PDA

View Full Version : Rylan gives more housemate details in The Sun.

zakman440
05-05-2015, 09:33 AM

Here's what the article says:

Rylan Clark has told how former Big Brother housemates could make an appearance in the new series.

The Big Brother's Bit On The Side host, who helped select the new contestants, has dubbed them the "most varied collection of people in the shows history".

And he claimed the "Timebomb" theme could see former "iconic" housemates return to the show several days at a time.

He told TV Biz: "I know who's going in, I was in the room when they were selected. This year, more than ever, we've got a real mix of people. This is the widest net that we've ever cast. We've got young, middle aged and older - and although we've got the typical stereotypes, they don't fit the bracket they're in. So, for example, a young, pretty girl might not be what she seems.

"You might have seen a couple of the contestants if you really dug for them. But even if they've been in the papers or on a show before, we select them because they're going to be brilliant housemates.

"Some of these people are so far one way and then some are so far the other way that there'll be no common ground. For this series, they're flipping time on its head so they're really going to crack up. Big Brother could make 4am the new 3pm.

"It's a little bit Truman Show - we'll control the pattern of life, we can also visit the past so they might wake up and it be Big Brother 2007 or we go back two years and I'm suddenly a housemate again for a few days.

"Nike Grahame, Makosi... what's to say they never actually left... and could be there. It's creepy."

Hmm, not sounding too good on the housemate front. Hopefully it is just a few that've been in the press before. Still, the theme is sounding quite promising, that is if they stick to what's been said rather than doing a Secrets and Lies.

erinp5
05-05-2015, 09:40 AM
It sounds like the Big Brother 2015 housemates could well be another typical fame hungry bunch.

Bit On The Side host Rylan Clark says that we may well have seen or heard of some before, much like with a lot of last year’s group.

But Rylan insisted that it didn’t take away from the selected wannabes making for a great line up this summer.

He revealed: “I know who is going in, I was in the room when they were selected. This year more than ever, we’ve got a real mix of people. This is the widest net that we’ve ever cast.

“We’ve got young, middle aged and older — and although we’ve got the typical stereotypes, they don’t fit the bracket they’re in. So, for example, a young, pretty girl might not be what she seems.”

Rylan admitted: “You might have seen a couple of the contestants if you really dug for them.

“But even if they’ve been in the papers or on a show before, we select them because they’re going to be brilliant housemates.”

And it seems like Big Brother has cast the housemates this year for maximum conflict, as Rylan added to The Sun newspaper today: “Some of these people are so far one way and then some are so far the other way that there’ll be no common ground.”

The Big Brother 2015 start date has been confirmed for May 12, next Tuesday at 9PM on Channel 5.

Read more: http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big-brother/219231-big-brother-2015-housemates-we-may-already-know-some-of-this-years-cast.html#ixzz3ZFtvlIgk
Follow us: @tellymix on Twitter | tellymix on Facebook

Kizzy
05-05-2015, 09:42 AM
What does 'dug for them' mean?

Jake.
05-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Eh, it means nothing to me until I actually see/watch them. So much was said about last years bunch, yet look how that turned out.

DanielM787
05-05-2015, 09:57 AM
Have they not learned anything from last year, I wonder who will be fixed to win it this year

iRyan
05-05-2015, 10:13 AM
Sounds promising.

Denver
05-05-2015, 10:35 AM
To me middle aged is 40-50 so we will be getting housemates in there 60s hopefully? Allthough middle aged to BB is 35

Denver
05-05-2015, 10:37 AM
'A young pretty girl might not be as she seems' very interesting

Denver
05-05-2015, 10:37 AM
Also 4am is the new 3pm sounds excited here fpr 4am noms

Pink Pegasus
05-05-2015, 11:01 AM
The bit Rylan said about BB turning back time to an older series, and a present day housemates meeting an older housemate from that series we can also visit the past so they might wake up and it be Big Brother 2007 or we go back two years and I'm suddenly a housemate again for a few days.

sounds a bit like the idea I had in my eye logo theory that I posted earlier :
Quote xPinkpegasusx : For example in one task Big Brother might "turn back time" to an older series where a new present day housemate has to go and do battle with an older housemate in some form of task, and if they fail the older housemate survives and comes forward to join 'present day' house.

except mine involves doing a task with older housemate and if they lost the older housemate possibly replaces the current housemate. By the sounds of it it though it doen't sound anything like that, just maybe guest appearances from old housemates in the time travel thing. Probably better that way as it wouldn't really be fair for older housemates to replace current new housemates, but maybe some older housemates could end up joining the series permanently?

Benjamin
05-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Eh, it means nothing to me until I actually see/watch them. So much was said about last years bunch, yet look how that turned out.

Yeah I was bitterly disappointed with last years selection. To be honest I cannot actually say I have been very impressed with any of the housemate selections made for civilian BB since it moved to C5. Even the series with Gina and Dexter had some really piss poor choices.

