mind, Mock.

Here for Daniel sticking up for what he believes in.

AND NOTHING CAN EVER CHANGE MY MIND!

Jason.
04-05-2015, 12:33 AM
Is he still in prison?

Daniel.
04-05-2015, 12:35 AM
Here for Mock sticking up for what he believes in.

AND NOTHING CAN EVER CHANGE MY MIND!

What

MB.
04-05-2015, 12:36 AM
Anyway

Jason.
04-05-2015, 12:40 AM
Anyway

Jason.
04-05-2015, 12:41 AM
What

I meant Daniel.

How embarrassing.

MB.
04-05-2015, 12:43 AM
I meant Daniel.

How embarrassing.

Well that was a bit thick of you. :idc:

bcYppAs6ZdI

Jason.
04-05-2015, 12:46 AM
Well that was a bit thick of you. :idc:

bcYppAs6ZdI

Bitch, come at me. See what happens!

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr05/2013/8/6/11/anigif_enhanced-buzz-2965-1375803121-32_preview.gif

Rob!
04-05-2015, 12:49 AM
Bitch, come at me. See what happens!

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr05/2013/8/6/11/anigif_enhanced-buzz-2965-1375803121-32_preview.gif

Gif or words, which are you choosing? :fan:

Jason.
04-05-2015, 12:51 AM
Gif or words, which are you choosing? :fan:

Both.
I only added the gif, to imply it was a joke.

Otherwise Ashleigh would've thought I was being threatening, cause you know, she's thick. :joker: