PDA

View Full Version : Should BB and the other Reality Shows stop public voting?

Mystic Mock
06-05-2015, 02:11 AM
I didn't know what section to put this in so if it's in the wrong section then I understand moving it.

Anyway what's your answer to this question? I personally am starting to wonder if the public should be barred from voting as they don't vote with the rules of how BB, TXF, The Voice, or whatever other Reality Show you can think of are suppose to work.

BB - Whilst Helen was my favourite in that series, the public was just so determined to vote for a girl to win that no matter what the guys said or did that the public would never rally towards them to win.

TXF - The final 3 should've been Lauren, Andrea, and OTY in whatever order imo, they all complimented each other with the fact that they was all different to each other, but no instead all 3 got dodgy VT's and song choices to destroy them because of course Simon's posers had to be in the top 2 with not an ounce of talent, or even being remotely interesting to watch, the public voted very poorly in this series and in series 10 imo where by the top 6 only Luke and Hannah was any good and neither won.

The Voice - Both the US and the UK versions are notorious for the public picking bad winners, Danielle, Craig, and Josh for the US version, and Leanne and Stevie for the UK version, Joshua and India have also in the recent US season have received more votes than Deanna, Rob, and now Kimberly who was more talented than both of them put together, and I would personally say that Corey was more talented than Joshua.

That's just a few incidences to name as to reasons why I don't think that the public should be allowed to vote on these shows.

Do I think that the system would be perfect the way that I would have it? No, but it would give us more of a chance at being able to have better outcomes imo.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
06-05-2015, 02:36 AM
this makes zero sense

Marsh.
06-05-2015, 02:38 AM
http://share.gifyoutube.com/vZqO3G.gif

Jack_
06-05-2015, 02:42 AM
Talent shows no as that kind of defeats the point, but reality shows yes. I'd actually argue that the ~reality~ of such a show is actually affected and distorted by outside influence from the public, there's nothing more real than leaving it up to the participants themselves.

And of course the public don't have a bloody clue what they're doing the majority of the time so yeah, scrap it :clap1:

Marsh.
06-05-2015, 02:47 AM
Talent shows no as that kind of defeats the point

Not necessarily. The first talent reality shows like Popstars was about watching a panel of judges creating a new pop group or whatever. Doesn't necessarily always require a public vote.

And thinking of X Factor/Pop Idol, the public have voted only 1 or 2 as winners that have gone on to any success.

Marsh.
06-05-2015, 02:49 AM
Also I disagree with Mock saying voters in BB and similar shows "aren't voting with the rules of how these shows work". There are no rules.

It's simply vote for who you want to save, evict, win. Simple as that. People will want to keep and get rid of people for different reasons depending on what they are finding entertaining to watch.

Mokka
06-05-2015, 03:34 AM
I wouldn't watch UK BB if it wasn't public vote... it's what makes the series unique and keeps viewers watching. What I can't figure out is why you would pay to vote... that's not allowed in Canada... but it's a whole other conversation.

As for Talent shows... again if there was no public vote, the voice would just be American idol. It is keep the public voting or scrap the show imo

And to address the right or wrong outcome... the only outcome these producers want is viewers/ratings, and keeping the public in the loop keeps ratings up. Do you think any of these show creator,producers,owners care if the winner is the right one or if they go on to success once it is over? HA is what I say to that. Once the season is over, these contestants aren't needed anymore

If you are looking for fault in the way these shows are run... don't look at the public choice as the problem... it is the false fame they dangle in front of the contestants eye's that is the real issue here

BBDodge
06-05-2015, 05:33 AM
Half the time voters get General Elections wrong. Doesn't mean we should do away with democracy.

Maxxie.
06-05-2015, 06:03 AM
Not necessarily. The first talent reality shows like Popstars was about watching a panel of judges creating a new pop group or whatever. Doesn't necessarily always require a public vote.

And thinking of X Factor/Pop Idol, the public have voted only 1 or 2 as winners that have gone on to any success.

Because syco end up managing the winners like ****. Thats why 2nd or 3rd usually does better as a better record deal signs them.

Mystic Mock
06-05-2015, 06:18 AM
Half the time voters get General Elections wrong. Doesn't mean we should do away with democracy.

Tbf whatever the people vote is gonna be wrong there as all the parties in the UK are ****.:laugh:

mrmattybeck1
06-05-2015, 08:30 AM
Absolutely not the public deserve to be involved in these shows

TheManWhoLaughs
06-05-2015, 08:52 AM
Alan Sugar should just pick the winner of everything.

Except the Apprentice, as Mark Wright was a worse winner than anyone last year.