Rob!
05-05-2015, 12:31 PM
He helped select them?! :umm2:

Please tell me that's BS.

reece(:
05-05-2015, 04:03 PM
But even if they've been in the papers or on a show before, we select them because they're going to be brilliant housemates.

Recruits? oop

Loukas
05-05-2015, 04:07 PM
Can't wait to see Nike Grahame return :amazed:

Cherie
05-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Bringing back ex housemates is just the most ridiculous thing ever and should only be done for an All Stars series :bored:

reece(:
05-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Belo better not be back.

Loukas
05-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Belo better not be back.

Can see them bringing back Charley (:amazed:) and Brian (:bored:) tbh

reece(:
05-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Can see them bringing back Charley (:amazed:) and Brian (:bored:) tbh
I thought the producers hate Charley </3

Loukas
05-05-2015, 04:22 PM
I thought the producers hate Charley </3

Are the producers on C5 the same as on C4? :shrug:
If not then we are in with a chance :joker:

MB.
05-05-2015, 04:25 PM
Can't wait to see Nike Grahame return :amazed:

Justice for Nadidas Almada

Marsh.
05-05-2015, 04:28 PM
The Big Brother's Bit On The Side host, who helped select the new contestants

:facepalm:

**** right off!

Marsh.
05-05-2015, 04:30 PM
I don't like the idea of messing with the time and waking up to BB 2007 with an old housemate etc. Just too gimmicky and pointless for my liking.

Like the time travel tasks they've done in the past, it's fine for a day or two but beyond that would get incredibly tedious.

reece(:
05-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Sounds like a hot mess so far.

elliebrew
05-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Does anyone like anything anymore.

Overtime they try something different everyone wants them to stop trying.

When they stop trying everyone wants them to try more.

goodness me.

I think it sounds like a corker of an idea.

#neversatisfied

MB.
05-05-2015, 04:52 PM

goodness me.

#neversatisfied

Yes, I'm here for this. :clap1:

Jay.
05-05-2015, 04:54 PM
if true, I am totally here for this :clap1:

MB.
05-05-2015, 04:57 PM
Perched. :clap1:

Jamesy
05-05-2015, 05:00 PM

goodness me.

#neversatisfied

Yes, that's it, generalize the whole fan base, well done you, 10 points

Shaun
05-05-2015, 05:11 PM
so it's mostly recruited housemates from the sound of it, then </3

Maxxie.
05-05-2015, 05:23 PM
To me middle aged is 40-50 so we will be getting housemates in there 60s hopefully? Allthough middle aged to BB is 35

Middle aged imo is about 28/29 as that's the global average age.

Cherie
05-05-2015, 05:24 PM

goodness me.

#neversatisfied

:laugh:I never say anything, I am always willing to see what happens but ex HMs :nono:

Marsh.
05-05-2015, 05:24 PM

goodness me.

#neversatisfied

It's not different though. :conf: It's what we've seen hundred times before only in different clothing.

Marsh.
05-05-2015, 05:25 PM
I mean what will this be? The 4th series Nikki Grahame has partaken in? Enough of her already,

MB.
05-05-2015, 05:25 PM

Just don't go telling any 28/29 year olds that. Mainly because it means they won't live to see 60.

Marsh.
05-05-2015, 05:26 PM

:joker:

Will.
05-05-2015, 05:30 PM
HM'a sounds great this year! Sounds like a more diverse BB14 cast, if there are 2 recruits then thats ok, Gina and Dexter were recruits and made brilliant HM.

mrmattybeck1
05-05-2015, 05:46 PM
This forum is much more positive compared to a certain other forum I like the different opinions :)

BBDodge
05-05-2015, 05:52 PM

I'm geriatric then.

Josy
05-05-2015, 06:24 PM
The Big Brother's Bit On The Side host, who helped select the new contestants

:umm2:

Jason.
05-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Not to keen on the sound of You might have seen a couple of the contestants if you really dug for them. But even if they've been in the papers or on a show before, we select them because they're going to be brilliant housemates.

BIB -
Yes, because Winston Showan was such a phenomenal housemate :idc:

The fact they have a real mix of people and a mix of different ages sounds convincing and promising. So I guess we'll have to see what were given on launch night. Anything's better than last years "the housemates have been on the "cusp" of fame".

We've got young, middle aged and older
Could possibly indicate some 50+ housemates.

Cal.
05-05-2015, 07:09 PM
I'm excited about the varied range and I don't even mind cusp of fame housemates anymore, I don't care.

Cal.
05-05-2015, 07:10 PM
I think if you're an average person and want to get on TV you should audition for a TV show with a bigger viewing audience anyway if you want your life changed - not something which averages about 1.5 million viewers.

Ant.
05-05-2015, 09:24 PM

goodness me.

#neversatisfied

^^
I am really excited for this series