Jamesy
06-05-2015, 09:03 AM
Removing public voting would stop a lot of viewers from watching these show.

The whole point of voting is to make the viewers feel like they are a part of it, they are in control, they choose the person they want.

Big Brother could never work without public votes, without that a lot of viewers would ask themselves what's the point in watching.

XF/the Voice could work without public voting although since the days of the early pop shows we have grown to be used to being in control, removing that would damage modern music shows.

The Apprentice is different because it's about Alan Sugar having his own personal business partner. So he should be the one that picks the winner anyway. Plus given it's filmed months in advance voting would be impossible.

Tarryn
06-05-2015, 11:42 AM
I would ban horny teenage girls from voting.
We always end up with the air-headed male housemate with zero personality trying desperately to get a showmance going :sleep:

Ross.
06-05-2015, 11:53 AM
No because the public vote is probably what keeps most people interested knowing they can get the people they don't like out, granted a lot of the time it's the wrong result. :laugh:

Marsh.
06-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Because syco end up managing the winners like ****. Thats why 2nd or 3rd usually does better as a better record deal signs them.

Come on, most of them are sh*te without a chance in hell.

Who thought Leon Jackson would make a good pop star? :crazy:

Blog Rider
06-05-2015, 06:50 PM
I think voting should be free as I would never pay to vote on a reality show :)

Denver
06-05-2015, 07:14 PM
We live i the UK not the USA

armand.kay
06-05-2015, 07:42 PM

this answers the question.

T*
06-05-2015, 07:48 PM
no

Pete.
06-05-2015, 07:49 PM
We have BBUSA for this

jyunga
06-05-2015, 08:31 PM
I actually think the public vote works in favor for BBUK. You guys seem to keep running with BB contestants after they leave the house in magazines, tabloids,etc. In the US/Canada they are pretty much forgotten a week after show ends until something major happens to them. I think public involvement in the UK keeps that interest up and helps keep being tuning in.

Mystic Mock
09-05-2015, 12:11 AM
The public can't even do something as basic as voting the Tories out of Parliament in something as serious as a GE.

We need to protect our entertainment.

Mystic Mock
09-05-2015, 12:11 AM
The public can't even do something as basic as voting the Tories out of Parliament in something as serious as a GE.

reece(:
09-05-2015, 12:40 AM

:joker:

Ditching the public vote could also lead to bores sailing to the final so it's no different really. They just need to rig it more to get bores out :laugh:

Mystic Mock
09-05-2015, 01:45 AM
:joker:

Ditching the public vote could also lead to bores sailing to the final so it's no different really. They just need to rig it more to get bores out :laugh:

But with shows like BB it will be up to the entertainers to save themselves, if they can't do that then tough ****.

And with the talent shows, I honestly feel that the winners would be more interesting if they didn't have to please the Granny voters every week and it was just up to the judges on who leaves each week.

I mean I would like to hope that Ben Haenow, Leon Jackson, Sam Bailey, and Stevie wouldn't have won their series without a public vote, or if they did still win their series that it would've been cool and modern song choices instead of old Funeral song choices.

Macie Lightfoot
09-05-2015, 03:02 AM
BB - Whilst Helen was my favourite in that series, the public was just so determined to vote for a girl to win that no matter what the guys said or did that the public would never rally towards them to win.

this isn't even remotely true lmfao

Withano
09-05-2015, 03:15 AM

Yeh

Mystic Mock
09-05-2015, 03:16 AM
this isn't even remotely true lmfao

The public went from Pauline, to Jale, to Kimberly, to Danielle, to Ashleigh, and then to Helen at the end.

Chris and Christopher were mild threats, but never enough to dominate, and Winston and Ash had certain groups of the public against them from the off.

Withano
09-05-2015, 03:16 AM
I'd stop watching, I wouldn't be interested in any show that removes public opinion.

Mystic Mock
09-05-2015, 03:19 AM
Oh and CBB15 had a horrible final due to how the public voted throughout the series.

Macie Lightfoot
09-05-2015, 05:25 AM
The public went from Pauline, to Jale, to Kimberly, to Danielle, to Ashleigh, and then to Helen at the end.

Chris and Christopher were mild threats, but never enough to dominate, and Winston and Ash had certain groups of the public against them from the off.

7 of the final 10 and 6 of the final 8 were men, and the only guys evicted in the first SIX weeks were Matthew (when BB implemented Girl Power so that there wouldn't be four girls evicted in a row) and Marlon (who was evicted by a house vote.) The idea that the public was deadset on supporting women (when they have been anything but that for this show's entire run) is truly laughable.

jennyjuniper
09-05-2015, 06:36 AM
It should be a vote to evict rather than a vote to save.